[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ opinion on PT ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: 1454591101300.png (641 KB, 552x551) Image search: [Google]
1454591101300.png
641 KB, 552x551
a PT at my gym just told me to skip all the back workout, including didlylift because i have a ~10% scoliosis
>>
If you do have scoliosis, then you really shouldn't be deadlifting. Should be wearing your back brace instead
>>
>>36466455
This
>>
>>36466454
dont skip the back workout definately not, but maybe skift the diddly and the squats and work on core/spine stabilizing muscles and erectors more carefully
>>
>>36466454
If you're naturally scoliotic why not just go straight to atlas stones, since you're already in that setup anyway, quasimodo
>>
>>36468274
This, Your PT is mentally handicapped.
>>
Got a little bit scoliosis myself, doc told me to keep at it.

10kg to go for 5 plates dl
>>
>>36468274
he told me to keep the squat and ignore all the back based workouts. Still not sure how would that works out
>>
>>36466455
>>36466550
You two need to shut the fuck up. Scoliosis is perfectly normal and for most people it's not anywhere near bad enough to cause any trouble at all.
Also, look up pictures of Lamar Gant. He set world records in the deadlift with a back that was astoundingly fucked up.
>>
>>36466454
your PT doesn't want to get sued for one of his clients breaking his back while under his supervision. $15/hr isn't worth it.

>>36468274
here's a tip, hoss. spell the word "definite" then put "ly" on the end.
>>
>>36468921
OP here
its ok dude, my scoly isnt dat bad and im coping well with it anyway, its just that it feel kinda weird when a professional bodybuilder would gives out such an ambiguous advice
>>
>>36466454

personal trainers are a waste of fucking time

also they intentionally delay your progress by feeding you shit info, so they can make more money off you in the long run.
>>
>>36468988
This. It's like they're paid to spout broscience.

I heard one say earlier today "it's impossible to overtrain as a natural bodybuilder". Another one advised me to have my feet point straight forward in a lowbar squat.
>>
>>36468972
Well he's just trying to help, I guess. But now you know he doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about. Probably goes for most things he says.
>>
>>36469020

I see them showing people meme exercises all the time

im thinking "why are they wasting their time"

and then it hits me...money.
>>
>>36468959
>>36468988
technically he's not MY PT, he works for the gym, going around checking ppl's forms and giving them tips til someone actually hires him to be their PT
>>
>>36466454
A doctor told me to work my back since I have a slight scoliosis, so I guess the PT is full of shit and you should ask a doctor instead.
>>
>>36470289
agree with this
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.