[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people get fatter when they bulk? Shouldn't it be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1431100868480.jpg (94 KB, 634x898) Image search: [Google]
1431100868480.jpg
94 KB, 634x898
Why do people get fatter when they bulk?
Shouldn't it be possible to eat at maintenance, add 100 g of proteins / day, and have the same results?
I just don't get why you know to be at a surplus of 400 cals to have more gains. It seems that even "lean bulk" will increase your bf%. Isn't it possible to get gains and not increase your bf% ? why does no one does it?
>>
because putting on muscle naturally without gaining ANY fat is pretty much impossible
>>
>>36461200
try it and get back to us with your results
>>
>>36461200
What you're describing is leangains. It's possible but hard work and takes longer than bulk/cut.
>>
>>36461214
Well I have been, but that is becuase is becuase I was /fat/, so far lost 50 lbs and I lift far more than when I started, and I have put on muscle.
>>
>>36461200
Because people have no willpower and equate bulking with more lenient eating rules.
>>
>>36461237
what is the reason why it takes longer ?
gains come from protein, right?
So normally if I was eating at maintenance + excess proteins + small excess of everything else, it should be as efficient as bulking right?
what is the reason that bulking is more efficient?
>>
I think it would be doable while carb cycling.
>>
>>36461200
In theory if you have your macros and calorie counting perfect you may be able to increase mass w/o gaining fat.
Most people aren't that precise so they increase cals by 500+ to ensure they make dem gainz

Cutting is the easy part newfag
>>
>>36461200
Because when you are building muscle you have to eat at a surplus and when eating at a surplus some will go to the muscles and some will become fat. Its immpossible to just gain pure muscle because your body will put on fat.

Thats why its better to just bulk hard and gain more muscles even if it comes at the expense of gaining more fat
>>
>>36461200
I gain weight without much or any fat.. people that say its impossible are fuckiing low test beta cucks... if you have high test you can gain muscle without fat.
>>
>>36461335
lol
giant neckbeard faggot virgin
>>
>>36461200
Bigger is pretty much always stronger and people are addicted to dem gainz.
>>
>>36461262
not enough surplus calories to make muscle gains
>>
>Add 100g protein
>don't need a 400 cal excess
>????
>>
>>36461262

Gains come from calories much more than protein (for that matter, protein requirement on a bulk is actually lower than it is at maintenance or on a cut).
>>
>>36463359
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>36461200
The endocrine pathways for muscle growth and adipose storage are mostly the same. Insulin promotes the release of HGH, and at the same time promotes fat storage.
>>
>>36463359

If you add 100g protein onto your existing maintenance diet, you just added 400 calories of surplus.
>>
>>36461243
>>36461214
same here, lost 40lbs this year and put on a fuckton of strength and muscle. lean mass went from 165 to 172. now this makes me wonder, whats the cutoff point for /fat/ gains? how high of a BF do you need to have in order to put on muscle while losing fat - not a ballpark figure, one thats fairly precise? at what point will you stop gaining muscle and losing fat -- which BF%?
>>
File: 1456024049763.jpg (13 KB, 563x421) Image search: [Google]
1456024049763.jpg
13 KB, 563x421
is it possible to eat your protons in bulk and cut your surplus of calories with cardio? or does it get burned along with the calories?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.