[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it cardio or strength training? Is it /fit/ approved?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
Is it cardio or strength training? Is it /fit/ approved?
>>
If you're wearing a fucking mask like that, it's neither, it's just being a stupid asshole
>>
>>36456975
>tfw I didn't see the mask in the pic
>tfw my thread is going to devolve into baneposting
>>
>>36456948
It's not SS + GOMAD so GTFO with you pussy movements
>>
>>36456975
Actually, you inbred mongoloid, climbing is literally the only thing those masks are practical training tools for.
>>
Yes. But it's not really for insecure people, because it doesn't make you big and muscular so you can feel more confident and important
>>
>>36457212
No
>>
>>36457234
There are a lot of scrawny hippies and hipsters

I kinda wanna get into it because I like hiking and wanna be able to do more shit
>>
>>36457237
Explain, you fucking faggot, how REDUCING YOUR OXYGEN INTAKE WHILE TRAINING TO CLIMB FUCKING MOUNTAINS isn't practical.
>>
>>36457248
Tbh its much better for you than gym. If you're free of insecurities that involve the need to be big and muscular, don't go to the gym, pick up something more interesting
>>
File: iheardsomething.gif (460 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
iheardsomething.gif
460 KB, 352x240
I think this boy is missing a leg. or am i seeing that shit wrong?
>>
>>36457281
I also like being big and strong and watching my lifting numbers go up

I'd be okay with slowed progress/limited ceiling for if it means being somewhat decent at both
>>
>>36457261
Limiting air intake is not the same as reducing oxygen in the air you breathe

Breathing through a straw is not the same as breathing on top of a mountain
>>
It's kinda strength training, anon. Especially if you are into Bouldering. Bouldering trains power endurance/power/strength while sport/trad/alpine climbing trains muscular endurance. There's just a little cardio factor involved with climbing long ass routes, and that's because you are in an alpine environment.
>>
>>36457261
Idgaf what you *think.*
That wasn't designed for climbing and is a garbage-tier shill mask.
>>
>>36457373
I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE SAME THING JESUS CHRIST YOU'RE FUCKING DUMB
All I said is that it's practical. Unless you have a fucking chamber you can train in with thinner air, then guess what, this is a PRACTICAL (do you know what that means?) way to simulate the activity you're training for while in a training facility.
>>
>>36457330
There's a guy with no legs at the rock climbing gym I go to

Sometimes he wears his prosthetics and others he goes full nolegs and swings like a monkey
>>
it's the same thing with running in that sprinting = strength training, endurance = cardio.

since I don't think most people are climbing up the mountain as fast as possible, i'd say it's cardio.
>>
>>36457423
Rock climbing is so much different than mountaineering in general. Rock climbing is both a part of mountaineering, and a distinct sport. The act of climbing a mountain is cardiovascular by nature, but rock climbing is not.
>>
>>36457396
How the fuck can you tell what kind of fucking mask it is by looking at the edge of it from that picture you massive retard?
>>
>>36456948
It's cardio an strength training kinda all mixed together with flexing and stretching. Coordination and body awareness.

Lifting improves climbing and climbing improves lifting.

That said I see a lot of huge shredded guys fail at 5.9s while my scrawny ass scales 5.11cs. Excess muscle mass is a hindrance in climbing. At the same time because I do weighted chins and squats I'm better at dynos (jump moves) and high effort arm pulls than most people I see there.

Plus my grip strength is off the charts.
>>
>>36457398

Adapting your body to lowered oxygen levels can't be done just in the few hours you're at the gym.
>>
>>36457398
calm down you fucking retard
>>
>>36457398
>All I said is that it's practical. Unless you have a fucking chamber you can train in with thinner air, then guess what, this is a PRACTICAL (do you know what that means?) way to simulate the activity you're training for while in a training facility.

It's actually very impractical, limiting your breathing while scaling up walls and such could lead to you passing out and injuring yourself. So your bane mask is actually pretty fucking retarded broscience for the most part.
>>
>>36456948
If he took that off would he die?
>>
>>36456948
Climbing can be both. Underhanging bouldering problems or climb can be purely strength while multipitch problems would be more cardio
>>
>>36458133

It would be extremely painful
>>
>>36457281
Tbh senpai
>>
>>36457398
Lol wow climbers are such retarded faggots

This is why I automatically respect someone a whole lot less if they're a faggot ass rock climber.
>>
He's a pretty big guy
>>
It's more cardio than strength. Strength wise I feel it only works your grip. It's great for learning body control.
It's a fun cross training activity.
>>
>>36457261
literally all these masks do is force your body into anaerobic exercise. they will not cause your body to increase its production of bisphosphoglycerate like living at a high altitude would. These thing are literally sold as "high altitude training masks" when in reality all they are is a smaller hole than your mouth is for breathing.
>>
>>36458484
Here's your
U U
U U
>>
>>36458822
Anaerobic is mad gainz, brah
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period
>>
>>36458860
I didn't say it wasn't. I said it's not the same as high altitude training.
>>
File: 1409628988885.png (20 KB, 800x750) Image search: [Google]
1409628988885.png
20 KB, 800x750
It's a mixed of both - endurance and strenght training.
I started bouldering when I developed piriformis and it's been great. It has really helped my lifting and vice versa. Got better grip for DL's and slacklining has helped tremendously with balance and squatting (can finally do pistols). Also I can brute force some problems just with raw upper body strength. Currently on a brake because a tendon/joint injury. I had too much strength when I started, but my fingers were weak as fuck so I overdid it with crimp holds and dynos.
In the long run I'll be doing a lifting/bouldering split 4 times a week.
>>
>>36456948
> climbing
> cardio

If your heart rate ever goes up in climbing, you're probably going to break something or straight up die, fagpai.
>>
>>36459298
>he has never flashed and dashed up a 5.11b
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.