[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just started working out. Whenever I "push hard" doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: p_13000_1.png (187 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
p_13000_1.png
187 KB, 480x480
Just started working out. Whenever I "push hard" doing chest press or shoulders or any other machine I get really dizzy and feel like I'm gonna pass out. What could cause this and is it normal?

Since it makes me feel so uncomfortable I always have to stop doing my set and it hinders my workout.

Am I breathing wrong? Not drinking/eating enough before? What could it be?
>>
You are not breathing properly
You are using a weight too high
You just started and you have to get used to it, don't overextend.
>>
Breathing patterns or blood sugar

If you live off chocolate bars, lifting is going to make you feel light-headed
>>
>>36443096
When I get used to it will it get better? Also, when I get those dizzy feelings should I stop and rest like I do now or just power through it?
>>
>>36443110
I used to live off chocolate bars and soda. However I've been cutting down on it A LOT. I never drink soda anymore and I only eat candy like 1-2 times/month.
>>
>>36443147
Always warm up before exercises.
Do cardio.
Start with lower weights to get used to it.

Breathing is important, many people just can't breathe while doing reps properly and that is the reason why you feel dizzy after that.
>>
>>36443189
Alright, I'm gonna try and do some cardio for warmup before my workout to see if that makes any difference.

So how do I actually breathe correctly?
>>
> tfw low blood sugar
I'm constantly chewing gum or a sour patch kid when I workout
>>
>>36443210
Depends on the exercise nigga. You need to hold your breath on heavy squats and deadlifts to brace your core and stop from going to snap city.
>>
>>36443210
10 min cardio
>>
>>36443210
Exhale when contracting and inhale on the way back for most exercises.
>>
>>36442960
Also you might have iron deficiency if it feels like you are going to pass out.
>>
>>36443399
Alright!

>>36443438
Will try that and see if it makes a difference, thanks!
>>
>>36442960

>medfag

Probably vaso-vagal reaction. Google it. Your exertion and bearing down is causing activation of your vagus nerve leading to acute drop is blood pressure and dizziness. Best advice is to breath properly like:

>>36443096
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.