[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When and why did you went from hating leg day, to loving it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: fEEdNcv.jpg (231 KB, 1400x2100) Image search: [Google]
fEEdNcv.jpg
231 KB, 1400x2100
When and why did you went from hating leg day, to loving it?
>>
Shut the fuck up you meme spouting cuck
>>
>>36443811
I never do squats. My knees are too important for me thank you.
>>
I don't know about loving leg day so much as loving going to the gym & it gives me another reason to go while my other parts recuperate.
>>
>>36443829
And that's why you should be doing squats?
>>
I got on the deadlift and squat hype at the start of the wave in the uk, perhaps a year or two after the US, I remember guys still justifying not squatting or deadlifting in the dumbest ways.

Really it was because I'm a natural deadlifter and have mad mobility so they both felt natural to me.

Ultimately all the bros had bigger benches than me and my deadlift numbers and squat mobility was all I had to make me feel good, and eventually superior about myself.
>>
>>36443877
Stop baiting, squats fuck your knees up
>>
>>36443811
>having a leg day to begin with.

I just squat two times a week.
>>
Squatting really fucks me up, everything hurts

I don't have that problem (200kg 1RM) and can do it easily 2 - 3 times a week.
>>
>>36443921
*with deadlifting I don't have that problem
>>
>>36443904
But I'm not. Squats can hurt your knees only if you don't go below parallel. Squats build your thigh muscles, which stabilize the knees and actually contribute to their good health.
Do you have any personal experience? Have you or someone you know squatted properly and hurt their knees?
>>
>>36443964
Yes I've had personal experience of fucking my shit up, hopefully it didn't last too long.

But I agree with you that if your form is correct, then no damage can be done. But that's a big if, getting your squat form right everytime is nearly impossible - your bound to make a mistake which will have big consequences.
>>
>>36443811
When I raised my squat by 50 pounds in a week. I seriously felt like a fucking mutant back in the day.
>>
When I found an acquaintance of mine squatting and I worked in, I found out I wasn't tipping my upper body down enough and my squat has been going up steadily since.
>>
I used to have knee problems - clicking in my knees (mainly left) + pain when I squatted down too far

since starting to go to the gym and doing squatz my knee problem has completely gone away
>>
>>36443811
I've always had strong legs even at my worst. It's upper body work I hate. I found it boring when I went from heavy ass deadlifts and squats to less than a pl8 bech press. I'm up to 140lbs now simply because I understand it's important for aesthetics and strength but it doesn't mean I hate it any less. 2pl8 soon hopefully.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.