[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fit/ am i doing this right? late twenties, first attempt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2644.jpg (314 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2644.jpg
314 KB, 960x1280
hey /fit/

am i doing this right? late twenties, first attempt to grow a beard, 8 weeks growth right here. the scratchyness has gone but the hair is like stiff bristles.

any advice for a first time guy with really weak growth?supplements, oil etc?

or do i just have to deal with a babyface
>>
>>36472597
how old are you? sometimes beards wont' fill in until you're 25-26. It's also based on genetics but you could rock that goatee for a while and keep it trimmed and neat
>>

really not keen on a goatee tho. was hoping for full coverage if anything. as you can see, its not thats its light, its just patchy af
>>
>>36472675
I initially thought this was bait desu... Because that beard looks awful. Not trying to be mean just give you honest feedback. It is nowhere near enough filled in on your cheeks. You've gotta shave it dude sorry. Maybe try again in a few years.
>>
>>36472722

nope not bait. fuck. im hoping for light at the end of the tunnel. do i keep digging?
>>
>>36472753
I say turn back now. If you look there isn't even a continuous line along your jaw from ear to chin. Secondly where the beard does exist along that line it doesn't go up high enough. Look at pics of good beards and you'll see some even go up to the zygomatic arch. If you grow it out you will have bare cheeks and probably a filled in neck... And we all know the stereotypes about that sort of look. Sorry buddy this one does not appear to be in your favor. It's a fad anyway it's about to go out of style, it's been here for a decade now.
>>
>>36472828

alright thanks bud. i might just give it 4 weeks to bring it to the 12 weeks stage so i can say i gave it a fair go, then lose it. disappointed.
>>
>>36472916
It's not a great pic so maybe you're seeing something I'm not but more time won't grow hair in new areas spontaneously. It will just make your existing hairs longer. To me I see large empty areas, a few more weeks will only make them stand out more.
>>
File: IMG_2645.jpg (167 KB, 706x795) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2645.jpg
167 KB, 706x795
>>36472944

under angle
>>
Consider a chin only or chin+ mustache , shave the rest.
Besides, manly face has more to do with your overall look, your gaze, your cheeks (too blush, recommending a prison scar)
>>
>>36473015

>'mom, 4chan told me to cut myself!'
>>
>>36472988
Yeah that empty area won't fill in just by waiting a few more weeks. You could pull off goatee or shave it all.
>>
>>36472944

Not necessarily. Some hairs take much longer to grow. So much so that for a few weeks they're barely noticeable if even visible at all.

Seemingly empty areas can fill in. I mean if you've got totally bald cheeks a few weeks in nothing much is going to change but patchy areas can catch up and fill out as tiny tiny hairs get to the proper length.
>>
Alright so a lot of 'beard growing guides' advocate starting with a clean shave and then doing absolutely no cutting for a few months to see growth potential... But that can look very fucking scraggly and it's just not compatible with my job.

Instead I bought a beard trimmer and figure I can just keep it trimmed down to 3mm or so and wait for the slower growing hairs to catch up.

Is there any reason this wouldn't work? All these forums are full of poor dudes looking like greasy nerds for 13 weeks when I figure they could just keep it all neatly trimmed down and wait for it to fill in short.

I mean if you let it grow for 13 weeks unmolested and then trim it down to get an even stubble or just keep it trimmed down for 13 weeks at that length it should yield the exact same thing right?
>>
>>36473185
Maybe. That's what I do often anyway. I just trim it with clippers for your head, on the no guard setting once a week maybe. I go from light stubble to light beard and then back down to stubble again. It's the most comfortable and I don't have to fuck with razors. Women seem to like the look as well.
>>
>>36473219

Yeah I can't think of a reason that it wouldn't work physically but I'm just surprised to never hear anyone doing this to avoid looking unkempt for months at a time.
I guess it's 'paying your dues' or whatever but fuck that, it's just a beard, it's not some magical rite of manhood.

I used to let it grow out for a couple weeks, get disgusted at the patches on the cheeks and then just shave.
This time I just kept going over at 3mm every few days. Almost 4 weeks in now and areas that were totally barren before are covered in very short hair. Seems like given enough time all the areas I previously thought wouldn't grow in are actually going to fill in really well.
So I'll wait for them to catch up to the 3mm level and then use the trimmer to walk it out evenly.
>>
>>36473275
That's interesting never thought to let slower hairs grow out. I might give that a shot.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.