[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Routine General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 19
File: Workout Spreadsheet.png (19 KB, 363x385) Image search: [Google]
Workout Spreadsheet.png
19 KB, 363x385
So /fit/ I'm almost done with SL and want to switch to PPL and begin a cut.

I'm a 6'0'' 205lbs fatass with the following stats all 5 RM:
OHP: 140
Bench: 195
Squat: 260
Deadlift: 370

Pic related is the PPL routine I made, with a focus on cutting while also improving my bench since it's my worst lift.

Any changes I should do?

Also /routine general/.
>>
>>36468595
I would drop deadlifts from the second pull day.
You only need to do them once a week really, and you wont be able to preform them well if you just squatted the day before.

I would also throw in another major pulling movement, but thats just preference.

Cycle Bench and OHP so you are doing Bench first on push 1, and OHP first on push 2.

Do Dips (or assisted ones) instead of rope pushdowns.

Do high-rep calfwork on leg day and maybe do good mornings too (or another hamstring assistance)
>>
>>36468639
just read that you wanted to improve your bench. disregard point 3 in my last post.
>>
File: 12.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
>>36468639
>>36468667
I would add another major pull movement and do Deadlifts / Rows alternated, what do you think?

What pull movement would you add? What do you think about lateral raises?

I'll also try to switch to dips, the thing is dips feel very weird and unpleasant since I have a huge wingspan.

Thanks mate.
>>
>>36468678
>I would add another major pull movement and do Deadlifts / Rows alternated, what do you think?

Yea do your pull day as you wrote it on pull 1, on pull 2, swap out Deadlifts and do dumbell rows or cable rows for 3 x 8-10 and use Pendlay rows as your 'major' movement for the day.

>What pull movement would you add? What do you think about lateral raises?

see above, but lat raises would go on push day. I have never really liked lat raises, but if you want to use them do like 2 x 15 at the end of push day.

>I'll also try to switch to dips, the thing is dips feel very weird and unpleasant since I have a huge wingspan.
switch around your grip width/ forward lean. Play around with it a bit to find what works. But Dips are crucial for well developed chest and triceps, and they are a major bench assistance exercise. If you can do them, do them
>>
>>36468752
Here's the updated one.

I'm already used to do Chin-ups, should I add them to my Pull day replacing Lat pulldowns?
>>
>>36468678
sauce?
>>
>>36468809
Dunno, saw this posted on my facebook a while ago, sorry.
>>
>>36468799
>I'm already used to do Chin-ups, should I add them to my Pull day replacing Lat pulldowns?
Oh yea. definitley

I would also be inclined to put dips before incline.
>>
What are these stats like?
height: 180cm
weight: 80kg
1 rep max lifts:
bench: 80kg
deadlift: 140kg
squat: 100kg
ohp: 50kg
>>
>>36468809

https://www.instagram.com/tay.michele/

It's really not that hard. Literally took 1 second to do reverse image search.

But here you go, you are welcome since I actually wanted to check her out myself.
>>
>>36468831
I feel like I have to much biceps work on Pull day, should I take one exercice out to replace it with something better, any suggestions?
>>
>>36468838
I'd say it's good if you've been lifting for ~1 year.
>>
File: lel kek xD.png (9 KB, 250x457) Image search: [Google]
lel kek xD.png
9 KB, 250x457
>>
>>36468907
Why don't you just do a Upper/Lower routine? Looks weird desu.
>>
>>36468838
Good if you've been lifting for a month.
>>
>>36468838
>>36468899
Wait, these are 1RM? I'd say 6 months lifting.
>>
>>36468899
>>36468923
which one is it? a year or a month?
I've actually been lifting now 1.5 months after a 8 month break, and before that I usually lifted something like 2-3 months on 6-9 months off - and it's been like that for the past couple of years
>>
>>36468877
I would take out one of the bicep isolations (or the facepulls) and put in DB rows....but thats just me. Pendlay rows hit upper back pretty hard, so do Chinups. Facepulls arent a necessity.

