[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>told to eat lentils and canellini beans on cut >look up
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: lentils.jpg (66 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
lentils.jpg
66 KB, 350x350
>told to eat lentils and canellini beans on cut
>look up nutritional info on them
>packed with fucking carbs

>carbs
>cut

I mean...am I missing something here?
>>
carbs r evil they will keep u from berning fat i swear m8
>>
>>36438934

Lentils have a lot of protein for a legume bean-thing
>>
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>36438934

Mom, have you been reading your magazines again?
>>
>>36438934
Yes you were told right
>you need carbs, don't fall for the keto meme
>low density carb source (you can eat more lentils than rice or oats for the same kcal)
>FULL of all kinds of nutrients and fiber
Name one real and serious reason not to eat legumes (regardless of bulk or cut)
>>
>>36438958
I read the sticky, m8.

>>36438984
I'm not keto. I've just been eating vegetables along with my protein and it's been working fine, but I wanted to switch it up a bit. I'm taking in way more carbs with lentils than i would with spinach, beets, and kale, so im just wondering how it could be worth it except for some more regular shits.
>>
>>36438934
The thing you're missing is FIBER. Lentils have tons of it.
You want to keep you NET carbs low when cutting, so say... a piece of white bread with 15g carbs and only 0.8g fiber is out, but a cup of lentils with 40g carbs has 16g fiber. Better ratio.
>>
>>36439285
This
>>
>>36439285
>>36439299

So more carbs while cutting is fine, as long as there is something to counteract it? Like fiber?
>>
>>36439339
Yes.
>>
>>36439339
Carbs are fine on a cut unless you're doing Keto or low carb honestly but yes there is such a thing as good carbs and bad carbs

Fiber doesn't counteract carbs though. But yeah it's best to have carbs that have fiber in it
>>
>>36439339
Fiber is counted as a carb, but it isn't metabolized like one. For example, if something is 20g of carbs and 15g of fiber, you're effectively getting 5g of carbs. The fiber will just be passed through and help you take good shits/promote a healthy gut.

It's easier to think of it as another macro nutrient entirely and make sure you get lots regardless of where your diet is at.
>>
>>36439339
Fiber is a carb dingus. We just cant break down fiber so it has no caloric value
>>
>>36438934

Carbs aren't bad per se unless you're specifically doing keto. (Which is NOT a meme, and anybody who says it is, is a huge faggot who doesn't understand what "meme" means.)

SUGAR is always bad, for everyone, no matter what you're doing.
>>
>>36440142
fruit is bad?
>>
>>36440142

>keto isn't a meme

dropped
>>
>>36438934
IQ points.
>>
Opinions on keto? I've been thinking strongly about it and I reckon it sounds good
no "hur dur its a meme" bullshit can i get real responses
>>
carbs are the devil m8, u ned to eat 100% protein m8 do you even want to keep your gains you kunt?
>>
>>36440142
>SUGAR is always bad
>keto
these are memes
>>
>>36439339
you want to eat low glycemic carbs on a cut

carbs high in fiber are usually low glycemic, low fiber high carbs is high glycemic

glycemic means how fast it raises your bloodsugar levels, you want slow sustained energy no spikes

fruit is usually high in fiber, grains, beans etc are too. Just avoid things with refined sugar
>>
>>36438934
Nobody in this thread is talking about how you want low GI carbohydrates.

High GI > burst of insulin > boosted fat storage. High GI is alright after workouts because insulin improves protein synthesis
>>
>>36439339

Yes they displace the carbs by transducting energy from them via infetterence.
>>
Black beans are crazy good on a cut. First and foremost, look at the calories. There like 280 calories for a whole fucking cup. Thats a big ass bowl of food for 280. I dont know about you but shit like this is saving my fat ass
>>
>>36442243
made black bean burgers last night

they do fill you up and aren't calorie dense which is good, but the protein count isn't great.
>>
>>36442858
protein is a meme you dip
>>
>>36442014

Keto is disgusting

If a diet is telling you to wrap bacon around cheese then run for the hills because something is very wrong
>>
>>36442888

goddamn everything is a fucking meme on this goddamn site
>>
>>36442154
High GI is bad because it's associated with foods that lack ample micronutrients, phytonutrient antioxidants and anti-glycation agents that prevent postprandial oxidative stress and AGE formation. Insulin has nothing to do with it nor does it "boost fat storage". In fact it partitions energy to lean tissues and upregulates futile cycling, the antithesis of "fat storage". Watermelon, pumpkin, purple potato, dates, and sweet potato aren't making anyone fat.
>>
OP /fit/ is right on this one. I'm actually slightly surprised because this is new to me. I've been eating legumes for ages and /fit/ has always ignored me, so I don't know why /fit/ has suddenly changed its tune
>>
>>36442979

Now you're getting it.
>>
>>36443024
can you link me some info on this, I would like to read involving this subject

thanks
>>
>>36443024
>dates
They aren't making people fat, but they can damn well help them along the way.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.