[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Running Gear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
I'm a runner about 5 miles a day.
7:30 min/mile avg
I was wondering if any other fellow runners are in here.
If so what gear do you use?
I HATE lugging around my Nexus 5x and am looking into getting a watch or something to track and time my runs.
>>
I can help you. What is your budget like, are you just looking for speed and distance, anything else?
>>
>>36473647

Sweet!
I'm just looking for something to track distance and time basically. Like a good signal gps because my freaking phone drops the signal depending where I am.
But yeah I don't need it for anything but distance/time, accurately
>>
>>36473563
I got a Polar m400 a few months ago, I don't use it that much for regular runs because I found I was getting pretty much the same time on the same route but when I am training for a marathon it is useful. You can get more expensive watches that keep track of your blood pressure and heart rate but it's not something I need.
>>
>>36473563
I never keep track of min/km during my training and I don't listen to music. You just gotta make sure to run the distances and your stamina will improve overtime. I feel like interval training is the best way to improve your endurance and stamina so I combine long runs with sprinting. After a sprint you just fall back to a pace that is easy for you and when your breathing is under control you go again.
>>
>>36473724
I just looked at it. I don't really need the whole texting and notifications.
Seems like those smart watches
>>
>>36473563

Running gear?

Your feet
The ground
Gravity
Shoes
Pants of some sort to keep your junk from swinging around too much
>>
>>36473783
I don't use the majority of the features on it. I only care about pace and distance, also the app is annoying. I got it as a present but if I was buying one I would have went for a cheaper option. My girlfriend works for Polar so I am stuck using that brand but Garmin make some decent cheaper watches.
>>
>>36473849
I'm looking into some Garmins now. I saw a review bitching about the gps tho.
>>
Test Cypionate 500mg
>>
>>36473809
I would normally agree but last year I started training for my first trial running ultra and I had to buy some gear for it, feel like an asshole wearing my little runners backpack with the drinking straw coming out of it and eating energy bars and gels but it is essential when you are out running in a forest for 7 hours.

I have become everything I've ever hated.
>>
>>36473703

The best bang for your buck is going to be the Garmin 10. It costs 130 retail, and you can get GPS watches for 100, but in terms of how fast and how reliably you get signal, it's worth the 30 bucks. It will do speed and distance and can show you in the moment or average for current lap. Auto lap can go on or off and can be set to kilometers or miles. I have the 220 myself, but I'm a competitive marathoner so I use the extra features. The 10 will be perfect for your needs.
>>
>>36473904
I'm looking online as well but everything reviewed is brand new. You might be best going to a sports shop and seeing if they have a discount bin. If you are looking for something simple to track your pace it would be much cheaper.
>>
>>36474004
The Garmin 10 Does look pretty nice. 90$ on Amazon
>>
>>36473563
Microsoft Band 2
>>
been running for over a year now, first on the nike free run shoes, and then on some little bit more expensive mizuno shoes.

I think that after all of this time, I prefer the nike freeruns. The mizuno ones give me injuries.
>>
For all you runners
how do i attain the runner's high i never had running 3 mile
>>
>>36473563
I run college track. Most of the guys on my team have a fitbit surge or a garmin gps watch
>>
>>36474254

Lactic threshold running seems the most effective to me. It's not really a high like with a drug, it's more like being in the zone. Intense focus, out of body, zen, in the moment.
>>
>>36473809
> This guy doesn't leave the Runner's Penis effect to keep his junk in place
>>
>>36474254
I never get it below 3 miles. If I go on a 5 miler, I always seem to run the last 2 miles the fastest. During these critical miles, I (best I can describe) shift through the gears and recalibrate where my comfort zone is. The prolonged running at this slightly faster pace seems to give me that feel.
>>
>>36473563
When I read the title of this thread I though it was about steroids, maybe I should up my cardio from blue moon to full moon
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.