Also, I would take out DB bench and put in skullcrushers. they are by far the best tricep isolation IMO. the dumbbell bench wont do much to help after ~ 80 reps of heavy pressing

>>36468838
Not bad by normie standards.
Keep going.
>>
>>36468938
A month is trolling, a year was if it's 5 RMs, but for 1RMS, I'd say 6-7 months if you never lifted before.
>>
>>36468838

pretty novice? maybe like 6 months working out? what do you do for reps?
>>
>>36468944
Thanks, made some changes.

If I'd like to go really heavy on triceps as I think that's what hurts my bench the most currently, should I do rope pushdowns instead since I can't go really heavy on Skullcrushers, or can I?
>>
Why is it that when I do standing OHP with the ez bar I can lift more than when I lift with the standard olympic barbell?
I usually did OHP with the ezbar, and my gym has fixed weight ez bars, and when I reached the max weight, I wanted to increase it, so I took a barbell and put the same weight as I did with the ez bar, and nope.jpg
>>
>>36469001
Might be your grip, make sure you grab the bar with the base of your palms.
>>
>>36468996
nah, Dips and skullcrushers will help out a lot.
If you are benching, OHPing, incline benching, dipping and doing skullcrushers, your triceps will be annihilated.
Where are you struggling on bench? off the chest or lockout?
>>
>>36469074
The whole movement feels hard but the lock-out is the hardest part. I also feel a lot of the work in my triceps while benching, even with wide grip.
>>
>>36468938
I'm not trolling.

Maybe I've got low self-confidence, but I had those lifts 1rm on my third week of SS and I'm lighter than that guy.
>>
Week 1:
Monday:
Squat 5x5 ramping
Bottom rack squat 5x1 ramping
barbell curls 5x5 ramping
fat grip hammer curls to press 2x3
2 sets of dead hangs for time
weighted situps 1x20

Thursday:
Deadlift 5x5 ramping
incline bench 5x5 ramping
floor press 5x1 ramping
chinups 4x5 ramping
farmers walks/ dead hangs 2 sets for time
hanging leg raises 1x20

Wk 2:
monday:
squat 5/4/3/2/1 ramping
bottom rack squats 5x3 ramping
barbell curls 5x2 ramping
farmers hold 4 sets for time
weighted situps 1x20

wednesday:
incline bench 5/4/3/2/1
floor press 5/4/3/2/1
pulldowns 4x5 ramping
zercher carries 4 sets as far as possible

friday:
clean and press 5x2 ramping
power cleans 5x1 ramping
farmers walks 4x as far as possible

ride the bike 2 or 3 times for 30 mins on week 1 and once on week 2
>>
>>36469164
meant for >>36468958
>>
>>36469135
>The whole movement feels hard but the lock-out is the hardest part. I also feel a lot of the work in my triceps while benching, even with wide grip.

well yea thats your triceps then.
I had to start arching my back a bit more and really focus in on my chest for bench to start 'hitting' my chest. I struggled for the longest time because I didnt have a proper arch and my grip was too close; as a result my triceps and shoulders were doing most of the work.

>>36469175
what are your goals?
>>
File: gym.jpg (223 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
223 KB, 750x562
I really want to keep all pull movements together and push movements together.

ABxABx...

A:
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Incline DB press 4x8
Arnold press 4x8
Dips 4x8

I alternate starting with bench & OHP.

B:
Squat 3x5
BB rows 3x5
DL 2x5
Seated rows 4x8
Pullups 4x8
>>
What's best for strength/hypertrophy for an intermediate natty?

Texas Method with added hypertrophy

or

LPPxFull with progression?
>>
>>36469211
>what are your goals?

stronger grip and better bench. and stop being small.
you might suggest higher frequency for bench but ive found i respond best to less frequency with more volume concentrated into a day
>>
>>36469211
With the finals changes. How does it look?
>>
>>36469261
>stronger grip and better bench. and stop being small. you might suggest higher frequency for bench but ive found i respond best to less frequency with more volume concentrated into a day

If you want a better bench, then you should just bench. I dont see "Bench press" anywhere in your routine. Incline and floor presses are good and all but they are not as good for improving bench, as benching is for improving bench.
What is your bench at?

