[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sleep gains.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 220x321) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 220x321
Anyone here use melatonin? I started using it a few days ago but I don't really feel them working. Do I need to take it after a meal or just after I've eaten? How long before it works? How many tablets can I take a day?
>>
>>36433384
You're a dumb little shit
Melatonin isn't magic sleeping pills
It's the hormone responsible for keeping your rhythms as well as helping your body heal up while you sleep
Take ONE pill ONE hour BEFORE you want to go to bed
Don't fucking stare at your computer or phone in that hour
>>
>Do I need to take it after a meal or just after I've eaten? How long before it works? How many tablets can I take a day?

GOOGLE
O
O
G
L
E
>>
Normally takes about 30 mins to kick in... How much are you taking?

>How many tablets can I take a day
You're supposed to take it before going to sleep. As for "how many tablets" it depends on the dose, but melatonin doses vary massively, it's incredibly hard to OD on it. Doses from 500mg to as high as 50mg are regularly prescribed, even though the former is 100x smaller than the latter. I take 10mg and have had success for two years. I love it. Take it 30mins before you want to sleep.
>>
>>36433402
brah, you need some chillax gainz. Just chill.
>>
>>36433410
3mg.
>>
File: 71nhqo0fPvL._SY355_.jpg (15 KB, 179x355) Image search: [Google]
71nhqo0fPvL._SY355_.jpg
15 KB, 179x355
>>36433384
You aren't supposed to take it nightly. I take 5mg when I want 9 hours of solid sleep and have nothing to do tomorrow, about twice a month
A good form of magnesium before bed is GOAT however
>>
>>36433879
>A good form of magnesium
What does good form mean?

not english pls no bully
>>
>>36434307

Don't know. But I usually take 300mg a day. Usually before bed.
>>
>>36434307
Good type

A rifle is a good form of gun
>>
>>36433384
Melatonin supps can make you depressed if you use them too much. Good sleep is all about working out hard during the day, consistency and not bringing distractions to bed.
>>
has everyone in this thread forgot the directions are right on the fucking bottle?
>>
>>36434348
>Melatonin supps can make you depressed if you use them too much.
I found not so much depressed but still really sleeply the next day, particularly if you can't get to sleep for hours after taking them.

It's like for the whole morning you feel like you just woke up 2 mins ago.
>>
>>36433384
I use
biotin
vitamin d
zinc
I've used all kinds of supplements these are my favourites. As long as I lift/do cardio I can sleep alright otherwise I sleep like shit.
>>
>>36434574
I work graveyard shifts so melatonin is a miracle pill for me. If I'm feeling sick and I really need sleep gains bad, melatonin + benedryl is a good combo.
>>
>>36433384
I take 4 5mg tabs and can barely get to sleep these days.
>>
when i first began taking it i felt it right away, was great

and the following morning i would be able to "feel" that i had taken it, like a very slight headache for ~30 minutes

now i dont seem to notice any benefits from taking it, presumably my body just got used to it

if i go a few days without it though my sleep gets fucked
>>
>>36434307
>>36434334
>>36434347
I meant a bioavailable form. Magnesiun Oxide is useless but pretty much anything else is fine
>>
>>36433384
It works to use very briefly but otherwise wears off really quickly and then combined with falling asleep late anyway actually makes me feel worse the next day.

Another problem is sometimes I would wake up much too early and not be able to get back to sleep again. Overall too unreliable.
>>
>>36434611
i also take magnesium before bed, i think it helps

used to take zinc too, gives me crazy vivid dreams but dont think it actually improves sleep so i stopped taking it
>>
>>36434608
>I take 4 5mg tabs and can barely get to sleep these days.
I once read you are only supposed to take a tiny bit otherwise you get used to it too quick and the effectiveness isn't much better anyway. Like 0.3mg or something like that (cant remember exactly)
>>
Take Vitamin C about 5 hours before bed, then melatonin 1 hour before bed. Also, if you're not supplementing magnesium you have no idea what you're doing. That stuff is about the healthiest shit you can do easily
>>
>>36434380
>no one replies
>>
my husband tried taking melatonin to help with his sleep. sleeping next to him made it very obvious to me that he had sleep apnea. but he tried melatonin and he had a bunch of nightmares. on two occasions he woke up screaming bloody murder.

i know that's not everyone's experience, but kind of freaked me out.
>>
go with magnesium and also eliminate blue light if you're the type of faggot who spends two hours before bed browsing this hellhole.

f.lux, twilight, etc
>>
>>36435116
Sometimes i get some trippy ass dreams on melatonin. Not always scary, just weird as fuck
>>
>>36435116

Damn the same thing happened to my wifes son
>>
30-60 minutes before going to bed, it's not a sedative, but makes falling asleep easier, if you don't have severe sleeping problems

be prepared to wake up after 2 hours or so though
>>
>>36435171
This. Magnesium tends to help me sleep.
>>
>>36435116

Yeah I had a nightmare the thing from the Thing was in my bedroom.

I also took magnesium and zinc.
>>
>>36435414
>my wifes son
Kek

Always make sure that line is drawn, anon.
>>
>>36436060
It's a meme from /sp/
>>
Doesn't always give the me the nicest sleep and also makes me dream a lot more often than if I don't take it.
>>
i use it, but my tolerance keeps going up. it's not really a sleeping pill, so...

anyway, recently incorporated benadryl and it seems to be working pretty well.
>>
>>36437053

How long have you been using it?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.