[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
High Volume Routines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
What are your guys' experiences doing high volume routines compared to low/medium volume ones? How do they compare?
>>
>How do they compare?
Favourably
>>
I started doing high volume 3 months ago after 2 years of low volume, I've noticed lot more gains off of high volume. I stopped trying to show off doing heavy weight and actually got the full form down, slow reps
>>
you'll get bigger on high volume but most likely not as strong
>>
Tried both. High volume all day, everyday
>>
>>36453016
I make less gains on it because I don't like it so I put less effort in. Every other anon so far makes better gains on it because they like it therefore they put more effort into it. Do what you want faggot. Just don't be retarded about it.
>>
>>36453016
>>36453737
I don't enjoy it either. I like to put a lot of effort into my work sets. Whenever I use a higher volume approach, I find that a lot of my sets start to feel like junk volume - just doing more for the sake of doing more. It may be effective, but it doesn't FEEL like it is, and therefore I don't enjoy it.

So I use lower volumes most of the time. May not be optimal but it's enjoyable.
I still like to do phases of high volume occassionally. I never see any gains until I switch back to low volume and allow myself to supercompensate. My work capacity in general isn't very good. But I guess that's not so strange when I don't normally do that much work.

On a final note, as I've gotten older I'm starting to prefer doing the bare minimum thing - if I get can 80% of the results (and I can) doing 50% of the work, then that's what I'll do. My joints feel better this way and I have more time to do other stuff.
>>
Being close to the highest volume you can handle and recover from is always better than low volume for both strength and size. That said low volume for some might be high volume for other, it depends on your work capacity and other factors.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.