[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come no one ever talks about this, fucking Fairlife milk.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_2016-03-19-22-07-05.png (3 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-19-22-07-05.png
3 MB, 1440x2560
How come no one ever talks about this, fucking Fairlife milk.

This has to be the greatest alternative to traditional protein powder supplements out there. Actually fuck alternative I'm not seeing why this isn't just all around better. The calories to protein ratio is better than most powders.

Fair life milk is widely available across the states I've been in too.

Just look at those macros, and for just 4 dollars.
>>
>>36450937
the protein present does not contain nearly the amount of different amino acids present in traditional protein powder nor does it have much variety at all in fact, most of it seems to just be lactase...
>>
You can pay less than $0.50 dollars for a serving of whey, which is 25g of protein, and usually less than 2g each of fat and carbs.
>>
>>36450937
way more expensive compared to whey, when looking at cost per gram of protein
>>
>just $4
>for a half gallon
>milk is $3 a gallon

you fucked up anon
>>
>>36451211

...yes it does. Milk contains whey and casein, both of which are complete proteins high in BCAA's.

Lactase is the enzyme that breaks down lactose into monosaccharides, it is not a "protein".
>>
>>36450937
Just drank 2 cups, carbmaster is cheaper with the same macros though
>>
Drink both together #maxgains
>>
File: 20160314_200346.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160314_200346.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>36451317
Look at this

22 dollars in my supermarket, grams per cost this is obviously more expensive. Do the math.
>>
Fairlife is good, but unless you have extra money laying around every week, it isn't really worth it. You don't get near enough for what you pay for it and it costs a shitload relative to regular whole milk.

t. poor person trying to build muscle with whatever shit you can get at aldi
>>
>>36450937
>implying lactase won't denature in the low pH of the stomach

>implying this shit product works

I bet you let your gf get fucked by guys at the gym as well.
>>
>>36451483
Since the picture flipped I'll help you

16 grams for 150 calories, 25 servings. 22 dollars.

13 grams per serving, 80 calories, 7 servings at 4 dollars. Nearly half the cals, and it's 500 grams at 22 dollars.

Muscle milk here, on the other hand has 400 grams for 22 dollars and at nearly DOUBLE the calories.

Who wouldn't drink this? I'm seriously wondering why, with an other wise balanced diet this isn't the clear and superior choice.
>>
>>36451483
that's what happens when you but shitty protein powder.

a few months back, on sale i got 11lbs of protein for $50 from myprotein, 19g protein/scoop iirc. you can't get any better than that, shop frugally if you're budgeting bro
>>
>>36451570
I wanna see the macros though, I'm legit asking why this milk isn't superior to my run of the mill protein powder if it's half the cals and 20 percent cheaper
>>
>>36451359
You do know that enzymes are proteins, right...?
>>
>>36451519
Do you even know what "denature" means?
>>
>>36452877
The point is that he meant "lactose", so milk sugar instead of "lactase", which is the enzyme that processes lactose.
>>
>>36450937
Yea that sounds great and all but beating out protein powder doesn't make it the end all be all. For $4 its still way better to just keep a bunch of chicken breast around.
>>
>>36450937
is this something that's like halfway between ensure and protein powder? sounds good
>>
Literally commented about it on a thread like 2 days ago and everyone ignored me
>>
>>36450937
>$45 for 65 scoops of whey
>25g protein per scoop
>45/(65*25)
2.8 cents/g/protein

>$4 for 7 servings shitdrink
>13g protein per serving
>4/(13*7)
4.4 cents/g protein

I used Muscle Pharm Combat Powder for the whey which isn't especially cheap.

Also stop drinking muscle milk you retard, I can't imagine there was a single other whey near the muscle milk you bought. One glance at any other whey and you'd realize muscle milk is designed to take shekels from uneducated normies like yourself
>>
>>36453122
what if you like the higher calorie, fat, and vitamin content? It's closer to a meal replacement than whey powder.
>>
>>36453134
>he wants to replace his meals
>>
>>36453146
help me leave humanity behind. what do you for late night snacks?
>>
>>36451570
shit, that's incredible. I'll have to be on the lookout for that to happen
I got the 6lb bag of ON for $45 at costco, and that's been about the most competitive pricing I've seen yet.
>>
>>36451593
it might be cheaper to your regular protein powder, but that doesn't mean it's a replacement for protein powder as a supplement, it just means you have a low grade protein powder.
For milk, sure it's impressive, but at $4 for the generous estimate of 3 scoops of a 24g/scoop protein powder, you're not getting the bang for your buck that you could be getting
Plus, you're paying a premium for a half gallon of milk, when you could accept a slightly less protein dense milk and get more protein per dollar
>>
>>36450937
I wonder what that tastes like mixed with whey protein... (whey protein is like 150cals for 26g of protein fyi)
>>
>>36453216
> whey protein is like 150cals for 26g of protein fyi

you're buying really shitty protein powder man. 1 g protein = 4 cals. the total amount of calories should be around 104 cals +10%.
>>
>>36451570
This, wait for their whey isolate to go on sale, 24g/serving
>>
>>36453167
yeah man, check around the holidays. if i were to guess, there will probably be a sale around easter. just keep an eye out, they always have crazy sales lol
>>
It's really good, it's lactose free, and it's got more protein than usual. It's the only milk I drink. Downside is it's expensive and doesn't taste like regular milk. Much like all lactose free milk, it tastes like milk Frosted Flakes used to live in.
>>
>>36450937
How good is a protein shake made with Fairlife?
I feel like it's considerably better than making them with regular 2% milk
>>
Fuck off. Fair life is owned by coca cola.
>>
File: 1453859171852.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1453859171852.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>36455096
>ITT: coke shills
>>
>>36455086
I don't know look at the nutritional value of your milk and compare it to the nutritional value of fair life. What the fuck kind of question was that?
>>
>>36453134
Then put whey in whole milk.
>>
>>36455131
Same one your mom asked last night you conceded fuck
>>
>>36455096
Fair life is sold by coca cola, not made by them.

I'm 22 and I've never liked the taste of milk, but I saw the protein ratio and brought a bottle. For people who don't like milk, I think the taste is pretty neutral. I drink it post workout.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.