[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 23 too late to start lifting? >binge drank throughout
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1426897183839.png (516 KB, 680x418) Image search: [Google]
1426897183839.png
516 KB, 680x418
Is 23 too late to start lifting?

>binge drank throughout college
>coming off of excess alcohol use
>smoked on and off
>feel like a tired old fuck

Is it too late for me to want to suddenly turn things around and become /fit/?
>>
>>36438548
23 is young enough to start liftan, go for it fag
>>
>>36438548
>hur dur dur dur im 2 old to start lifting

Go to the gym faggot. If my 53 year old dad can get back into lifting after almost dying due to a seizure caused by medication and the ensuing pancreatitis you can get your self loathing ass out of your house and away from your computer screen to go to the gym.

Fuck you dude you just made me fucking pissed.

I was about to go to the bar with my lads, BUT NO. NOW I HAVE TO GO FOR A JOG SINCE ALL THE GYMS ARE CLOSED ON BASE.

I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY FAGLORD
>>
>>36438548
The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
>>
>
I'm an alcoholi, and I've gotten gains even though this is my first month liftan, go for it brudda
>>
>>36438548
23 here there's so much time if you get dedicated. Assuming you're not 300+ we'll be getting mired all day at 25 and that's young enough to enjoy it. And if you are heavy one year can have you down 100 pounds plus some gains from there at 25.
>>
>>36438548
It's never too late.

You can always improve, no matter how old/fat/scrawny/whatever you are.

Do it faggot. Be a better you.
>>
File: you have failed.jpg (304 KB, 1672x556) Image search: [Google]
you have failed.jpg
304 KB, 1672x556
Just repeat this to yourself "I have failed". The remorse will give you testosterone, hunger, energy, persistence, drive, power, focus, results. You should abandon all your narcissism. I know it is hard to realise at first that you abused alcohol because of your high self-steem, "I will drink this, I am alright, I will party hahahah, I am the Y generation look at me hurr". Nothing of this would have happened if you were ashamed of yourself. Your probably that kind of loser who laughs at his own mistakes. Holy fucking shit, I drink daily myself, I have no problems with it, I even brew my own very cheaply. Just fucking call yourself a loser and feel bad about it.
>>
>>36438611
5'8" (or if you want to be specific 5'8.5") 152 lbs prince of all manlets.

Not sure if should cut or bulk...thinking cut to rid of the flab then clean bulk.
>>
File: meme bear1.jpg (78 KB, 519x517) Image search: [Google]
meme bear1.jpg
78 KB, 519x517
>>36438658
>5'8"
>prince of manlets

Naw dude

5'10"
>king of the manlets
5'9"
>Duke of the Manlets
5'8"
>Knight of the Manlets
5'7"
>Manlet Squire
5'6"
>Rank and file Manlets
5'5" and below
>Peasant / Serf Manlets

5'11"
>Courtesan of the Lanklets
>>
>>36438548
Yes, it is too late, but it's nothing to do with your age.

It's because you're a lazy, unmotivated faggot who is making excuses before he's even started, and is destined to fail as a result.

I was an Auschwitz-mode skelly and started lifting at 25. I'm now 29 and it was well worth it.

Think about this too - successful guys who look hot can get young women well into their 50s or even 60s. Women rarely, if ever, have that luxury.
>>
>>36438711
>getting women

kek i'm too fucking spergy for that, that's where alcohol became a comfort. drugs provided a nice pleasure but ultimately it fucked me up and made me weak, so it has to go.
>>
>>36438548
23 late? wtf faggot, you're still young. quit bitching and hit the gym
>>
what? no, never too late

i started at 23 too, right after coming out of a 2-year alcohol bender during which i was drunk every moment i was awake

if you start now, you won't feel like a tired old fuck anymore.

I BERIEV IN U OP
>>
]>>36438548

My Grandparents started going to the gym everyday and they are in their fucking 80s.

Get the gym there is no excuse.

Do what you can do, eat right and you will improve.

There are zero fucking excuses

C'mon
>>
>>36438590
/thread
>>
Just 1 month worth of exercise will make you much less like a tired old fuck.

Just go easy in the beginning to make your body adjust. You will feel sore and after a while feeling sore will feel good

You can't really lose if you choose to live more healthy
>>
>>36438655

Fucking this. I only got the drive to lift and eat right when my self-esteem was at it's complete lowest point. I had to completely hate everything I was and am in order to start doing something about it.

Self-hatred is the biggest motivation. Don't fight it. Every time I need a little kick in the ass, I look in the mirror.

The shame and total lack of self-worth motivates me to hit the gym.
>>
File: 1457212040809.png (108 KB, 697x275) Image search: [Google]
1457212040809.png
108 KB, 697x275
>>36438548
nigger I didn't start till I was 35
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.