[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything bad about getting my carbs from instant ramen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: yS6L6qL.jpg (3 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
yS6L6qL.jpg
3 MB, 3840x2160
Is there anything bad about getting my carbs from instant ramen noodles? I'm still eating my veggies and protein. I otherwise would be eating white rice instead anyway
>>
Shit source of carbs. Get your complex carbs from whore grain pasta or brown rice.
>>
Dat dere sodium
>>
>>36432856
instant ramen has a lot sodium,but you should be fine if you dont overdo it and drink a lot water
>>
A shitton of sodium and the cheapest additives in existence. Buy brown rice as anon said
>>
>>36432856
It's not great. Rice and oats are probably the cheapest alternatives.
If you live somewhere they're cheap, you can also get stuff like lentils, quinoa and bulgur.
>>
>>36432971
>>36432942
>>36432900
>>36432895
>>36432878

I need that sodium for that flavor. I'm already eating boiled broccoli and hard boiled eggs. Eating it with rice is overkill of no flavor
>>
>>36432985

Some of the people you were replying to aren't even talking about sodium, but the fact that ramen is simple carbs compared to complex.

Bad source of carbs, flavoring/salt or not.
>>
>>36432985
Put pepper and everything. Dip in soy sauce if necessary. There are no-calorie options for flavor.
>>
Ramen is heavily processed starch (fast-digesting, bad for blood sugar) with little antioxidants or fiber, mixed with palm oil which adds a lot of saturated fat to it, served in a salty brine. No hyperbole, it's one of the worst foods you can eat.
>>
>>36432985
Vinegar, lemon and spices.

Are you even trying?
>>
Why do people still think that sodium is bad for you?
>>
Monosodium Glutamate
>>
It's fucking shit and you should feel bad for eating it.
>>
Cheaper to just buy a 10kg bag of rice, anon. Add soy sauce and sriacha for taste
>>
>>36436221

Maybe they're scientifically literate or atleast accept that everybody in the world agrees that excessive sodium consumption is a bad thing, and don't just google "salt isn't bad for you" and gobble up all the bullshit that makes them feel good about the shitty things they eat
>>
>>36432985

dude, salt

also buy MSG

also eat oats, better source of carbs than rice and just as cheap
>>
>>36436252
Nothing wrong with MSG.
Go away, chinese restaurant-syndrome fucktard.
>>
Buy some chicken or veggie stock powder and make your own broth and just use the instant noodles not that hard guys
>>
>>36432878
Anything wrong in getting them from white rice?
>>
>>36436981

MSG is actually a great enhancer for food -- I cook with it sometimes, especially when making asian food or if I want to increase my water intake (makes ya thirsty!).

If you aren't allergic to it, no reason to not add it to foods sometimes.
>>
>>36436203
Pretty much this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.