[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Do month of isolations only >Huge pump all month long
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: 1401490358597.gif (872 KB, 500x321) Image search: [Google]
1401490358597.gif
872 KB, 500x321
>Do month of isolations only
>Huge pump all month long
>Feel strong
>Do month of compounds only
>No pump at all
>Feel the same as before
Are compounds a meme or what?
>>
>pump
Which one of us is memeing here.
>>
Pump for a month?
Breh.... Pumps last like 3-4 hours
>>
>>36470755
Huh? Isolation workouts gave me a bigger pump than compounds
>>36470782
Well you know what i mean, the muscles looked bigger, wrong use of the word pump then.
>>
>>36470788
You're retarded.
>>
>>36470741
is this some kind of new bait?
>>
>>36470804
I genuinely felt stronger whilest doing isos. Doing compound lifts didn't give me that strong feeling at all, not jokin.
>>36470811
Really trying to have a normal conversation here anon.
>>
>the bigger the pump, the more your muscles will grow

New meme
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 604x613) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 604x613
If you lack pump then you're a chump
>>
>>36470832
It's not about muscle size here anon, it's about me feeling stronger while doing isolation exercises, when in fact compounds should make you stronger.
>>
>>36470741
For bodybuilding :compounds are helpful, isolations are essential.
>>
>being this stupid
Keep doing isos and leave the squat rack for others.
>>
>do both
>benefit from gaining strength and having a pump

Seems pretty simple OP.
>>
It sounds like you're associating the feeling of vague soreness in your muscles and the awareness of them it creates as strength.

They're definitely not. Strength, however, is easily measurable and how you feel is irrelivant. If you do compound movements with enough volume you will grow and get stronger. If you only do isolation, you will have the same pump you have now, feel the same way you feel now, and never actually improve.

faggot
>>
>>36470878
Just into strength at the moment
>>36470885
I guess so
>>
>>36470828

I feel this as well

I geninuely think compounds are just hyper-contarians

people want to feel 'better' than 'curlbros' so they have to do some super special compound exercises and focus extensively on lower body. isos just fucking work and feel good.
>>
The more you pump, the more you hump, bump the rump, let the semen clump bitch faggot
>>
>>36470897
>They're definitely not. Strength, however, is easily measurable and how you feel is irrelivant. If you do compound movements with enough volume you will grow and get stronger. If you only do isolation, you will have the same pump you have now, feel the same way you feel now, and never actually improve.
citation needed
>>
Do you understand that the pump is just blood going to your muscles and does not make any difference in strength and/or muscular development?
It feels nice, I'm not going to deny it but you shouldn't be chasing it.
>>
>>36470984
>It feels nice, I'm not going to deny it but you shouldn't be chasing it.
Then it probably was the feeling that made me, well, "feel stronger".
>>
>>36470917
Jesus christ are you actually debating whether or not strength is measurable?
>>
>>36471042
curl bros could probably bench the same as a strongman in a month
>>
>>36471067
Nice bait
>>
Pump doesn't mean SHIT.
>>
>>36470897

Holy shit

Are you saying that people won't gain strength with isolation excises

Don't drink the SS koolaid.
>>
>>36470899
>just into strength atm
>doing isos
>thinks compounds are memes

Is this some new kind of bait?
>>
>>36471156
>thinks doing only isos is whats essential for strength

So you go into the gym and just go through all the machines?
>>
>>36470897
holy shit you actually believe this?
>>
>>36470804
ur dum
>>
>>36471192
if the weights go up in isos, why not
>>
>>36471192
no, but you can grow a lot just by doing isolations, i sure did when i first started because of fucked up wrists and lower back
>>
>>36471224
this
compounds will make you feel strong
isos will make you look strong
>>
>>36471209
I guess if you are picking something up by curling it, then yeah. Go for it. You will be able to pick up anything by curling it.
Or you can try to be normal and use your whole body, not in isolation, to do normal physical things
>>
>>36471234
>compounds will make you strong
>isos make you look strong

Its whether or not you want to fake the funk or want to be real
>>
>>36471192
While this is not the "correct" way to lift, claiming that using a machine will not make you grow, but compounds magically will, is completely ridiculous. Are your muscles not working on a machine, just like a compound? They just aren't getting used to working together.
>>
>>36470741
>do isolations
>focused muscle work
>body stores more water and glycogen in the muscles

>do compounds
>not as much water and glycogen buildup
>generally supposed to recruit more muscles, such as stabilizers

The key is:
compounds: strength training
isolations: hypertrophy/size training

Peace
>>
>>36471315
same poster, that's why the muscles felt "stronger". They had more readily available water and glyco.
>>
>>36471312
Can you please quote me where i said you wont grow.
Im pretty sure I just asked a question to make sure i am reading things correctly.
Brush up on your reading skills faggot
>>
>>36470878
It's the other way around. You can't become big with just isolation exercises, but you can became big with just compouds.
>>
It seriously doesn't matter what kind of training you use as long as youre progressively overloading unless you're a strength athlete.

