[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What supplements are absolutely necessary? What supplements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
What supplements are absolutely necessary?

What supplements have the MOST effect?
>>
Multivitamin, creatine, protein powder, roids.
>>
hardwork
>>
File: supps.jpg (1019 KB, 993x1647) Image search: [Google]
supps.jpg
1019 KB, 993x1647
>>36466724
Bretty much this. Just swap out the roids with vitamin D for dem natty gains. Heard mixed things about ZMA, but zinc by itself is good
>>
>>36466749
Also, make sure you go whey because dat der amino acid profile n shit
>>
>>36466705
>>36466749
>>36466756
This is good and all, but remember that they're supplements. A supplement by definition means that don't actually necessarily need it. It just helps you out in an incredibly convenient fashion
>>
Get whey protein concentrate, creatine monohydrate and fish oil tablets. If you have trouble sleeping get zinc or zma. If you don't get much sun where you live get some vitamin d.
>>
+99% of supplements are snake oil bullshit. Either they are downright scams or they are seriously underdosed.

Protein (whey or casein) is necessary if you can't get the required protein from your diet.

Weight/mass gainers are necessary if you are some skeleton who just can't get a big enough caloric surplus no matter how much you eat.

Creatine is proven to work although it's not necessary if your diet is in order and your getting enough proteins especially from red meat. But it's cheap enough and harmless enough that you might as well take it.

Caffeine is good for preworkout/precardio. You can get big bottles of 200mg pills for cheap as fuck. Stay away from expensive preworkout drinks as they rape your wallet and most of their efficiency is just derived from their caffeine content anyways.
>>
>>36466705
Just do a blood test and see if you are deficient. Taking vitamins/minerals is useless if you are at optimal levels
>Tfw hematocrit 36
>Mfw doctor wants me to stop cutting
>>
300 mg test E3.5D
>>
>>36467716
This
>>
>>36466749
>Mass Builder
>Iron

You fuckin know it bitch
>>
>>36467221

On the money.
>>
What's the benefit of fish oil?
Everyone and their mom takes them but I've never read a study saying it has conclusive effects.
>>
>>36466749
God damn what a load of fucking bullshit this is.

>>36466705
None are necessary. Most effect would be either roids/other illegal supps or creatine.
>>
How good is dmaa, I've been thinking of making my own preworkout with dmaa and caffeine. 50mg:200mg
>>
>>36468127
Have you ever looked for a study that says it has definitive effects?
Try Kris-Etherington, Harris et Appel 2002, Fish consumption, fish oil, omega 3 fatty acids and cardiovascular disease.
Or Wang, Harris, Chung et al 2006, n-3 fatty acids from fish or fish-oil, but not a-linoleic acid, benefit cardiovascular disease outcomes in primary and secondary prevention studies: a systematic review. (published in the American clinical journal of nutrition, vol 84 no 1 pages 5-17).
Both are pretty conclusive, the second study has some metanalysis as well.

(captcha was select all the fish lol)
>>
>>36468370
There's many meta saying there's no effect - http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1787690 for example.
I mean yes, omega3 FA are beneficial on their own but unlike things like creatine/caffeine which are confirmed to work by certain mechanisms down to the dot, FA is ambigious so I wouldn't say it's something you need FOR SURE.
>>
>>36466749
what happens if I take all of that?
>>
I like the liquid vit D mixed with fish oil
I also take a powder multivitamin thats 100% organic along with protein powder thats has no chemicals
>>
Preworkout will stop affecting you if you take it all the time. Protein powder is great as a supplementary source of protein (not primary). BCAAs are good for fasted training/cardio but nothing much else. Creatine is useful but no one understands how it does what it does that well
>>
>>36466705
vegetable, meat, , fruit and water are the most effective supplements
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.