>>36469224
Squat on A day, DL on B day. Add in DB rows and Bicpe isolation on B day and you got yourself a Push/Pull

>>36469244
its a personal thing. I responded well to Madcow and TM. never run LPPxFxx
>>
>>36469324
Also, should I do push / pull / legs, or pull / push / legs?
>>
>>36469324
looks good
>>
>>36469354
my mistake, i should have been more clear. i should have said incline bench. I had 2 shoulder surgeries a year ago and find incline the most comfortable variation, so it is what i focus on. right now its at a plate for 5x5 sets across
>>
I wanna cut once I've finished SS. What's a good maintenance program?
>>
>>36469418
>cut
>maintenance
These are not the same.

PPL is a good program to cut. See >>36469324
>>
>>36469430
I meant as in to maintaing my lift numbers. Not as in to stay the same size lol. Cheers tho.
>>
>>36469398
Ahh, alright.
keep the inclines then, I would probably OHP and Dip more. Shoulders are probably the limiting factor over chest on incline bench. Dips will help you with overall chest development.

>>36469370
I would do pull/ push/ legs/ push/pull/ legs/ X
your legs are always fresh, and your back is fresh on day 1. Pushing exercises wont really affect pull or leg day

>>36469440
if you are still linearly progressing, then keep running SS or SL. if not, then TM or Madcow. Basically a strength oriented program will help maintain your strength.
>>
>>36469440
>maintaing my lift numbers
Honestly, you could do that on pretty much any routines, as long as you adjust the total volume. Let's say you do 200lbs bench for 5x5, and you start your cut, keep doing 200lbs but only 3x5. Just keep lifting heavy on your main lifts. You shouldn't have to reduce your weights if your cut isn't drastic. Make sure you get enough prots.
>>
File: 1455907611869.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455907611869.webm
1 MB, 640x640
>>36469474
>Pushing exercises wont really affect pull or leg day
I understand, but won't Push 2 be affected by Push 1?
>>
>>36469474
yea i was thinking to maybe throw in some more dumbell ohp. I have been really focusing on barbell ohp for a while (around 4 months, up to 140 for 1 rep max). I'll be conservative with dips, as they can either be good for my shoulders or make them feel a bit whacky
>>
>>36469494
you should be fine. otherwise you could do pull/push/legs x 2
>>
>>36469001
Ez bars are lighter
>>
>>36469518
One last question, I'm not sure if I'm 100% done with SL but I really want to start cutting, is it ok to switch to PPL now and try to keep progressing on main lifts while cutting -500 cals? I'll switch to a strenght program after this summer, probably TM.

What do you think?

Thanks for all your help btw.
>>
>>36469555
Honestly, you are better off running your Linear progression into the ground. keep going until you are stalling on most of your lifts. If you are cutting, it wont be very long, then you can jump to the PPL. but while you are on SL while cutting, do cardio 3x a week to help shed the weight faster.
This has the added benefit of optimally maintaining your strength while in a caloric deficit.
Either way, its your call. You probably wouldn't miss out on much if you switched to PPL right now.
After the summer, if strength is your goal, run Madcow or TM. I ran madcow as my first intermediate program and my lifts exploded, but I bet TM would yield similar results. Either way, both will get you a fair bit bigger too... I know that was one of my concerns before I ran it.

>Thanks for all your help btw.
Np Familia
>>
>>36469645
Perfect, I'll think about it. And honestly I'm bored the fuck out of SL too.
>>
Monday
5/3/1 OHP
5x10 Bench
5x12 Row
5x12 Bicep
5x12 Tricep

Tuesday
5/3/1 DL
5x10 Squat
5x12 Ab

rest

Thursday
5/3/1 bench
5x10 OHP
5x6-8 Bicep
5x6-8 weighted dips
5x6-8 row

Friday
5/3/1 squat
5x10 DL
5x 6-8 weighted core work

Rest on weekend.

