[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who else here does dinosaur style training? basically the three
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: dinosaur-training.jpg (40 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
dinosaur-training.jpg
40 KB, 500x332
who else here does dinosaur style training? basically the three powerlifts, partial variations (rack pulls, bottom rack squat/bench, quarter squats, press lockouts), dumbell overhead work and lots of grip stuff. old style rep schemes like 5x5 and 5/4/3/2/1 are used alot.
>>
Why not just train to get strong, why do you feel the need to subscribe to a specific methodology
>>
>>36433105
cause it is a way to get strong
>>
>>36432904

I liked the book and it influenced my training. I get a lot out of overhead work, power cleans, and the occasional zercher squat.
>>
>>36432904
>who else here does dinosaur style training?
No but I used to do heavy iron xtreme strongman style training now I've switched to monster laser ninja style though
>>
>>36432904
Is his beginners program?

Three times per week:
Power snatch 3х6
Clean 3х6
Overhead press 3х6-8
Squat 3х8
Deadlift 3х8
Leg raises 2х20-30

Is it good?
>>
>>36434448
separate the squat and/or deadlift in a diffrent day then its better
>>
What about your pulling? You got two push and no pull.
>>
>>36434657
>deadlift
>rack pull
>chinups
also grip work exercises (i.e.) farmers walk can be considered a pull
>>
I'm doing breathing squats monday and friday with 5x3 front squats on Wednesday.
Bench 5x3 and 3 sets of weighted chin ups Monday
Behind the neck push press 5x5 and deadlifts 2x6 Wednesday
ohp 15 x 1 and weighted chin ups friday.
Doing forearm shit every day and ohp lock outs Friday.
This is the most fun I have ever had on a program
>>
>>36434745
agreed. dino training is the most fun way to lift
>>
>>36434780
I was doing texas method after Candito Linerar. I don't like overplanning. I might try daily maxing at some stage but I will probably stick to Dinosaur training for the foreseeable future.
Breathing squats are killing me but I decided to finish a 6 week cycle before moving on.
Sandbag work is ridiculously fun. A 40kg in each hand farmers walk with dumbbells is simple but I can barely hold a 40kg sandbag for ten seconds in one arm. Deadlift max is 180 mixed grip no chalk so I don't have awful grip either
>>
>>36434856
one thing i'm doing for my training is loosely planning 2 week blocks, that way training doesnt get stagnant by doing the same week over and over again. for example instead of squatting every monday i do bottom rack squats and lockouts on one week then normal squats the next week. also switching between deadlifts and pwer cleans every friday

i dont have access to sandbags - do u have any recommendations on alternatives?
>>
No, I don't follow druggy training paradigms. His book is trash.

>benching 400lb+
>natural

pick one, faggotrons
>>
>>36434918
>being this butthurt
just cause you hit a plateau at 2pl8 doesnt mean u have to be a dick
>>
>>36434716
Deadlifts and rack pulls aren't pulls in the context of antagonistic push/pull muscles, and even if you had a high volume of pullups it can't replace a horizontal pull. This is why people shouldn't make their own routines; they rarely know what they're doing, and you're gonna end up injured.
>>
>>36434889
>i dont have access to sandbags - do u have any recommendations on alternatives?
I'm using 40kg bags of coal that I have anyway. You could justbuy a big bag of sand
>>
>>36435418
>This is why people shouldn't make their own routines; they rarely know what they're doing, and you're gonna end up injured.
I have to disagree with this. Sure its important to balance pushing and pulling and that guy should rectify his program but there is nothing wrong with doing a self designed program expecially if you have read a few books on strength training
>>
>>36434889
>i do bottom rack squats and lockouts
I really should start doing these. pause squats are a pet lift of mine and I never find the time for other variations apart from front squats
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.