[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's harder 3x5 or 3x10
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 611x548) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 611x548
What's harder 3x5 or 3x10
>>
>>36453622
both
>>
>>36453622
my dick
>>
>>36453622
Yes
>>
>>36453622
3x10 is harder because the muscles will burn more at the higher reps. 5 reps are more efficent, because down there you are limited by your strength, not by the speed lactic acid is produced in your muscles, wich you can't train.

This is also the reason why you should do your lifts 'dead'; so with a small break between the reps, to that the acid can't pile up in your muscles.

Now I'm not saying that you shouldn't do high reps if fitness is your goal but you should only do it for your assistence excersizes.

>how come my high rep sets are so ridicoulusly weak

You don't do enough cardio. Cardio helps with this
>>
>>36453622
>What's harder 3x5 or 3x10
Depends on how you define hard.

Squeezing out 1 more rep when using your 10RM is only 10% more work and thus might be doable if somebody held a gun to your face, whereas squeezing out one more rep using your 5RM would mean doing 20% more work and that's almost impossible. Therefore it's harder mentally to go to true failure doing 10 reps than doing 5.
It's pretty easy to take a 3RM set to failure because you quickly hit the point where it's physically impossible to do one more reps. Using your 20RM however, you can almost always squeeze out one more rep until the point where you vomit on the fucking floor.
Using higher reps also accumulates more metabolic waste, which creates a bigger burning sensation.
So in this regard you can say that the 3x10 has the potential to feel the hardest.

On the other hand, using heavier weights takes a much greater toll on your joints, so in this regard you can say that 3x5 is definitely harder.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.