OP, if you enjoyed doing isolations and getting a pump, then maybe that's how you should train. It really doesn't matter, just do what you enjoy
>>
>>36471334
>>36471315
So doing isos makes you feel stronger than compounds then?
>>
>>36471192

I don't think that at all, I think you can grow with both. Possibly compounds are more effective per pound of weight lifted, as more energy from the muscles is required to lift an unsupported weight.

Nothing about this suggests that 'if you do curls you will be on the same weight forever and will never grow'' - that's just ridiculous.

This whole thing is downstream off the totally unproven belief that you gain more in the long run by focusing on strength
>>
>>36471399
well, athletes train for strength.
no gf school kids train for looks.
Depends on your goals to understand whats better in the long run bitch.
Why does everyone keep thinking im this other guy that said you will never grow on isos? Does everyone on /fit/ think threads are arguments between two people and that its not possible for some random anon to just jump in?
>>
>>36470858
>feel stronger

Stronger how? Has your squat/deadlift gone up?
Or have you increased your barbell curls by 5lbs?
>>
>>36471397
Depends what you're asking:

Can isos make you feel stronger? Yes.

Are you actually stronger? Depends

Can they make you feel stronger than doing compounds does? Yes.

Does that mean they always will give that feeling? No.

Does that feeling of strength mean actual strength? No.

There's a lot at play here.
>>
>>36471079
>dignifying that obviously ironic post with a response

Lurk more mate
>>
>>36471450
Real life example would be carrying water, felt easier whilest doing isolations than while doing compounds to lift up that six pack of water.
>>
>>36471255
This.

Do you wanna talk the talk or walk the walk?
>>
>>36471460
this is also why bodybuilders fail to lift th eweight strongman can
>>
>compounds are a meme

tip top kek
>>
>>36471475
>trained isos
>picked up bottles of water by curling it. Feels strong
>trained compounds
>picked up bottles of water by curling it. Feels weak

Holy shit this place...
>>
>>36470741
I do compounds cause I can exercise the muscles I want to in less time than with isos.
>>
>>36471506
No, i mean carrying them
>>
>>36471521
As in, a farmer's walk?

Maybe you should actually do that exercise and then tell me that doing isolations helped you more than farmer's walks.

Obviously bench pressing and rowing isn't gonna help you carry stuff around, fucking duh.
>>
>>36471521
>feeling weak carrying 6 pack of bottled water

Maybe you shouldn't be telling people isos are better
>>
>>36471605
Youre just not getting it are you?
>>
File: 1448578269202.jpg (35 KB, 578x527) Image search: [Google]
1448578269202.jpg
35 KB, 578x527
>>36471646
>isos makes you stronger, my example of carrying 6 pack of bottled water proves this
>you just dont get it
>>
File: 192287.jpg (21 KB, 347x254) Image search: [Google]
192287.jpg
21 KB, 347x254
>>36471677
>>
>people actually so retarded they think you can't get big and strong from isos

Holy shit you have to be a special kind of stupid. Yes compounds are more efficient and generate a better CNS response, but if you actually think isolations won't work then you should kill yourself.
>>
>>36471728
>doesnt realize people here are claiming you are stronger doing isos versus doing compounds
Great reading skills
>>
>>36471770
>>doesnt realize people here are claiming you are stronger doing isos versus doing compounds
so they are?
>>
>>36471770
There are people literally saying isos don't work.
>>36470897
>>36471367
>>
>>36471438

> does everyone on /fit/ think threads are arguments between two people and that its not possible for some random anon to just jump in?

Pretty much.

By all means train for strength if it works for your goals, but you gotta understand there is this whole meme on /fit/ that isos are totally useless and gay, and that lifting on a strength-type routine the best course of action for almost anyone, regardless of goals
>>
>>36471728

These people are diehard SS cultists, they've probably invested 2 years of their life into getting gigantic thighs they've got to tell themselves that this was the best outcome possible
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.