Rate my routine
>>
File: 1405526156466.jpg (33 KB, 569x448) Image search: [Google]
1405526156466.jpg
33 KB, 569x448
>>36468595
How's this one?
>>
>>36470015
Don't do a 4 day push/pull, it's bad, do a 4 day upper/lower.
>>
>>36470026
For example?
Planning to switch that routine this week anyway
>>
File: 123.png (72 KB, 559x689) Image search: [Google]
123.png
72 KB, 559x689
>>36470043
Candito Upper/Lower is often recommended, god tier routine I'd say, a bit low on the volume but you can tweak the accessories.

http://www.canditotraininghq.com/app/download/956915124/Candito+Linear+Program+(2).pdf

Pic related. Read the PDF for details.
>>
>>36470026
upper days are twice longer than lower days. what do?
>>
>>36470149
It doesn't matter, but if you want to make lower longer, add some more optional exercices, also see the PDF for suggested exercises for accessory lifts and optional lifts.
>>
A
Bench
Row
Squat
Lat raise
Shrug
Curl

B
Ohp
Deadlift
Chins
Face pull
Dips

AxBxAxxBxAxB
Compounds 3x5, Accessories 3x8
When deadlift is twice in one week I do straight leg deadlift at a light weight.

Feedback appreciated
>>
>>36470253
A
Squat
Bench
Row
Chins
Shrug
Curl

B
Ohp
Deadlift
Lat raise
Face pull
Dips

And honestly, you should deadlift normally 2 times a week every two weeks, you're most likely a beginner anyway, it's not a problem.

Why don't you just do SL with added accessories? Afraid to squat 3 times a week?
>>
I´ve doing SS for a month and I do
Workout A
3x5 Squat (20 kg on each side)
3x5 Bench Press (12.5 on each side)
1x5 Deadlift (25 on each side)
2x5-8 dips (I cant do bodyweight dips so i just
do it with the help of a bench)
-45 degree Decline bench weighted situps, 3x5
-Hyperextensions - 3x8

Workout B
3x5 Squat
3x5 Standing military press (7.5 on each side)
3x5 Pendlay Rows (12.5 on each side)
2x5-8 chinups (again i cant do it so i just do what scooby told me)
-45 degree Decline bench weighted situps, 3x5
-Hyperextensions - 3x8

Fridays only
Parallel Bar dips or incline skullcrushers - 2 x 8-12
barbell/DB/EZ-Bar curls - 2 x 8-12

Pls halp
>>
>>36470523
Help for what? Keep doing SL and increase weight every workouts like you should?
>>
>>36470539
Ok, I was just saying maybe i cand do more, thanks
>>
>>36470523
Keep on doing it. Are you progressing the main lifts fine? I'd drop some of the other shit and add that shit once your strength is up.
>>
>>36468595
I'm doing SL at the moment
how much of an improvement would it be doing AxBxCxx
with B and C consisting of the A and B sl workouts
and A being solely dumbbell isolations
curls, tricep extension, press, rows, lat raises, abwheel
>>
>>36470910
Which are the main lift, squat, dead an bench? Sometimes i feel that if i just keep increasing weight I will fail
>>
>>36470950
>how much of an improvement would it be doing AxBxCxx with B and C consisting of the A and B sl workouts and A being solely dumbbell isolations curls, tricep extension, press, rows, lat raises, abwheel

It wouldnt be an improvemebt, in fact it would be the opposite.
Dont fuck with the routine. add chins and curls if you want, but keep the base the same.
>>
>>36471050
it would? why so? i mean sure i wouldn't be following the program exactly, but isolation should help for the following compounds shouldn't it?
>>
>>36471075
it would? why so? i mean sure i wouldn't be following the program exactly, but isolation should help for the following compounds shouldn't it?

