[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that BDD is a serious mental disorder and probably
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 307x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 307x320
Daily reminder that BDD is a serious mental disorder and probably persistant on this board specifically. Reminder that you starving yourself constantly counting calories regardless even if it was low calorie the need and not want to exercise and morbid thoughts you have as you stare at yourself in the mirror for 20 seconds is mental illness

Please seek help
>>
>>36444847
Yeah, BDD is a serious mental disorder just like OCD is. You can either just live your life and try your best or pathologize every single fucking thing and write a blogpost about it. Go fuck yourself.
>>
I will, thanks for the warning OP!
>>
I count calories to know I'm NOT eating at a deficit. My only problem isthat I'm not fucking big enough yet

Also, most people who look in the mirror and find themselves to be ugly, actually are
>>
>>36444882
fuck that hurts
>>
>being healthy is unhealthy

The liberals have truly won.
>>
>>36444901
I didn't say that. I said unnecessary obsession and you not being able to live life.

>>36444882
But that's the thing, if someone really finds someone unattractive, and spends time contemplating it, it might be reflectant of how they feel about themselves and their own fear
>>
>>36444847
I would rather have BDD and look hot as fuck while trying to become even hotter than become a whale blind to mirrors and self awareness.
>>
How do you know if you have this? What do you suggest someone does about it?
>>
The reason why I'm posting this is because I have starved myself for about a week now and i feel like i need visible abs and all my muscle tone showing but i realized that no one is going to care more than i do obsess

But even this i do not believe thats why im checking myself in
>>
>>36444944
Thats bullshit. Counting calories takes very little effort. Being an ugly fatass is what prevents you from being able to live life.
>>
>>36444964
So you're just an idiot who doesn't know the first thing about fitness or health is all.
>>
>>36444945
You don't have to become fat. You can eat healthy and not gain weight without starving yourself or feeling like you need to run. I've had this for three years and some day you will know when it becomes too much.

>>36444959
See a physchologist that specializes in BDD and start the use of SRIs, i know its hard to admit you need help but this is a real addiction
>>
>>36444985
No, I understand more than most.

>>36444971
Yes but you don't have to gain weight, you can have a piece of pizza or a piece of cake once in a while.
>>
>>36444944

Or it could be that they're just a fat sack of fuck
>>
>>36444971
Also, I know you're probably really fit right now, but are you living? Would you always like it this way?
>>
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 742x556) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 742x556
>>36444986
I just don't see a difference between BDD and being hard on yourself and looking at yourself in the mirror, and for that reason, I'm out.
>>
>>36444986
>You don't have to become fat. You can eat healthy and not gain weight without starving yourself or feeling like you need to run. I've had this for three years and some day you will know when it becomes too much.
Dude what. You run for your heart, it doesn't really burn that many calories for how long it takes. And you've got to be food addicted as fuck if you think eating at your TDEE is starving yourself.
>>
>>36444986

Psychology is horse shit, and those stupid fuckers perscribe SSRI for everything, all it does is make you fat and sedentary
>>
>>36445003
>>36445012
I do eat pizza and cake once in awhile. I don't eat pizza and cake every day.

I feel sorry for you if your idea of living life centers entirely around food.
>>
>>36445009
But why do you care so much if someone is not aestethic? Do you hold people to a certain image reflectent of what you want to be?
>>
>>36445029
I have OCD and was put on SSRIs once. It fucking sucked balls and didn't really work. I really wish psychiatry wasn't such a fucking crapshoot.
>>
>People taking the bait
>>
>>36445040

Because I work in a hospital. What not caring about your body does to you is infinitely more dangerous and costly than caring too much
>>
>>36445034
I don't eat them because I just feel bad afterward and I should not.

