[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can you possibly justify "Calories In Calories Out&
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10
File: SvJAdU3.jpg (234 KB, 1003x593) Image search: [Google]
SvJAdU3.jpg
234 KB, 1003x593
How can you possibly justify "Calories In Calories Out" after seeing this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/4aozzf/i_recently_finished_eating_and_training_like/
>>
>>36443332
He didn't really eat 5300 calories a day, he just sucks at math
>>
>>36443350
He weighed his food and ate pretty much the same thing every day. That was kind of th whole point of the challenge.

Good try though
>>
>>36443332
No one is justifying it though. IIFYM and others like it are known memes for idiots. The rocks diet and workout plan only works cause he's on gear.
>>
>5300 calories a day
>gained 1lb in a month

Yeah, I don't think so.
>>
>>36443359
>>36443332
"Calories in calories out" isn't just a meme. It's a scientific law. For him to only gain 1lb in 33 days, that means on average he only ate 106 calories per day more than his energy expenditure. The idea that he burned 5000 calories a day is simply not plausible.
>>
>>36443332
more than likely removing all fructose from his diet had a huge effect.
>>
>>36443332
Because he fucking burned off about what he ate can you read you literal mongoloid?
>>
He dropped water weight. If he continued to eat like that he'd gain weight it's very simple
>>
File: BiochemicalPathways.png (8 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
BiochemicalPathways.png
8 KB, 1024x1024
>>36443407
>>36443409
REEEEE STOP MISAPPLYING THIS LAW.

Your body processes different types of calories in different ways, there is a thermic effect of feeding which increases or decreases depending on the micronutrient composition, depending on your hormonal state you might not absorb as much energy from the same meal one day as you do another, by eating more your metabolism might go up, and 1x million other factors you haven't even began to thought of. CICO in humans cannot be calculated by some online TDEE estimator, MFP, and some subtraction. The only way to truly know whether in positive, negative, or neutral energy balance is to look at your change in mass at the end of the day. A lot of factors go into that change and by

Pic Related: What happens when food enters the body

tl;dr - It's how your body uses/processes the calories, not necessarily how many you eat

>>36443448
No way in hell it's just water weight with such a high carb intake. If anything he gained water weight in that 1 lb.
>>
>>36443332
wow he obviously doesnt know how to train
>>
File: CICO-BIOCHEM-thumb[1].jpg (81 KB, 560x377) Image search: [Google]
CICO-BIOCHEM-thumb[1].jpg
81 KB, 560x377
>>36443480
Fucked up the image
>>
>>36443350
>>36443407
>>36443409
ITT: Autists who thinks they're nutritional experts since they read some broscience on 4chan
>>
File: 1451432124587_0.gif (2 MB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1451432124587_0.gif
2 MB, 200x193
>>36443549

>some guy from reddit followed the rock's meme diet for a month
>implying this changes or disproves anything
>>
>>36443480
>>36443549
I am a physics major. I'm pretty sure I know the laws of physics, which any ideas in nutrition would have to follow.

Our bodies don't extract energy from food with 100% efficiency, but not with so little efficiency that any normal human can consume 5300 calories of food per day (based on the nutrition label) and not gain significant amounts of weight.
>>
So a guy eats a lot every day, burns most of it off and gains 1 pound due to small surplus and OP claims cals in/out is wrong?

bait threat, saged and reported
>>
File: 1432560172543.jpg (314 KB, 2048x1342) Image search: [Google]
1432560172543.jpg
314 KB, 2048x1342
>>36443332
Calories In Calories Out is a gross oversimplification of nutrition. Your weight and most importantly your health will depend on the type of nutriment you ingest and how they are processed by the body.

That being said, if you are obese, you simply eat to much calories for the amount that you consume. If you want to loose weight, just eat at a deficit.
>>
>for 33 days

So he fucked up some days because he's new to it and his body went into wtf-are-u-doing-nigger-mode. If he did it for three more months he'd probably get results. What is he trying to prove, that he's an idiot? Fucking Reddit.
>>
>>36443332
he ate more calories than he expended
and he gained weight

seems to me like this just proves calories in calories out
>>
>>36443586
kcal in/kcal out isn't the only factor in weight gain/loss.

>>36443590
You're disregarding the termic effect of different kinds of food and shit like that, and there are studies that shows that a huge intake of protein doesn't lead to as much weight gain as carbs/fats. Also >>36443646
>>
he still looks like a retard with a shit body.
>>
CICO works well. stop trying to make this harder than it is. once you get out of school and start working on real world problems you'll quickly realize that approximations and estimates are crucial for getting things done. it's not necessary to understand every little thing that goes on under the hood. if you want to include more effects to improve your approximations then you're always welcome to do so, but just throwing up your hands and saying "oh no, everything is so complicated, we can't do anything" just doesn't work.
>>
File: 1458028368382.jpg (11 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1458028368382.jpg
11 KB, 184x184
>>36443332

Calories in calories out in not literally like that you faggot. It doesn't account for intestinal bacteria and your body is not a perfect machine that transforms energy.

If you eat way too much food, your body will just make you dump out a lot of that because it can't handle it

Note: just because calories in calories out isn't perfect doesn't mean that it's not good. It's accurate enough and there is no way someone eating at a deficit, is gaining weight
>>
>>36443590

anytime someone starts off their argument with "i am a *insert* major", I immediately roll my eyes and disregard the ensuing argument
>>
>>36443752
>but just throwing up your hands and saying "oh no, everything is so complicated, we can't do anything" just doesn't work.
Who are you talking about?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-19_11-06-13.png (43 KB, 476x560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-19_11-06-13.png
43 KB, 476x560
>>36443332
>>
None of you have realized yet that this guy was on DNP?
>>
>>36443903
Any time someone criticises an argument claiming the poster is an unqualified broscientist, then rolls their eyes whenever they explain that they're qualified to discuss this field, I roll my eyes and disregard their disregard
>>
File: fit TWO SCOOPS.jpg (95 KB, 1000x1001) Image search: [Google]
fit TWO SCOOPS.jpg
95 KB, 1000x1001
>>36443332
>Eating clean and working out a shitload causes you to lose fat and gain muscle

What astounding new revelations will this Reddit Scientist have for us next? "The Rock's diet only works because he's on enough gear to sink a battleship"?
>>
>>36444507
This. If the guy wasn't just straight up lying for internet points, then he was on DNP or purging after meals. Maybea combination of all these things.
>>
File: shame.jpg (91 KB, 361x418) Image search: [Google]
shame.jpg
91 KB, 361x418
>>36444707
>Thanks to this guy, fat people will ignore dozens of rigorously conducted experiments by scores of qualified nutritionists, medical professionals, and biological researchers that are available at a few strokes of their chubby porky fingers on their oversize keyboard, and link you to a guy on Reddit
>>
>>36444644
The information you share should speak for itself, adding the "im x major" prefaces everything you said as if you majoring in it makes you an expert (which it doesn't, you can say you're an expert after you've graduated with a PhD). If your information was indeed valid, it should speak for itself and not require some variable preface
>>
File: skeleton at laptop.jpg (65 KB, 336x450) Image search: [Google]
skeleton at laptop.jpg
65 KB, 336x450
>>36445156
>The information you share should speak for itself
If the information is being discussed then the fact that you're debating it means it literally doesn't speak for itself according to you

Seeing a string of dubious broscience from a random anon is less likely to be accurate than a string of dubious physics from a physics major

>Despite knowing very little advanced mathematics I'm going to tell a guy with a degree in mathematics that his information is wrong and his degree doesn't make him qualified to talk about it
>>
>>36445550
A Major != qualification
U idiot.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.