Isolations do help with compound lifts, but definitley not as much as the compound lift itself.
If you want a bigger BB bench, do you (a) BB bench more or (b) do DB bench and tricep isolations.
If you are a beginner, the answer should always be A. B will work, but A will get you there faster. People who are stalling or are beyond intermediate levels could benefit from switching up the loading protocol to bust through a plateau, but beginners should essentially just do the program, AS WRITTEN, for as long as possible.

Too many people want to switch up the basics cause they think they can handle more or they think it will help their compounds. If you are still progressing linearly, then you are better off following the advice of coaches and trainers with years of experience.

TL;DR yes isolations help compounds, but not as much as compounds help compounds
>>
File: 1458566829530.png (110 KB, 875x824) Image search: [Google]
1458566829530.png
110 KB, 875x824
at what point into SS should i switch to this?
>>
>>36471218
This is a huge exaggeration but stay with me. When a person begins to lift weights (using SL an an example) using barbell/compound lifts, somewhere between 80-90% of your lift is adaptation not actual strength gains. A huge portion of adding weight every workout is because your central nervous system is adapting to moving the weight and getting more efficient at the movement. (Think "you never forgot how to ride a bike"). Its not until your pushing near your max are you beginning to see real strength gains.

Now with that idea in mind when your starting out or your only a month or so into a program like SL your CNS is still adapting (Unless your weak as fuck, not to begrudge just being honest, especially since SL recommends starting at bar weight). Doing isolation exercises at this point is more or less pointless. Your "gains" will be almost purely as you adapt. Once you get toward your max and start to leave what most refer to as linear progression would those type of isolation and "accessory" movements pay actual dividends.

So that means cutting a workout to focus on essentially "nothing" doesn't improve your overall lift and because your missing out on a chance to add 5 more lbs each workout it can be an overall detriment. Does that mean if you do it you will be losing all your gains? No, even I wouldn't exaggerate that far, but essentially you have 2 solid workouts, and 1 workout I would refer to as "fuckarounditis" which isn't doing anything but making you feel good.

This is of course my opinion, don't take it as gospel, but I can tell you, I made way faster and way more long term progress with greyskulls then friends did following things like PPL and splits (from the git-go). I think those programs are excellent as you approach novice and if you just feel the need to switch around your routine a bit every 6 or so months. But don't switch program to program every month. It takes time.

Good Luck.
>>
>>36472428
>small edit, 2nd to last line should read
>I think those programs are excellent as you leave novice stage and if....
>>
I just came back from the gym, did 370lbs x 5 deadlift, little tingly feeling near my tail bone, should I be worried?
>>
File: 1458578586252.jpg (254 KB, 1335x1214) Image search: [Google]
1458578586252.jpg
254 KB, 1335x1214
Is this a good routine for someone looking for aesthetics only? Or is a PPL better? I injured my lower back a few months ago and is not looking to lift heavy any time soon. I just want to look good. What PPL is considered the "best"? Is there even one?
>>
>>36472569
It depends, what are your stats like, and your weight?

You'll never looks aesthetic if you only bench and row 100lbs. You need to lift big to look muscular.

You could try the one I linked below, it's very good for strength progression AND aesthetics (both are closely related). If your stats are low, bulk a bit and progress, if not do it on a cut.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
>>
>>36472687

They're pretty shit desu senpai. I had to reset squat and DL because of the injury so picking a routine feels extremely awkward since they all assume an equal progression.

