[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /fit/ how the fuck do I improve? I'm 5'8 140 lbs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: pic_related.jpg (437 KB, 1241x1884) Image search: [Google]
pic_related.jpg
437 KB, 1241x1884
sup /fit/
how the fuck do I improve?
I'm 5'8 140 lbs
started going to the gym since this january but I have 0 upper body strength. I'm alright at running though but my body looks like shit
what's the next step so I can break out of "look like shit" mode?
>>
>>36442526
Have you tried lifting weights?
>>
ppl really lift shit?
>>
>>36442550
what
>>
>>36442526
bump?
>>
help /fit/
>>
>>36442897
Read the sticky. Lift weights even if you can only manage an embarrassingly low amount. Improve your stats. Get stronger. Muscle helps burn the fat. Your fat isn't anywhere enough to merit not starting with weights.
(or)
Bullshit on the treadmill for 30 minutes. Maybe sign up for yoga classes. You won't become a shredded cunt this way.
>>
>>36442932
thanks a lot ! so should I just eat at maintenance?
>>
>>36442546
this
Go to the gym and eat some good food
>>
Ffs I post the same damn skinnyfat advice everyday:

Do a program like SS, add extra shit (dips, curls etc) once you've got the lifts right.

Eat at a caloric surplus of about 300 calories.

Don't focus on running.
>>
>>36442962
Depends on what your goals are. If you want to become incredibly fucking strong and fuck the world, then bulk. There's no reason for you to cut, as you have no muscles. So, eat at maintenance. You'll be at maintenance for awhile, until you hit roughly 12% bodyfat. Google what that looks like. When you hit that point, you can bulk.

And on a personal note, there's only so much you can do going to the gym 2 times a week. You can make progress for now doing that but there will come a day, maybe 4 months from now, where you'll start to really slow down progress. And you'll have to make a choice at that point, if you want to get more serious or if where you're at is enough.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.