[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, I've been doing StrongLifts 5x5 for the past
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: strayan.png (3 KB, 318x159) Image search: [Google]
strayan.png
3 KB, 318x159
Hey /fit/, I've been doing StrongLifts 5x5 for the past couple months. I recently took a couple weeks off due to intense 'straya heat, and I've had a couple of revelations getting back into it.

>literally 100% of the reason I'm getting /fit/ is to impress oneitis
>impressing oneitis is almost the only thing I care about

so my question to you is this: What are the quickest workout plans in terms of calendar time for a relative beginner to build muscle? I'm happy to go to the gym five days a week or possibly even more

already read the sticky you dumb cunts
>>
bumping for the purest love
>>
blimp
>>
>>36453766
>What are the quickest workout plans in terms of calendar time for a relative beginner to build muscle?
Although this mindset is usually counterproductive when it comes to training, the quickest way to make gains is always going to be an individualized approach. There is no one-size-fits-all.

Basically you will want to do as much work as you can possibly recover from. Start gradually doing more and more sets until you hit the point where you can no longer get stronger - at this point you've exceeded your ability to recover and you're doing too much.

A couple of notes...
As you crank up the volume, choose exercises that are relatively safe to perform. For example you may want to choose a neutral grip bench press variation over the standard barbell in order not to kill your shoulders.
Do the majority of your work in the 8-15 rep range. This takes less of a toll on your joints and nervous system, making it easier to recover.
Note that your maximum recoverable volume may not actually be that high - maybe you can't even recover from more work than the standard program. You can however take measures to increase the amount of work you can tolerate. Good night's sleep, good and plenty nutrition, no alcohol, soft tissue work etc.

That's how you'd do it. But really, I recommend not doing it and focusing more on the long term instead.
>>
File: dOChndR.png (274 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
dOChndR.png
274 KB, 512x384
The best gains you are gona get are from the feel lifts after.

Keep lifting and realize if you put woman on a pedestal they can only look down on you.>>36453766
>>
>>36453766
Obviously she don't mean much if you took a few months off due to heat. Fuck man I worked out in it and worked during it.

Get up earlyier and do it in the morning or do it at night. Or just man the fuck up and do it during the day and drink more water. I was still doing in when it was 43-44 here
>>
>>36453873
okay, but i'm not an expert in muscle biology (whatever) so what are some places i can start after my two months of 5x5?

nonetheless, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>36453904
>Obviously she don't mean much if you took a few months
I took a couple of weeks off, and I also had to do fuckloads of farmwork to help my aging grandparents too.

and dude shes literally all i think about.
>>
>>36453939
There are endless ways to set it up, but I can give you an example of how I'd go about it if you like?

Also, are you a complete novice?
>>
>>36453889
damn, did he really say that in the show??
>>
>>36453956
As I said, I've done StrongLifts for two months. I feel like the gym I'm going to had some pretty dodgy equipment in it. The bar had two knuckles in it and no way it was 20 kilos.

Anyway, I'd love an example of an all-out workout plan i can do. I want to devote my whole life to getting muscular.
>>
>>36453976
All right, this is one way of doing it...

A
Squat
Snatch grip high pull

B
Seal row
Medium grip bench press

C
Front squat
Power clean

D
Pull-up
Overhead press

ABxCDx

Start out doing only a few sets and gradually ramp up the volume over time until you hit your ceiling. Stay in the higher rep range except for the explosive lifts (high pull & PCs).
It's better to stay a couple of reps away from failure and save the energy to do another set.
If you like, you can include 10 minutes of free time after your main exercises to do arm isolations and whatnot.
You can experiment with skipping a rest day and going 3, 4 or even 5 days in a row. But remember: performance must keep going up or you won't make gains.
There are many ways to progress. If you add a set compared to last time you did the given session, then that's progress in itself and you won't have to try to add weight or do more reps.

You'll get swole as fuck BUT ONLY IF YOUR NUTRITION IS ON POINT. If you don't pay attention to what you're eating you'll get nowhere.
>>
>>36453939
Stop being such a beta little bitch. If you need her that bad she will sense it and be repulsed. You are going to get your heart broken OP man up
>>
>>36454061
she's already fucking totally broken me. i figure if i go cacoon mode and then come out a totally different person i might have a chance.

this girl is literally my only chance of happiness.
>>
>>36453971
Looks like it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLzoi1ndQH8
>>
>>36454032
>ABxCDx
does this mean I do A and B on the same day, then have a day off?
>Pull-up
how do i add weight to a pull-up?
>Front squat
are regular squats fine? front squat scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>36454078
Then it is too late. You are me last year. Check out Jason Capital he will teach you game OP.
>>
>>36454177
i first told her 6 months ago and i aint moving on any time soon.
>>
>>36454589
as awful as it is conveying to a woman that you need her will repulse her

you dont enjoy her in a care free and loving way, you need her like a boy needing his mummy.

if you grow some balls and live your life the way you want to (which you must learn now how to do without her) she will respect you and become attracted again

dont stop fighting for the other things in your life, and if theres nothing there then create something
>>
Steroids
>>
>>36453766
Routine helps but the majority of your gains are going to come from diet. Probably 70-30 in favor of diet.
>>
>>36454078
>>36453766
>>36453939
>this girl is literally my only chance of happiness
she isnt
you think she is because she's some unachievable dream right now so you can put all your hope of happiness into her.
first of all this mindset will do the opposite of attract her, you'll repulse her as long as she will sense that you NEED her.
secondly in the offchance you will get with her, you will not be happy because you're placing your self-fulfillment into something/one outside of yourself, happiness comes from within.
Try and forget about her, get out in the world and meet new people, if you live in a village try adn get out.
I was in your situation, oneitis all throughout highschool, you're not in love with her, you're in love with the idea of beig with her and being happy and solve everyone of your problems, but that's not reality
On another note, I'm kinda stalled on SL after a month, I didnt start from empty bar but from 40kg on bench, should I just deload a bit and work on form? I admit I may have not done it perfectly every time, going down to my chest
>>
>>36454984
forgot to mention, I'm stuck at 57.5 kg
>>
>>36453766
>What are the quickest workout plans in terms of calendar time for a relative beginner to build muscle?

SS+GOMAD

Or eat clen, tren hard.
>>
>>36453935
>two months of 5x5
What do you seriously think that's going to achieve?
>>
>>36453976
Have you been squatting with an EZ curl bar? Pls be true.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.