[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guys my doctor told me I have tendinitis in my elbows and wants
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 1429657475275.jpg (399 KB, 2560x1707) Image search: [Google]
1429657475275.jpg
399 KB, 2560x1707
Guys my doctor told me I have tendinitis in my elbows and wants me to take a month off lifting, take some anti-inflamatory meds and set up a session with a PT. How can I not lose all my gains if I take a month off?
>>
>>36436897
https://glennpendlay.wordpress.com/2012/02/17/got-tendonitis/

This is basically black magic and depending on the length of aggravation will probably fix it. Your physician is treating your symptoms and not addressing the cause. The cause is basically unequal stress in the muscles attaching and stabilizing your elbow.

Worst comes to worst you're out 5 bucks. Go try it, you'll save yourself a ton of pain and $$.
>>
>>36436960
thx i'll look into that
>>
Provided you eat right, not too much carbs and enough protein, you won't lose as much mass or strength as you think, especially mass. Expect 10kg or so to drop off your maxes at most, and you'll look a bit flatter but you will gain it back quickly.
>>
>>36438171
this
I had a month of on a holiday and only lifted several times during.
After 3 weeks back I was the same size and even a little stronger than before
>>
>>36436897
thats retarded. They always say that but it doesnt go away. Start stretching more, take some ibuprofen and push through it. Ice it after.
>>
>>36436897
Take Naproxen.
>>
>>36436897
No time off. Stretch forearms and biceps, take naproxen and keep lifting. Do lots of squats now too
>>
Rippetoe made a video on this
>>
File: 1458210832693.jpg (134 KB, 778x342) Image search: [Google]
1458210832693.jpg
134 KB, 778x342
>>36436897
my doctor told me i have a disc bulge between L4 and L5 pinching off my nerve and making me unable to use my foot, and ALSO said I have a piece of disc cartilage that has broken off and is floating around my spine and may fuck me if I dont get surgery on it.

And i told that nigga to eat my ass and went to the gym and did heavy rows. NO GAINS LOST HERE SENPAI
>>
>>36436897
The corrective exercise the physio provides will get you better in the shortest amount of time and, hopefully, strengthen and prevent future injury. I would trust the doctors' opinions over guys on this board and follow their advice over losing some training adaptations.
>>
>>36436897
stuff yourself with protein.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.