[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is some advice you wish you had before you started lifting ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: liftan.png (123 KB, 200x306) Image search: [Google]
liftan.png
123 KB, 200x306
What is some advice you wish you had before you started lifting ?
>>
Do intermittent fasting

Dont do GOMAD

Dont go over 20% body fat
>>
>>36460937
>dont go over 20% bodyfat
nigga that's fat as fuck, i can see the unlimited strength gains you're getting but damn, i'd stop at 15% for sure
>>
>>36460950

Not that guy but 15 % and below is girly man weight
>>
>>36460950
People have no idea how fat they'll get when they "bulk"
>>
>>36460992
are you american?
>>
Start stretching so i don't have the mobility and flexibility of a 78 year old obese man 2 years down the road
>>
>>36461040
you sound like a cock
>>
Actually go on a brosplit SS is retarded.
>>
Eat more.
>>
Follow a routine
>>
Dont ever quit and stretch every day
>>
lifting is not what you think it is
stay away from the gym, do something else
>>
>>36460992
some guys don't even get visible abs until sub 10% bf anon. or maybe you're one of those powerlifters trying to excuse your "permabulk".

as for myself, something to prevent this shoulder injury
>>
>>36460911
Stay consistent, pick a routine and stick with it for at least 6-12 months. Don't micromanage if you're a beginner.
>>
>>36461064
What's a brosplit?
>>
>>36462348
>>36461052
I've been stiff as fuck, particularly in my traps and shoulders. Any good stretching routines and when to do them? Does yoga work?
>>
>>36462422
upper/lower,
shoulders, arms, back, legs
more concentration exercises basically and more days at the gym
>>
do legs
>>
>>36460937
>Do intermittent fasting
pretty shit advice
>>
Don't wait until you've already lost 15-20 lbs to take your "before" picture. You want to look as shitty as possible in it.
>>
easier to build muscle if you start out as a fatty
>>
>>36460911
Dont forget about your posture, outside of the gym
>>
Go to a chiropractor since you've been living in snap city since childhood and lifting before getting out only prolonged your stay a few years.
>>
>>36460911
http://www.triggerpoints.net/symptom/lumbar-pain

If it hurts where it's red, massage around the X. It should be a tender spot.
>>
>>36460992
agree, i'd say OPs pic is about 15% bf. Anything below 30% bf is beta
brb cup noodles done
>>
work on flexibility
>>
>>36460937
I'm a skinnyfat that's pretty new to lifting. I've been fucking around in the gym for a couple of months, now, but didn't move to a routine (Stronglifts+accessories) until 3 weeks ago.

Should I really cut if I'm at around 20% bodyfat? I'm ~175lbs at 6'2", and I think I'd look terrible if I cut now.
>>
File: 1443646201497.jpg (95 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
1443646201497.jpg
95 KB, 500x322
>>36460937

I'm 6'5 and 150 lbs

Is GOMAD a good option for me?
>>
>do phraks greyskull
>add 3x10 incline dumbbell bench
>stop cutting at 175
>>
>>36460937
>don't go over 20%
Fucking this

Also get your form right dammit.
>>
Don't lock out. Now I can't even lift because of lifting heavy and locking, have an elbow that snaps, pops and grinds all day everyday. Not worth.
>>
>>36463378
No. Just lift weights and eat more. Depending on your genetics you may see results fast. I was 6'3 130, and went up to 180 in 3 months with 10 percent body fat. Eat lots, train hard.
>>
>>36463469
>gaining 50 pounds of mostly muscle in 3 months
That's a huge load of bullshit.
>>
>>36463378
For you it actually probably is, but be warned you will probably get hella acne

>>36463185
you're probably not 20% bf with those stats, but if you're skinny fat I guess you might be

I'd say if you are living a NEET life somewhere where image isn't important then continue the bulk for a little bit, if you're at university/college then I would cut. People notice when you start to get a little tubby earlier than you think, and it changes your face a lot. It's worth the slower gains to not have people think youre chubby.
>>
>>36463493
Thanks senpai
>>
>>36463491
Not at all. In October of G.12 I weighed myself and was 130ish pounds. Fluxuated. After winter break eating 4-5k cals a day I went to 180. Teachers thought I was on roids, but I believe puberty just hit me like a shovel.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.