[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the science compression gear, sleeves and warmers? If it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: meme.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
Whats the science compression gear, sleeves and warmers? If it even worth it if you're not injured or is it all meme?
>>
Helps to keep stable joints.
>>
Makes you look serious if you also lift heavy weights. If you don't lift heavy ass weight you look like a fucking moron.
>>
Immensely tested and proven and useful
>>
>>36441756

for what? Sources?
>>
your tendons, muscles and ligaments expand when they warm up, and contract when they cool down. without compression, they will tend to warm up and cool down repeatedly during your workout. applying force while they are cool will damage them. so its a good idea to keep everything warm, which is what compression does.
>>
>>36441685
i wear knee sleeves because my kneecaps are fucked and off center, keeps my knees from cracking and popping when i do squats.
>>
When is the ideal time to get knee sleeves, currently squatting 3pl8 for reps, should i wait until I'm stronger?
Should i get Rehband or SBD sleeves?
>>
>>36442902
get a decent pair, im using cheap tensor sleeves from safeway and two months of squatting has already made them split and frayed to shit.
>>
>>36441719

How heavy are ass weights?
>>
>>36444120
1/2/3/4 for reps
>>
>>36444208
>>36444120
thats bullshit. heavy ass weights are weights that you struggle to lift. if it helps you, then use it. im sure there are people who think 1/2/3/4 is light weight, so dont worry about any of that.
>>
>>36441719
>lifng is the only sport
>people don't wear compression gear while participating in normal exercise
>spending so much time on fit that you think lifting is the end all of exercise
Go outside more dude
>>
My knees love my SBDs, they feel better after squatting than before. Unless you're planning on competing in a PL/WL meet that requires specific brands for equipment there's probably no need to spend a fuck ton. Any neoprene sleeve will probably do.
>>
File: compression.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
compression.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
I want to use basket ball sleeves, am i pleb?
>>
>>36444226
This might sound like a stupid question but what is 1/2/3/4 mean? 1 plate ohp, 2 plate bench, 3 plate squat, and 4 plate diddly?
>>
File: gloves.jpg (7 KB, 177x284) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
7 KB, 177x284
>>36445959
while you're at it just wear ones with gloves and put on a nice dress

faggot
>>
>>36447253
Yes
>>
Ur retarded if you care about warming up your muscles. Shit makes zero difference. It makes you depend on equipment to lift heavier. Stupid.
>>
File: 1457632729680.jpg (191 KB, 1600x1584) Image search: [Google]
1457632729680.jpg
191 KB, 1600x1584
>>36447316
>>36447356
Can you try harder? Seriously put some effort into it. It's like you have no self-respect.
>>
>>36447430

It's kind of meme, just get your connective tissue to be bullet proof and you're golden.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.