[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking of skipping first day at gym. Cancel my sub. Probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: happypepe.png (171 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
happypepe.png
171 KB, 1280x1280
I was thinking of skipping first day at gym.
Cancel my sub.
Probably never go again.

"I look like shit."
"It's not for me."

I decided to go, every part of me did not want to.
I was dead nervous.

I couldn't think of anything but what people there would think of me.
The buff guy at reception holding pen like an illiterate. The qt3.14 in squat rack doing dumbbell deadlifts.

Hiding nervousness, I went straight to stationary bike, started pedalling.
Few minutes later went for bench press.
I pressed 40 KGs, tried best to maintain good form I had learned from tens of articles and YouTube videos.
Then went for pull-ups. Couldn't do a single one.

What I realized there was that nobody, not a single soul seemed to care what I was doing.

Nobody gave a single fuck.

It's funny how nervous and scared I was.
I had a great workout. Even had a pump in my biceps.
I'm looking forward to my next workout.

Thanks /fit/.
>>
This brings a smile to my face. :)

Thank you for being able to observe what you did.
>>
>>36456657
We're all gonna make it anon, keep it up.
>>
>>36456657
congrats on being able to actually go to the gym
>>
>>36456657
I feel like everyone comes to this conclusion when they first start going to the gym. It's true no one gives a fuck what you're doing. Any respectable person will just be concerned with their own workout and nothing more. And even if anyone were judging you, they don't even know you, they aren't your friends and their meaningless momentary judgement will literally never have any effect on your life whatsoever so it's pointless to worry about.
>>
>>36456657
Nice job, anon. You're going big. Do your thing.
>>
lmao maybe if youre in america nobody gives a fuck, in europe its a whole different story though
>>
File: 1457582312408.jpg (89 KB, 750x670) Image search: [Google]
1457582312408.jpg
89 KB, 750x670
>>
>>36457596
ekki á Íslandi, nobody cares
>>
>>36457596
I'm european and I only got tips if I did something wrong, that was in the beginning.
>>
>>36456657
Good job, anon. Getting there is the first step just keep it up. We're all gonna make it bro.
>>
>>36456657
It's an addicting feeling m8, the hardest part about working out is getting in the door.

Keep at it, check your diet and you'll make it, we all will.
>>
>>36456657
Yep, people don't care.
Most gym goers are nice if you ask for help with anything too. People psyche themselves out because they think it's a loud gorilla environment, but it's actually very good-natured.
>>
>Nobody gave a single fuck
Nice delusion, fatty. Gym is one of the most judgemental places ever, its designed to attract competitive narcissists. What do you think I'm doing during my 2 minutes of rest? I look at fat shits like you struggling to do a pull-up and do my best to keep myself from laughing aloud.
Now, its fine, please continue going to the gym and becoming stronger, but don't fall for the 'nobody cares' meme.
>>
File: gogogogogo.gif (1 MB, 400x355) Image search: [Google]
gogogogogo.gif
1 MB, 400x355
>>36456657
fuck yeah bro.
>>
>>36457596
nice meme, no one gives a shit wherever you are
>>
Good job! You worked out once! Here's a fucking medal!

Fuck off, fatty.
>>
>>36457596
Well yeah, Muslims are douchebags
>>
>>36457698
>What do you think I'm doing during my 2 minutes of rest? I look at fat shits like you struggling to do a pull-up and do my best to keep myself from laughing aloud.
this.i also do 12-13 dead hangs after them just to make them feel bad
>>
>>36457698
Anyone who isn't an incredibly insecure fuckwad won't give a shit. In fact they might be a little inspired to see someone whose life is in the shutter trying to make a positive change.
>>
>>36457671
No, the hardest part of the workout is getting those 5x5 squats out of the way so you can move on to the nicer workouts.

>>36457274
A lot of people even know that everyone else doesn't care about you in the gym. But, they won't truly believe it until they have actually experienced this phenomenon inside the gym.
>>
>>36457624
Sæll íslendingur!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.