[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ should considre playing Rugby Union What better way to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: eng-375398.jpg (34 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
eng-375398.jpg
34 KB, 590x350
/fit/ should considre playing Rugby Union
What better way to show how strong you really are than hurting other big strong guys?
>>
How easy is it to learn rugby? I actually want to try out for my uni team in the fall
>>
>>36453336
they'll teach you, just work on your fitness/size before trying out
>>
>>36453343
I run a 4.5 40m but my size is an issue as I'm only about 165 pounds. But I squat over 300, deadlift about 350 and bench 2 plates. Will my speed and relative strength be enough to overcome size? I'm considering throwing on an extra 10 or 15 pounds just to be heavier and it probs won't slow me down that much
>>
>>36453372

youll put on weight/size easily enough once you start playing and training.

focus on your 90 second endurance I.E how much work you can do in 90 seconds followed by a 60 second rest. HIIT is the goat training method for this as that is essentially what Rugby is.

Also actually watch some matches, theres nothing worse than a guy at training who is a complete novice and expects to get his hand held. Do a little bit of legwork yourself, watch some super rugby, familiarise yourself with the laws and work on your fitness
>>
File: 1425277199837.png (105 KB, 694x1333) Image search: [Google]
1425277199837.png
105 KB, 694x1333
>>36453372
you will need to start to start to do cardio and sprint training
>>
>>36453336
i played for a year in high school, and seriously had no fucking idea what i was doing. i was a prop and the other guys would literally tell me exactly where to go and what to do each play. apparently i was really good because the coach fucking loved me and i bumped the old starter out of his position. all i knew i had to do was run into people as hard as i could, and if i got the ball just lateral it to someone who can run faster than me. it was lots of fun, but i fucked up my knee because of it.
>>
>>36453562

you don't sound like you played for a year.
>>
File: r.jpg (52 KB, 800x531) Image search: [Google]
r.jpg
52 KB, 800x531
Literally the best sport.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.