>>36445014
I've lived off 1200 calories for the last three months
>>
Know I'm fat
Fit said I'm fat
Friends call me fat
Mom says I'm fat.
Bdd is a thing but I don't have it
>>
>>36445063
I'm not telling you to not care. I'm asking you to not obsess. I'm not telling you to stop exercising, I'm asking you be able to take a day off. I'm not asking you to not eat healthy, I'm asking you to not obsess.
>>
File: cringeworthy.jpg (25 KB, 500x405) Image search: [Google]
cringeworthy.jpg
25 KB, 500x405
>>36444847
>starving yourself constantly counting calories regardless even if it was low calorie the need and not want to exercise and morbid thoughts you have as you stare at yourself in the mirror for 20 seconds is mental illness
>>
>>36445100
You are viciously insecure. I know I am.
>>
>>36445068
>1200
m8... you aint gonna build any "tone" on a diet like that. Listen to the natty king's silly voice. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oi-jnsG0Z7Y
>>
>>36445080

Obsession is the root of excellence. But more importantly, most people here don't even follow a standard diet and routine, much less go beyond
>>
>>36445129
>I know I am.
Oh, you don't have to tell us, we can tell how cripplingly insecure you are. The rest of us, however? We're not insecure. Really, it's just you.
>>
>>36445161
You don't understand, modern psychology wants everyone to be mediocre. They don't care whether you make it work or not, it's all about being as careless and unexceptional as everyone else.
>>
>>36444847
I'm fat, but i've never really hated my body, even though i'm 290lbs i see people who are as heavy as me and their bodies are very different.

It gave me enough confidence to get a couple gfs and make some awesome friendships during highschool (age 18) even as an almost 300lbs man.

But there are days where i can see myself in the mirror and say "damn these clothes look good on me" and 2 days down the line i can be wearing the exact same clothes and say "wtf did i just suddendly gained 20 pounds?". It has gotten to the point where somedays i simply dont look at the mirror anymore, not because i'm one of those depressed whales that cry when they look at themselves in the mirror, but because i know that it may be some sort of mental thing.

I dont think anyone should be fat, i'm currently losing weight, my highest was 307, i'm 290 now. i may be a fat fuck but at least i'm not an autismo.
>>
>>36444847
>Daily reminder that BDD is a serious mental disorder and probably persistant on this board specifically. Reminder that you starving yourself constantly counting calories regardless even if it was low calorie the need and not want to exercise and morbid thoughts you have as you stare at yourself in the mirror for 20 seconds is mental illness
>Please seek help
Translation:
>I'm so fat I'm postively *fluffy*, but I have no personal discipline whatsoever and literally cannot stop putting food in my mouth. I tried counting calories and dieting once, but it was such torture that after 1 day of it I thought I was going to die of starvation, and going to the gym? OMFG, it was like being sentenced to some Siberian Gulag from whence no one ever returns! Now I'm so traumatized by the thought of having to give up any of my tasty mouth-friends, or anything even remotely resembling physical exercise, that I just have to try to persuade random strangers on a Mongolian Mare's-milk Fermenter's Advice Forum to also stop these horrifying things, because I'M SO TRIGGERED by the mere THOUGHT of them, that I just have to go and take my meds, right away!
>>
>>36444847

/fit/ doesnt have a problem with how they view their fatness.

They have a problem with how muscular they are. Standards are way too fucking high.

I also have high standards regarding my muscles, i dont care that much about fat.

But thats what keeps me going lol
>>
>>36445194

>290 lb fat fuck looking in the mirror and thinking " damn i lookg good".

I rather have body dismorphia than whatever you have, because you wont do shit about your weight in 100 years.

Stay fat if it makes you happy, but keep in mind that you do not look good, no matter what other people say.
>>
>>36445194
I was 308+, now 220 and I can tell you it's all about mindset. If I overthink weightloss I fuck up once then give up.
Just think of one small improvement per week and don't give up if you fuck up
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 4032x3024
>>36445208
Yes, I am fat.
>>
>>36445411
>Yes, I am fat.
We know you are, it's obvious from your posts.
I suggest a rigorous program of calorie and macro counting, along with 3 to 5 days a week of strength training, coupled with a comprehensive self-monitoring program. Consistency is the key. Denial is your enemy.
>>
>>36445446
I am 5' 10 and 142 pounds.