For 3x5:
Bench: 75 kg
Row: 34 kg dumbbell
OHP: 49 kg
DL: 60 kg
Squat: 45 kg

(dl was 120 and squat nearing 90 before the injuury)
>>
>>36472428
This is retarded. If you break muscle fibers they will repair themselves for more muscle. CNS adaptation??? what are you talkin bout bro.
>>
>>36472806
Then you could do the PPL routine I linked but put more emphasis on upper work since you can't squat and DL heavy. Focus on progressing on bench and rows, also do chin ups. And EAT.
>>
>>36472837
It honestly feels like a meme routine. The author is a ghost and just posted this out of nowhere. I've yet see people show some decent results running this program and it looks like he just threw SL, PPL and GS LP together to form a hybrid:

* 5x5 is obviously a SL thing (which he took from reg parks but changed the first two warmup sets to real sets iirc)
* AMRAP is obviously a GS LP, but he runs it with 3 sets, not 5.
* Layout of the program is a basic PPL.
* Progression is from SS.

I don't know. It felt like the author just pick and chose what he liked about each program and threw it together, but that doesn't nescessarily make it a program automatically because of that fact. I mean, I can try it, but I'm still a bit skeptical.
>>
>>36472931
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
this is a pretty standard PPL.
I dont know why your calling it a meme routine, its pretty solid.
If anything the routine you posted is a meme routine. OCB was on gear in that pick and OCB even posted before that he never ran that routine.

>* 5x5 is obviously a SL thing (which he took from reg parks but changed the first two warmup sets to real sets iirc)
>* AMRAP is obviously a GS LP, but he runs it with 3 sets, not 5.
no issues with doing that. its just more volume
>* Layout of the program is a basic PPL.
which is what you asked for
>* Progression is from SS.
so...adding weight once a workout?
>>
>>36472931
It's a beginner routine, what do you expect? If you really want look good, what you should do is milk all your beginner gains as fast as possible (doing SL or SS), and THEN move to an intermediate routine focused on your needs, which are being aesthetics. In this case, you can do Coolcicada's PPL routine, or any variation of it that fits your needs, exactly like OP did..
>>
>>36472983
PS: No matter what you do you'll look DYEL if you hop into a bro-split with shitty stats, and your progress will be sloooooooooooow.
>>
File: 1457391738727.png (120 KB, 1142x846) Image search: [Google]
1457391738727.png
120 KB, 1142x846
i use this routine the one guy posted

the only thing i dont understand is the +1kg and im guessing the percents are just off of your 5rm
>>
File: 5qopi.jpg (69 KB, 812x159) Image search: [Google]
5qopi.jpg
69 KB, 812x159
>>36472978

Sure, like I said: it just felt like he threw something together without any thought behind it but if all the principles are still there then why not. I guess progression is the only thing that matters, and if progress you should keep doing what ever the fuck you are doing for as long as possible. I modified a bit according to what I've been doing for rehab for my back and such. How does it look?
>>
>>36473115
ah fuck i just fucked up the layout of leg day, oh well.
>>
File: stairmasster.gif (4 MB, 404x352) Image search: [Google]
stairmasster.gif
4 MB, 404x352
Push-pull routine

ABCxABC

A: Chest/Triceps/Shoulders

B: Legs/Back/Biceps

C: Extra exercises of whatever I feel like, usually calves, shrugs, shoulder rotations, hamstring stretches, etc

Each day, I do 8 rounds of three sets, with no rest between sets and a 1-3 minute rest between rounds.

For example, rounds 1-4 are a set of bench presses, then french press, then OHP. 5-8 I change up the exercises and different exercises for each muscle group.

It's new and I some days only go for 4 rounds instead of 8 because it's really fatiguing
>>
>>36473161
If you're gonna spend 6 days per week in the gym I would recommend you go for a push/pull/leg schedule but that's just my opinion.
Right now you have more of a upper push - lower push/pull routine which is fine if that's what you're aiming for.
>>
I need help

Monday
Bench 3x5 205 last week
Skull crushers 3x8 85
Tricep dips 3x12
Preacher curls 3x8 95

Wednesday
Squat 3x5 205
Lateral dbell flies 3x12 20
OHP 3x8 105
Dbell shrugs 3x8 65

