[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bench Press Replacement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
A year ago, I overdid a set on the bench. Ever since then, I've had neck pain every time I bench. I'd like to take a year off from benching, but I'm making good gains with squats and deadlifts. Are there any good BP replacements that are good for gains? Don't want to go full t-rex mode.
>>
>>36458990
(Weighted) dips could work very well.
>>
>>36459037
Bodyweight dips have been feeling pretty good but still feel a bit of pressure on my neck. Worried weighted dips will be even harder on me than BP. Maybe bodyweight is the way to go?
>>
>>36458990
Decline bench has done wonders for my strength + size. I kind of fased out flat bench at this point and only do decline
>>
>>36459078
It's definitely better than nothing. Other than that you really don't have any other options for a compound that hits similar muscle groups. The only choice you have it trying to isolate each muscle group (i.e. flies, skullcrushers, frontal raises or whatever). The thing is, you should probably check out that neck by someone who knows his shit (meaning not /fit/).
>>
>>36459135
Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that out

>>36459137
Yeah I see a physical therapist a few times a year. He says there's nothing physiologically wrong. Kinda a mistery at this point :(
>>
Have you been to a chiropractor?

A couple years ago I did the same shit to my neck doing cable flies. My neck was in pain whenever a lift engaged it. Went to a chiro and they identified the problem and readjusted me, and after a week of light lifting it was back to normal.
>>
have you tried the dumbbel version?

people with injuries tend to go better with it
>>
>>36459322
My physical therapy guy does neuromuscular release stuff which helps some. Not too sure about chiropractors since they put pressure directly on the spine

>>36459612
That's good to know, might have to start working those in.
>>
>>36459960
>You don't think your fucked up neck muscles are putting pressure on the spine.

If you went to the physio and he said there's nothing physiologically wrong, it means all your ligaments and tendons are good to go.

If you still have pain, it means something is not moving correctly. You either have scar tissue or muscles firing improperly to compensate for something. Or a bone out of place.

Can you give us a diagram pointing to the spot
b/c the neck is actually pretty complex.
>>
>>36461094
It's kinda weird. It's actually more of a general soreness in/around my cervical spine. And it only hits a day or two after I bench. And it's cumulative, so if I bench once it'll go away after a few days, but if I bench consistently, it'll take a few weeks for the soreness to dissipate
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.