[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gain muscle >lose fat >maintenance calories possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: i0rE8HR.jpg (64 KB, 610x345) Image search: [Google]
i0rE8HR.jpg
64 KB, 610x345
>gain muscle
>lose fat
>maintenance calories

possible or unpossible? i mean it can be low carb but high protons diet
>>
Possible.
>>
>>36443470
are you a beginner? then yes its absolutely possible. The most important thing if you are is to get into the routine of counting calories and lifting weights on a set routine
>>
>6 foot
>185 pounds
>been lifting 2 weeks with 2700 roughly a day
>weigh myself today
>191 pounds

i dun goofd somewhere
>>
>>36443470
I'm at 92 kilos, lost about 5.5 kilos over 2.5 months, and can bench 100 kilos 5x5 easily.

Yes, it's possible to lose fat on maintenance cals. I'm on bout 2,600 and have consistently lost weight over that time frame, without it resulting in strengthloss.

Gaining muscle? I dunno if that really happens, but you do look bigger because you're a lower bodyfat % and have clearer muscles to see.
>>
>>36443575
weigh yourself more often, count your calories properly and readjust when you need to to gain or lose slowly depending on your goals. typically i change my calories about 200 a day and stick with that for a week and see what happens, dont rely on formulas
>>
Easy
>starting stats
75kg, 25% bf
>10 month stats
81kg, 15% bf
Lift 4x a week, skip rope/run/whatever form of cardio I feel like every off days.
>>
>>36443618
thanks bro, ill cut it down to around 2400 and see how it goes for the week
>>
>>36443681
>2400
lel
im on 1700 cal breh. cut the carbs. 2400 is merely maintenance intake
>>
>>36443945
im a beginner, so was planning on eating around maintenance anyway to build up my strength. dont want too drastic of a cut just yet.
>>
I never thought it was possible till now.

Been eating 3200 kcal completely clean vegan. and over 3 months i have lost about 1kilo but noticeably leaner and all my lifts have gone up.

added about quarter inch to my arm too.
>>
>>36443979
How many of those cals are undigestible fibre?
>>
>>36444018
Who knows.

Most my calories come from beans and grains, about 1 kilo of green veg a day and 5-6 fruit.

Seem to be making better gains than ever before, energy lifts and cardio got way better.
>>
>>36443575
why would you say you goofed? your maintenance is about 2400, you have a 300 cal surplus, which would means a 0.3 kg increase per week. not to mention you're getting those sweet beginner gains.
>>
>>36444232

i feel like my bodyfat is high. even though ive basically got no muscle, im scared of just becoming a fatass as im far from lean. i figured 6 pounds in less than two weeks suggested i was overeating, even though im eating healthy. (eggs, chicken breast, steak, wholegrain carbs, yoghurt etc.)

i just need to get in my mind ill gain a bit of fat if i want to gain muscle, so i thought eating around maintenance may still allow me to get optimum noob gains for now and get minimal fat.

im still a noob trying to figure out everything though.
>>
>>36443470
It's limited but possible. Gains are pretty much determined by a positive nitrogen balance in your diet and reserves of energy, hit your protein macros in other words. Energy is a little in short supply while on a deficit, but you will be supplementing part of the caloric intake with fat metabolism. Bottom line is the bodily processes don't completely shut down while on a sensible diet, you will fight off colds, poop, urinate, walk around and... Repair damaged muscle (the basis of all muscle/strength building)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.