[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is working out twice a day bad? Normally I workout M/Tu/Th/Fr
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1449905538178.jpg (86 KB, 1100x828) Image search: [Google]
1449905538178.jpg
86 KB, 1100x828
Is working out twice a day bad?

Normally I workout M/Tu/Th/Fr and rest the other days but I started a sport so now I'm working out twice a day on M/Tu/Th/Fr and once on Wednesday and saturday and sunday are rest days. My morning workout is with weights and other stuff I put in my program but the workout for the sport (track&field) is basically cardio with bodyweight exercises and throwing. Three hours of working out total

TLDR: is working out twice a day bad if you get enough food?
>>
This is why I dont join sports teams breh

>I'm also too autistic to interact with my normie team members
>>
>>36461989
>the workout for the sport (track&field) is basically cardio with bodyweight exercises and throwing
What is your event area?

Depending on how serious you are, the extra weight training could be very detrimental.

You can't learn a skill if you're only ever putting out 80% strength due to curling too much in the morning.
>>
>>36462070
im throwing shot put

I used to sprint
>>
>>36462152
>im throwing shot put
No, you're putting the shot.

If you coach doesn't have a strength training regimen, then morning lifting is a good idea. Noting crazy, just hit a hinge, a press, and a pull and get out. Full body, 3 times per week is plenty. Only low rep work at this point. Nothing that grinds and fries you for practice.
>>
>>36461989
It's fine. See "Bulgarian training."
>>
>>36462242
>It's fine. See "Bulgarian training."
Not for sport it's not.

Shot put is his event. Lifting supplements the event.

In Bulgarian training, lifting is literally life, with no outside activity that would inhibit recovery.
>>
>>36462275
It's fine as long as you manage the volume. Like with Bulgarian training. Which you obviously didn't look up, because if you had, you would know this.
>>
>>36462327
>It's fine as long as you manage the volume
No. Squats/presses at 90% every day would leave him incapable of properly putting explosiveness into his glide or spin technique.

>you obviously didn't look up, because if you had, you would know this.
I've done that style of training. It is for getting better at lifting ONLY. It does not work with sport.

I'm assuming you:
a) squat less than 315 lbs.
and
b) have never been proficient at a sport
>>
>>36462356
> I've done that style of training.

Did you stumble into a pool of autism? You don't even know what you're talking about.

You do realize that heavy singles, doubles, and triples with lots of rest between sets with low total volume at weights well below your rep max aren't particularly taxing on the nervous system, right?

You might have "done" that kind of training, (though I doubt that very much) but you've never coached it, have you, kiddo.

Managing. Volume. And. Recovery. Is. Not. That. Hard.
>>
>>36462450
>You might have "done" that kind of training, (though I doubt that very much) but you've never coached it, have you, kiddo.

You're an idiot.

He's training for shot put.

Find me any reputable track program that would advocate lifting 2-3 times per day on top of explosive and technique work.
>>
>>36462450

What you're describing is so fucking far from the Bulgarian model that you'd have to be a moron to consider it the same thing.

'low total volume' and 'well below your rep max' are two things completely separate to that style of training.
>>
>>36462505
No, kiddo, you're continuing to prove you know fuck all about sports programming.

You think squats aren't strength work on top of the skill work of snatches and C&Js?

That he's training for shot put doesn't matter at all. Just sub some sport skill training for some of the weight training.

You'd have to be an idiot not to understand this by this point.

>>36462543
>'low total volume' and 'well below your rep max' are two things completely separate to that style of training.

Low in volume compared to the maximum amount of volume they could handle in a day, low in weight compared to their rep maxes. Try actually reading what I wrote in context rather than just pulling shit out of your ass next time.
>>
>>36462601
>You'd have to be an idiot not to understand this by this point.

Let me itemize this for you:
>Shot Put Weight Training
Has to be properly periodized. Skill work (footwork, glide/spin technique, throw mechanics, etc.) beat the shit out of your CNS. This means: Bulgarian style training would fry an in-season athlete.

>Shot Put Training is Intense
If coached properly, throwers work their ass off. Throwing, jumping, sprinting, conditioning, weight training, plyos, etc etc. This is a sport. A "S.P.O.R.T." in it's own right.

>You think squats aren't strength work on top of the skill work of snatches and C&Js?
Lol, stop it. Throwing is nowhere near the specificity of a snatch compared to a front squat.

I coach track. I weight train. You clearly don't do the first. And you might not do the second.
>>
>>36462601

Thing is, Bulgarian style is neither low compared to the total amount of volume they could tolerate (you're looking at ~15-20 lifts above 90% per day, which is about four times the 'normal' upper bound, and ~5-10 on your light day) nor compared to their actual rep max (you're consistently going up above 90% and flirting with 100% three or four times per day).
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.