Friday
Deadlift 3x5 185
Random upper body lifts

Treadmill everyday, usually 2 miles or mix it up.
Any recommendations? Why is my upper body never aore if I lift to failure? Why are my squat and deadlift so bad? Upper legs are firm from running.
I'm 220lbs 6'2" and on a cut. Eat around 1900 to 2300 Cal's try to compensate for cardio
>>
>>36471737
pls anyone?
>>
>>36473056
I don't understand either. Is that +1kg every week, of your 5rm?
>>
>>36471737
That looks like when you start SS. Add the accessories a few weeks in, when you feel you can handle it
>>
File: Rip.jpg (81 KB, 549x492) Image search: [Google]
Rip.jpg
81 KB, 549x492
>>36471737
I would do that from the beginning.
>>
I'm done with SS and I need a new routine. I workout on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. I thought of trying Greyskull LP, but my gym doesn't have the equipment to do neck harness and honestly I don't see the point of doing it every workout.

Can someone suggest a good routine for me?
>>
>>36474998
how long did you do ss for? how do you look?
>>
>>36475170
1,5 months, the main concern is that i don't think quating every workout is a good idea since i also play basketball and my legs feel tired though i do 3x5 with the maximum weight that i can keep my form correct. also i feel like im not doing enough excercises on arms and shoulders
>>
>>36474998
what do you mean you're done with SS? 4 god-tier major compound lift can be...done?
>>
This might be a stupid question, but im doing pplpplx and wondering where the abs come from
Is it only from squats?

thanks
>>
Would appreciate some critique on my PPLxPPL. I only have a power rack, barbell and dumbells so I can't do any cable exercises.
>>
>>36471737
i miss traps hopefully she comes back soon
>>
>>36473472
My legs are already huge. Not from working out, I just have naturally big thighs and calves so I do mostly upper body to eventually even everything out
>>
Trappy come back....you can blame it all on me
>>
I am changing my routine a bit, doing varying types of pull-ups and pushing exercises three times a week, on monday, wednesday and friday.

Can I do 3x12 squats three times a week or should I skip them on wednesdays?
>>
>>36468595
Pls rate my hypertrophy routing. It's upper/lower split.
(A)
1a. Incline dumbbell press 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
1b. Cable horizontal row 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
2a. OHP dumbbell press 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
2b. Pull down 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
3. Dips 2-3xF

(B)
1a. Front squat 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
1b. Deadlift variation (maybe even hypers) 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
2. Bulgarian split-squat 5x5 => 4x10 => 3x15
3. Hamstring curls 3x10-12

ABxABxx or maybe AxBxAxx BxAxBxx
>>
>>36475223
> 1,5 months SS
> done

You're supposed to do it for 6-9 months, dude.
>>
>>36474697
>>36474847
thanks brahs
>>
Monday:
Squats - 3x3-5
Bench Press - 3x3-5
Pullups - 4xF

Tuesday:
Pendlay Row - 3x3-5
Overhead Press - 3x3-5
Chinups - 4xF

Wednesday:
Deadlift - 1x3-5
Bench Press - 3x3-5
Dips - 4xF

Thursday:
Pendlay Row - 3x3-5
Overhead Press - 3x3-5
Pullups - 4xF

Friday:
Squats - 3x3-5
Bench Press - 3x3-5
Chinups - 4xF

Linear progression, 6'0, 220 pounds, 2400kcal/day. Is this too much volume for powerlifting/strength? My press-movements have always been lacking hence the volume.
>>
>>36475270
It comes in from not being a fatass.
>>
File: 1457229503590.gif (2 MB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1457229503590.gif
2 MB, 360x360
What abs exercise should I do? Was following vanilla SS for a month and starting this today
>>36471737
>>
>>36468595
Should I be doing Candito's if I've only been lifting for 4 months?>>36468752
>>
>>36481588
What are your stats and weight?

You should probably keep doing SL/SS until your squat no longer progress, then it's a good time to switch to Candito, or even TM.
>>
>>36468799
You could replace barbell curls with reverse curls or hammer curls to work your grip more
>>
>>36481600
Look at the pic again senpai, there already is hammer curls.
>>
Is this shit?

