[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i just found out that liver and chicken hearts are cheap as fuuuuuuuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1432364074462-0.png (171 KB, 365x436) Image search: [Google]
1432364074462-0.png
171 KB, 365x436
i just found out that liver and chicken hearts are cheap as fuuuuuuuck and have a great calorie to protein rate.

any recipes you guys have here for those?

preferably recipes that dont up the calorie count immensely like deep frying or breading.
>>
You can't eat that stuff. Too much vitamin A. I tried to eat a kilo of liver once and my body just started rejecting it. The next day I felt bad.
>>
>>36442686
Well, that is true for liver, kidneys and things like that. I would say that eating that kind of food wont hurt unless you have it as a primary source of protein.

Heart, beef/pork tongue and lungs should be fine, they are pretty much like any other piece of meat.
>>
>>36442553
>>36442717
And now for a recipe for liver (beef prefered, mainly for size):
1. Cut liver in slices (2-3cm)
2. Season on both sides and sear in a medium-high heat, about 1-2min/side.
3. Put in preheated oven, around 150C until 60-61C internal temp.
4. During this time, use a food processor (or chop finely) a handful of parsily, a clove of garlic and any other herbs you like.
5. Mix with a bit of olive oil and breadcrumbs. Spread it out eavenly on a tray
6. When liver is at 60-61, take out of the oven, brush with mustard and roll in the herb mixture.
7. Put it back in the oven and let it reach 65C internal temperatur. Serve with rice or vegetables such as steamed carrots and peas. Fried onions are GOAT to this as well. If bulkibg, serve with some slices of thick cut bacon as well.
>>
>>36442717
i just tried the chicken hearts.

just salt pepper and in the pan untill done to see how they taste.

they taste like meat i guess, just a little more chewy

any idea on how to make them softer?
>>
>>36442974

> any idea on how to make them softer?

well firstly don't eat something that is literally exclusively muscle.
>>
>>36442974
Making a stew and letting it cook for a couple of hours will make most tough meats tender. Chuck in some carrots, potatoes or whatever and you have a decent, simple and easy to make meal prep for a few days.
>>
>>36442991
your right i should lard them, though chicken hearts are probably to small for that.

anyone tried slowcooking them ?
>>
>>36443005
I would try putting the hearts in and throwing in some BBQ sauce or something to give moisture and spice. Perhaps some olive oil?
>>
>>36442553
Anyone wanna help me on the calories and protein on chicken hearts ?

i am getting 185 calories and 26 broteins per 100 g.

is this shit true??? i mean jesus thats better then high quality steak.
>>
>>36442774
I had already put my chicken livers in the milk before reading this, do i just use them anyway, or should milk soaked livers be done differently?
>>
>>36443460
Thats even better, forgot to mention that in The post. That removes the bitterness and makes it taste better
>>
>>36443460
>>36443888
Also, when using chicken liver, dont slice em up. They are small enough as it is, just trim the sinews and tendons (not sure how to spell that, english is my second language).

You may also want to just fry, brush with mustard and coat with herbs and finish in the oven for a few minutes, they should cook through quite quickly (much smaller than beef liver).
>>
>>36443940
y they are pretty small.

if just want to try out the flavor and use salt, pepper only. how long do i fry them in the pan ?
>>
>>36443987
A minute or two per side should be enough. I would let the soak in the milk for a few hours, dry them off and then turn them around in a bowl with some flour, salt and pepper to coat all sides.
This gives them a better crust as I feel "pure" liver gets a boring sear.
>>
>>36444028
why does milk work anyway?

also i dont have flour : <
>>
File: D6r3MQk.png (2 MB, 1439x1668) Image search: [Google]
D6r3MQk.png
2 MB, 1439x1668
>>36442553
>>36442974
>>36442991
For chicken hearts, try the yakitori method - slather them in a sauce, continuing to baste them, while grilling (oven also works but grill is better). Skewer them for easy handling.
For about 20-30 chicken hearts, about 4-5 per skewer:
Sauce:
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp mirin (rice wine, can substitute with soju)

mix sauce together, marinate the chicken hearts for an hour or so, leaving the container open so the mixture can reduce slightly. Grill the chicken hearts over mid heat while basting them occasionally. Should take about 2-3 minutes total.
It's chewy, like red meat, and delicious. My gf loves them
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.