[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm sad /fit/. Been 2 Months on local gym. Started running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_2813.jpg (2 MB, 1936x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2813.jpg
2 MB, 1936x2592
I'm sad /fit/. Been 2 Months on local gym. Started running and lifting 3 times a week and i love it. I weight 194 lb at 170 cm. But i'm poor as fuck. I'm at final year in lawschool, i work 30 hours a week and all my money goes to my 5 year old daughter and expenses related to my studies. Because of this i can't eat properly. Can't afford almost any meat or decent vegetables. I can only eat bread, rice, peas, beans, some canned tuna, tomatoes, eggs, fruits like peaches and apples, milk, yogurth and cucumber. Can i make something decent out of this kind of diet?

Pic relate is me. a lot of bodyfat. Trying to cut. i'm slowly having results
>>
where do you live? chicken is really cheap almost everywhere in the world so idk why you saying you are too poor
>>
If you cut out the bread that diet is pretty decent as long as you aren't aiming at competitions or something.
>>
>>36438896

Your diet is okay. All that matters is a caloric deficit. Aim for -15%
>>
>>36438896
>I can't afford to spend less money on food by not stuffing my fucking face.
>>
>>36438896
>Can't afford to eat a lot
>Wants to cut weight
What is the problem? This is the ideal goal given your situation.
>>
>>36439105
-15% seems a tad extreme. 85% is a much more reasonable goal.
>>
Run more, eat less
>>
How much have you lost from your 2 months?
>>
>>36438896
run less and lift more. dead lifts, squats, military press and bench press should be the base of your routine

you dont need as much meat as these retards on here and bodybuilding.cum say. your foods listed are fine.

http://bayesianbodybuilding.com/the-myth-of-1glb-optimal-protein-intake-for-bodybuilders/

http://www.mikementzer.com/proteinparadox.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnI64N7Uhoc

also, my own experience. took powdered protein and 'clean' foods like chicken breast, rice and broccoli, stuck at 158 for about a year. started eating whatever i wanted and ditched protein supps and saw all my lifts and weight go up. gained about 30 lbs and cut 15 to be leaner than ive ever been. did the same thing this year, around 200lbs and havent even tried cutting, already leaning out. I eat whatever I want including beer. I do however kill it in the gym, anywhere from 1.5-2 hrs of lifting, 5-6 days a week. according to strstd.com i'm about 2 years ahead of where I should be, but thats prob because I really enjoy gym.

only supps you really need are creatine, and a pre workout that works for you (everyone responds differently so dont listen when someone tells you a pre is good or shit. try it for yourself.
>>
>>36441096
for fat loss, download podcasts and listen to the while you WALK to school/work/gym. get a fitbit to make sure you are walking enough. basically ditch your car. I was routinely walking between 7 and 12 miles a day and it was not at all hard after the first month or so. I wish I could still walk but I have other time constraints I didnt last year. Stair machine is another great cardio thing. its fucking hard and miserable but also effective. I would watch tv shows on my phone to pass the time.

but still I maintain that building muscle should be your main focus bc muscle is what burns the fat (aside from BMR, which cant really be changed). so do a little cardio before only as a warm up, spend the majority of your gym time lifting, and do some stairs after.
I really cant stress this enough. seriosuly take notice of the other people at your gym, the ones who show up consistently but only do cardio wont change, the ones who do cardio a lot but stop going, stop because nothing changes, the ones who lift and keep with it several months can have noticable changes on body comp, and strength. not ripped by a long shot, but enough to see that theyre doing it right.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.