[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 675x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 675x530
Can someone explain to me, a 5'5" male, how:

>Start on a diet in February
>Tough diet, aiming for around 1200 calories daily
>Have cheat day every Friday where I eat junk food
>But remain cautious to make sure to not consume over 1500 calories
>I eat 2 meals a day, breakfast and dinner
>This is simply because of my meal plan in college
>Also do some lifting with Dumbbells, run atleast 20 minutes everyday
>Weigh 152 lbs when started
>It was tough but stuck to my regime
>A week ago I weigh myself: 152 lbs
>ffs no god damn change
>Burn out from diet, decided to give up
>Eat whatever I want
>Resulted in me eating more Apple Jacks for breakfast (I usually don't eat cereal on diet because they're no very filling and difficult to measure calories
>skim milk
>For dinner I try to eat only a salid with a vegetarian or fish dish
>During lunch and after dinner I pig out on junk
>Bags of candy, chocolate and chips eaten in a day
>Obviously racking up calories
>Stopped going to gym
>Don't give a fuck
>Yesterday, ate nothing the entire day,
>This is so that I get to eat sesame chicken with white rice, lots a calories
>For breakfast today, ate a breakfast sandwich at Panera (shit service, impolite, and the employees were Mexicans - poor English)
>Also ate entire bag of Doritos (1400 cal.) diet Mountain Dew
>Lots a calories, really wanted to burn them
>Go to gym, weight myself: 150 lbs!

This makes no sense /fit/. Is my body stuck or something? I'm happy that the damage I did over the week was minimal, but I feel I can't lower my weight no matter what! Is there something I'm not understanding?
>>
File: image.jpg (200 KB, 652x2450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200 KB, 652x2450
>>36447595
>>
>>36447599
Makes no sense
>>
>>36447595
>start a diet
>proceeds to list all this trash food he is putting into his body
>>
>>36447680
What happened to >calories in, calories out?

No such thing as trash food
>>
>>36447595
Some bullshit about the whoosh effect, search it up.
>>
OP, you were delusional and half hallucinating from your diet, the scale a week ago read 132!

You gained back 18lbs in a week. U dun goofied.
>>
>>36447595

Water weight fluctuations.
>>
File: DoYouThinkSheCanLearn.jpg (70 KB, 460x654) Image search: [Google]
DoYouThinkSheCanLearn.jpg
70 KB, 460x654
>>36447595
>5'5"
>male
pick one
>>
File: 1454992347568.jpg (99 KB, 1122x764) Image search: [Google]
1454992347568.jpg
99 KB, 1122x764
>>36447898
Assuming he's actually 5'5, it's passable in southern Europe or south America / Mexico. If he has good posture he's more like 5'6 walking around since most people lose an inch from posture.
>>
>>36447595
My guess is you're underestimating/miscalculating

Also what the fuck is with scheduled cheat days? Scheduling a cheat day to me is like making sure you'll never going to reach your goal. You are cheating 1 day every week - this means you cheat and there is crappy just food inside your body one seventh of the time that should be devoted to working towards your goal - losing weight.

I don't understand people who get all "muh body doesn't even obey the most basics laws of this world" while having a fucking weekly cheat day. You deserve to not reach your goal.
>>
>>36447945
Hahahaha what the fuck. The lengths to which manlets will go to defend each other is mind boggling.

>If he has good posture he's more like 5'6 walking around since most people lose an inch from posture.
And then the 6'2'' guy with a good posture comes by and that inch is gone and you are still a manlet.
>>
>>36447945
It's only passable in Asia. South Europe's average height ranges from 5'7 to 5'9.
>>
>>36447595
>eat -400 calories 6x a week
>eat +1000 calories 1x a week
>net -1400 calories == -200 calories/day
you might as well cut out a few apples a day you fucking retard..you'll never make it anon
>>
>>36447988
And a few inches below average isn't passable? Why haven't all the 5'10 people in the Netherlands killed themselves yet ?

>>36447985
Calm down manlet, I'm just trying to give this guy the truth and not fit meme delusion
>And then the 6'2'' guy with a good posture comes by and that inch is gone and you are still a manlet
And then I come by, 8 feet tall, and dwarf you like the pathetic manlet you are
>>
>>36447988
i found the ignorant american.
The average south european is 5'10,just check Greece and Italy statistics from conscripts.
>>
>>36448288
Found the ignorant turk
http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/2402794/0/espanol-medio-estatura/altura-peso/media/
>>
>>36448315
>random website article in some gibberish language
S K I P P E D
K
I
P
P
E
D
>>
>>36448403
>one of the largest spanish newspapers
>not an authority on average height in spain, a southern euro country

And Italians are just as short
>>
>>36447595
try dieting for more than a month you impatient gnome
>>
OP here. Didn't realize you guys would gravitate towards my height. I'm America, so yeah I have a tough time with ladies, let alone my chubbiess. Incidentally I do have Italian and Portuguese genes in me. But also some Swiss German.

What I take from this that I should have weekly cheat days? That'll be tough, but I'll take it a go. I've been reinvigorated from today's results. I also jogged for 86 minutes today, burned lots of calories.
>>
>Cheat day every Friday

Not gonna make it

>Everything besides the vegetarian salad/fish for dinner is complete shit
>>
>>36448288
>The average south european is 5'10,just check Greece and Italy statistics
Italian here, 5'8 is the the average here.
>>
>>36447599
Thanks cato.
>>
>>36448579
Just make sure you end up at a modest caloric deficit weekly and you will loose weight.
And make sure to do it for more than one month before seeing results.
This stuff takes time, and by time I mean absolute minimum 3 months
>>
>>36448739
Damn, I'm just not used to this. I actually managed to lose lots of weight (191 to 175) over winter break last year which is about 2 months. Those results were incredible! But was it healthy? Not sure. I then went on to go from 175 to 155 ish. Then from 155 to 139, my lowest weight ever since middle school. Unfortunately 2015 was a shit year, I gained weight over Summer from 139 to 147. I managed to slim back down to 142, but then I got depressed with bad grades from college and over this Winter break I gained weight to 155.

I essentially I'm used to fast results, usual strategy was to eat a small breakfast, then gorge for "Linner". Worked well during winter break since I'd have time to run for about an hour daily. Not so easy during school.
>>
>>36448842
Just to be explicit, the first winter break was 2014 - 2015, second was from 2015 - 2016.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.