[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the bicep such a staple of our culture? Why is this picture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: bicepflex(2).jpg (149 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
bicepflex(2).jpg
149 KB, 480x320
Why is the bicep such a staple of our culture? Why is this picture considered a measure of your strength and muscularity? The bicep isn't even the best and strongest muscle of the arm - it's the tricep.
>>
File: 1456115023179.jpg (28 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1456115023179.jpg
28 KB, 480x270
>Why is the bicep such a staple of our culture?
>>
>>36455298
>strongest muscle of the arm
>triceps

I thought quads where the strongest muscle of the arm
>>
Because its the muscle group that normies see most often as it is on display much more because of short sleeves.
>>
>>36455343
mainly this, but it's also an increadibly functional muscle for not powerlifting related stuff, like manual labor

Picking up anything but a barbell where you can have a perfect movementpath and use your arms as hooks requires flexion in the elbow
>>
>>36455383
This. Big biceps means you're strong, and not just "gym strong". It shows that you have >functional strength and can use your body for labor like a strong man. Whether people react to that subconsciously or not, it impresses them.
>>
>>36455298
>The bicep isn't even the best and strongest muscle of the arm - it's the tricep.

The fuck are you smoking? The anterior compartment musculature (biceps, brachialis, coracobrachialis) is almost twice as strong as the posterior compartment one (triceps).

And with good reason as it boths stabilizes your shoulder joint and protects your elbow from dislocating.
>>
>>36455298
Lats are the most masculine muscle
>>
>>36457218
>Deltoids are the most masculine muscle

Fixed that for you, my friend. Nothing gets more pussies wet than wide cannonball shoulders.
>>
>>36457241
this. If you don't have at least one day where you do nothing but delts you may as well not work out.
>>
>>36457036
Strong back is the real evidence of "functional strength", but it's hard to recognize that in clothes for many people, while the biceps are visible in short sleeves and can frequently be indicative of a strong back.
>>
>>36455298
Biceps attract females how is that hard to understand?
>>
>>36457252
Sure nice bro split faggot
>>
>>36457327
This is it.

In nature/life, moving with your back requires using your bioceps too. So , as biceps demonstrated back strength, biceps became attractive
>>
Women are tuned to biceps, why do you think there is so many pictures of 50's strongmen with women squeezing their arms.

I am really proud of my quads/hamstrings because I'm addicted to squats but my gf never compliments them
>>
>>36455298
It's simply because it's the most visible muscle

this is why everyone always doing bench presses on mondays too
>>
>>36455383
When I switched from powerlifting to strongman, my biceps were hit pretty damn hard. Whether farmer's carries, stone lifts, sandbags or log cleans, their role as a stabilizer is very key.
>>
>>36455298
I like veiny forearms.
>>
it performs the most actions of any arm muscle (flexion of the arm, shoulder, and supination.)
>>
>>36455314
Common misconception, it's actually the glutes
>>
File: 1410072211671.png (350 KB, 374x366) Image search: [Google]
1410072211671.png
350 KB, 374x366
Agreed! It should be the glutes! For they are the strongest muscle in the human body! By the grace of my posterior chain, I can achieve low bar squats of over TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE pounds.
>>
>>36457327
>but it's hard to recognize that in clothes for many people
>big lats and traps are hard to see in a shirt

'no'

there is absolutely zero reason not to hit up the rows and curls 2-3x weekly and look jacked.
>>
>>36457770
LMFAO XDddd FUCKING EPIC POST /b/ro LMAO FUGGG G:D:DDDXDD
>>
>>36457861
Go back to r/4chan
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.