[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just did my first workout ever, pushups and weight lifting.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1387515009504.gif (1 MB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
1387515009504.gif
1 MB, 480x264
I just did my first workout ever, pushups and weight lifting.

Is it normal for me not to be able to lift my arms above my shoulders and to feel very sick in the stomach?

Did I do something wrong?
>>
Oh fuck youre doomed
>>
>>36461763
Why?
>>
>>36461720
my brother felt the same for 3 days when he worked out after 7 years of sitting in an office abusing energy drinks with zero exercise.
>>
>>36461768
You overtrained, anon. You better get to a hospital before the lactic acid eats away your muscle.
>>
>>36461720
Go to the hospital immediately.

You have severe DOMS which could lead to heart attacks, stroke, and even death.
>>
You're about to die. Run to the hospital!
>>
>>36461805
Please dont run you will die

Take the bus and prey you make it
>>
>>36461792
Wait, are you serious? Not OP, but can DOMS be that bad?
>>
>>36461781
So it will get better after a while of working out right?

>>36461791
>>36461792
>>36461805
your trolling me right?
>>
>>36461823
No m8. It isn't normal at all to be in that kind of pain after a workout.
>>
ROFL ur fine, go to bed you faggot.
>>
>>36461805
Cardio kills gains bro. He just needs an IV filled with Whey protein.
>>
>>36461823
>So it will get better after a while of working out right?
yes but dont over do it and remember to follow 3 rules:
1)dont overtrain,always have a rest day between workouts when you're new
2)eat right,have a varied diet high in proteins,vitamins,essential nutrients etc
3)SLEEP,if you dont sleep you'll recover much slower and you'll have less gains.

focus on a few compound exercises when you're new (pushups,pullups,rows,dips,squats) and add accessories in a couple of months.
Make sure you get someone experienced to show you how to perform squats and pullups properly so you dont fuck your back/knees/shoulders.
>>
It's doms, everyone gets it when they start lifting or take time off. Rest for a day, then work out again through the pain, your body will adapt, eventually it will stop happening or be barley noticeable.
>>
>nausea

I used to get this because I would hold my breath during sets, kept getting vertigo the day after too.
>>
>>36461823
How are you still alive?
>>
LEARN TO LOVE THE PAIN AND LEAVE HUMANITY BEHIND OP, C'MON
>>
>>36461821

Yes, if you're a literal dyel.

The first time I started I had a 5 day a week program and after the first week, I couldn't bend my elbows more than 45 degrees or move my arms higher than my shoulders for 3 days.
>>
you are fine
eat big (and clean for fucks sake)
sleep big
get big.
3 times a week for a month or two. then either up your volume (to 5x5 presuming your on 3x5) or go more days a week.
Form > Weight. Slow and consistent > Fast, sporadic and sloppy.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.