Squat 3x5
Calf raises 3x15
Chin ups 3xF

OHP 3x5
DB/BB Curls 3x10

Deadlift 3x2
Hanging crunches 3x10

Rest

Cleans 5x2
Swimming or light jog

Rest

Rest
>>
>>36481622
Yes
>>
>>36481598
Only started canditos yesterday
6'2
161 lbs
Maxes
Bench:3x145
Squat:(never maxed out, but keep in mid my legs are long as fuck, also i rarely squat, something I was starting w/ canditos) Most I've done is 8x 135lb
Deadlift: (Also very weak, i fucking hate DL's cause my height makes them difficult, ik i must do them)Most I've done is 6x135lb
(I like Military press more than OHP as I feel it isolates the shoulders more. It's basically just OHP without leg assistance) 10x90lbs
>>
>>36481622
>Is this shit?
Yes
Low volume and frequency.

>>36481516
hanging leg raises

>>36480424
>Is this too much volume for powerlifting/strength? My press-movements have always been lacking hence the volume.
yes, you will stall quickly doing this. your triceps and shoulders will be overworked.

>>36476424
Whats the rep ranges.
Exercise choices look fine, but change the order. Do large muscle groups first. i.e. Dips before delt raises, Chinups before curls.
You need more hamstring work on your leg day too. throw in a set of leg curls or something

>>36474051
you dont have enough frequency. for any lifts to do very well. Do greyskull or something to get your lifts up.

>>36473115
looks pretty good
>>
>>36481682
> yes, you will stall quickly doing this. your triceps and shoulders will be overworked.

Have any recommendations on how to change it? I still want to keep it simple, linear powerlifting style and 5 days a week. Remove Dips?
>>
>>36481667
>those stats

breh eat a shitton and just do a LP like

>>36471737

im making super fast progress on it and only eating 300-400 calories over maintenance
>>
>>36481727
fug forgot to turn off trip
>>
File: shitty stats.png (36 KB, 943x852) Image search: [Google]
shitty stats.png
36 KB, 943x852
>>36481667
Ok. Honestly, you should do SL to quickly get your Squat and Deadlift up to reasonable level.

Also, when a routine says OHP it's almost always referring to a standing military press. When the legs are involved, it's called a push press.

Your stats are a bit too low to be starting Candito.

See pic related, it's your strength level, it's very bad. Do SL (download the application Stronglifts on your phone, it literally guides you on what to do). Get these stats to at least intermediate before thinking of doing Candito.

I'm tall too and my legs are very long, I have no trouble squating and deadlifting, just adjust your stance accordingly.

You have no excuse to have such shitty stats if you've been lifting more than 3 monts.

website I used: http://www.strengthstandards.co/
>>
>>36481667
(I like Military press more than OHP as I feel it isolates the shoulders more. It's basically just OHP without leg assistance) 10x90lbs
thats wrong. OHP is essentially military press without your heels touching.
Push press gives you leg assistance.

And you need to stay on some form of LP to get your lifts up.

>>36481724
look up Sheiko routines, I have heard theyre good. or go to PLG and ask. make sure you do your research before you ask questions. They wont answer or will troll stupid ones.
>>
>>36481745
>when a routine says OHP it's almost always referring to a standing military press
Correction: with the feet being shoulder width*
>>
>>36481746
The powerlifting community sucks senpai. I'm thinking about running what I wrote but removing dips and replacing it with something lighter, such as t-bar rows or curls.
>>
>>36481780
>The powerlifting community sucks senpai. I'm thinking about running what I wrote but removing dips and replacing it with something lighter, such as t-bar rows or curls.

what are your lifts?
>>
>>36481727
>>36481745
>>36481746
Thanks guys, starting SL tommorrow
>>
>>36481830
Good. Remember to sleep and eat your proteins. Strict minimum 90g a day, aim for 150g.
>>
>>36469750
"Your" routine
Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.