My suggestion is you seek help as I am.
>>
>>36444901
>BDD
>healthy
>>
>>36445411
See
>>36445213

This. That being said, you are clearly a skinny twink. Pick up something heavy. Put it back down. Repeat.
>>
>>36444945
>There is only 100% and 0%, nothing in between
Autismus Maximus
>>
>>36444971
>only work and lift
>no friends no gf
>obsess about a goal you will never reach
>this is "living life"
>>
>>36445013
lol, you already have it.
>>
>>36445461
I'm 6' at 180 lbs. My suggestion to you is that you eat more than 1200 cals a day and strength train.
>>
All I want is for people to live life with a positive outlook. I don't wish you to be overweight. I just want you to be satisfied with yourself.
>>
>>36445461
>I am 5' 10 and 142 pounds.
LOL so you're not only a manlet, but you're a hungry skellington, too? Go eat something, and get your weak ass to the gym, boy.

>My suggestion is you seek help as I am.
Why should I? I'm 6'4" and ~200lbs, and can squat 4pl for reps, bench 225 no problem, and love how I look in the mirror. YOU go seek help, as you're obviously confused.
>>
>>36445069
>Fit said I'm fat
/fit/ says everyone is fat.
>>
>>36445080

You're projecting pretty hard OP, why do you assume people are obsessing to an unhealthy degree? Most people here just want to look decent shirtless or stop being obese.
>>
>>36445518
>why do you assume people are obsessing to an unhealthy degree?
How new are you?
>>
>>36445513
Nah, that's /fa/.
>>
>>36445530

How new are you? Most 60% of /fit/ is shitposting constantly.

Now /fa/, they have a problem.
>>
>>36444944
>unnecessary obsession

taking time to live healthy is an unnecessary obsession. >>36444901 was right gtfo faggot
>>
>>36445512
Do you care about my height? It doesn't really matter to me when people are seven feet.
>>
>>36445630
Not what I said.

Obsession =/= Health
>>
File: dogepance.png (833 KB, 571x545) Image search: [Google]
dogepance.png
833 KB, 571x545
>>36445258
I think i should elaborate a little bit more about my post.

Just because i think i look good while wearing nice clothes and being 290lbs doesn't mean i should stay being a fat fuck, that'd be tumblrina mentality. if anything it should teach me that, if think i look good right now, how would i look being my ideal weight?

"but keep in mind that you do not look good, no matter what other people say"

See, that's true, but should i really have that mentality? let's go back to when i was 16 and starting highschool, at that point i realized i "shouldn't give a fuck about what people think" etc etc, that sort of mentality.

Due to that, i was able to experience teen love, teen lust, i made some awesome friendships, most of my current best memories are from highschool, that's not something a lot of people can say.

What would've happen if i had the "i'm just a fat fuck" mentality? nothing, heck, i probably would'be been bullied or some other shit like that. I wouldn't have any confidence whatsoever.

I truly believe in the "fake it till you make it" attitude, And i've been faking it for over 4 years now, i think it's time to finally make it.
>>
>>36445208
Im sorry. Nobody's gonna talk about the phrase
>mouth friends
>>
>>36445675

I don't care what you wear, no one at 30+% bodyfat looks good
>>
>>36444986
>You don't need to become fat, you can just eat healthy.
>>36445068
> I eat 1200 kcals/day
Great b8 m8
>>
>>36444872

UNDER

MOTHER

FUCKING

RATED
>>
File: sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg (16 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
sweaty-man-cartoon-230x300.jpg
16 KB, 230x300
does reverse body dismorphia exist?
basically when I look at myself in the mirror i feel buff
when I take pictures of me I feel I look totally DYEL
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.