[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I suck at running I'm gonna say that now. On the pt test
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
I suck at running I'm gonna say that now. On the pt test I get a 16:30, I mean I can do better, I know I can it's just I don't know how to set a good pace. Anything for setting a pace for yourself? Because I feel fine after the run its just I think I'm doing alright but I'm not and I don't want to over exert myself before I stop. I need to get a 15:50 or less btw for people who don't know the standard.
>>
go running by yourself a few times to find yr own pace, that way you can find out how fast you can go while still being comfortable and not feeling like dying at the end or having to lay down on the ground like all the other pussies

I run at 9:30, 9 flat if I start practice a few weeks in advance before the PRT...not the best but it's what's comfortable for me and it's a decent time for a mile and a half compared to everyone else
>>
>>36464407
I'm still in ait man. I graduated basic like 3 weeks ago. I wish I could run on my own, this ait is strict as fuck, the only battery that doesn't allow any electronics other than your phone, fucking bullshit.
>>
>>36464365
I always find a guy whose time I want to match and just follow behind him. Improved my PT time like 30 seconds over 3 tests by doing this both during the test and at daily PT
>>
>>36464365

This is a weird psychological thing that worked wonders for me.

Whenever I took a PT test, on the run, I would hold in my hand the next rank patch above my own. So as an E3 I'd run with an E4 rank in my hand, as an E4 I ran with an E5 rank in my hand, and so on.

YMMV.
>>
>>36464365
Trial and error my friend. Grab yourself a stopwatch, use the one on your phone, all the same. Map out a run using google maps or whatever you want to get the distance and time yourself using different techniques and choose which one works best for you while maintaining a good time. One mistake I made which you should avoid is reaching for the bare minimum. Always try the best you can my friend. Trust me the harder you try when it comes to running the better you do. Dont even set a goal. Just run your hardest while pacing yourself only as much as you absolutely have to and if you have it in you, youll do great I promise. Good luck.
>>
Im considering going on military leave to join the airforce and learn a trade there like maintenance or wiring. Would this be a good idea? I have a highschool diploma but have been working a city job straight out of hs for the past 4 years, should i go for it?
>>
Lifted for about 2 years before I started integrating any form of running. No expert, but I got relatively good compared to the average person (nothing next to an actual runner of course- 20:30 5k, 1:37:13 half marathon). In addition to my running workouts I would tack on progressively longer pace sessions (i.e. I would run a minute at my goal pace, 6:30, after my typical run. Next time 2 minutes, etc.). That helped me get used to keeping myself on pace and I think it helped a lot psychologically.
>>
>>36464985
Damn I didn't know lifting helped in fact I thought it would slow you down. Anyway I'm very limited in what I can do since I'm in ait. But I used to run a 20:30 and now I'm running a 16:30. I shaved off 4 minutes, I should be able to shave off 40 seconds
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.