[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many of you have tried Smovlov jr? My bench is pretty pathetic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1444191208193.png (615 KB, 845x450) Image search: [Google]
1444191208193.png
615 KB, 845x450
How many of you have tried Smovlov jr? My bench is pretty pathetic compared to my squat and deadlift.

While you were doing it how much did your bench go up?

What accessory work did you do?

Did you put on any size in your chest/shoulders/arms?

Just for reference, I compete in powerlifting

1222 total
434 squat
242 bench
545 deadlift
>>
>>36465339
I ran it when my bench was about where yours was and I'd plateaued there for a while. Definitely worked, gained 20 pounds on my bench in 3 weeks.

I wouldn't do much accessory work, all I did were a few sets of ten on hammer curls and face pulls to help with the shoulders elbows.

Also, smolov jr. is brutal, you will hate it after the first week, your recovery needs to be on point and you'll still hurt all the time, so it should really be a last option.
>>
>>36465379
Yours is*

Elbows AND shoulders*

I should stop posting from mobile.
>>
Guy in same boat reporting in

440 squat
225 bench (when i started smolov, its now 250)
485 deadlift

My bench increased by 25 pounds in less than 3 weeks, id definitely try it
>>
>>36465389
>>36465379
So you're both suggesting it?

and have you seen any noticeable size gains?
>>
Also what did you guys do as far as squats and deadlifts?
>>
>>36465426
Full smolov (nor JR) for squats, and deadlifts once or twice a week.
>>
>>36465414
I might be delusional but i think my chest has become slightly bigger
>>
When I ran it my bench went from 300 to 330. Other numbers (since everyone else seems to be posting them) were 430 squat and 500 deadlift at the time. Immediately after the program I noticed some substantial gains in chest size, as well as shoulders. Lost a bit when i stopped benching with such high frequency though. If you're willing to put your other lifts in the back seat for a while then i would say go for it because it definitely does the trick.
>>
>>36465443
You ran smolov for squats AND smolov Jr for bench at the same time?
How many calories extra were you eating?
How much were you sleeping?
>>
Would like to try it, what you were doing for squat and deads?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.