[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Oh you're just holding extra water weight from so and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: clean_water_in_glass[1].jpg (1 MB, 1697x1131) Image search: [Google]
clean_water_in_glass[1].jpg
1 MB, 1697x1131
>Oh you're just holding extra water weight from so and so
>Make sure to drink more water to help shed that extra water weight

How the fuck does this even make sense?
>>
If your body has a plentiful source of water it won't retain as much water in case shit hits the fan and you're in a drought.
>>
>>36432591
Sweat more and cut down on sodium.
Reading that made me thirsty.
>>
>>36432591
GOTTA DRINK BIG TO PISS BIG C'MON
>>
>>36432634
C'MON LEAVE WATER BEHIND
>>
Your body has hormones that regulate all of that shit. The more you drink, the less water weight you'll hold because you're constantly shedding water. This is why when fighters are weight cutting they'll drink like 2 gallons for 2 days and then taper down their intake.
>>
>>36432618
Is this where the starvation for food meme comes from? It actually does work with water, but not food right senpai?
>>
Maybe because drinking water makes you piss, you fucking moron.
>>
>>36432643
RIGHT, BABE?
>>
>>36432654
The starvation meme is just housewife bullshit. But really it comes from extreme cases of starvation where your body will Canabalize muscle instead of fat, before eventually eating all of its fat and muscle stores.
>>
>>36432591

Same principle as brining a piece of meat. The more salt in the cells, the more water those cells can hold onto, until enough water is in the system to flush out some of the salt.
>>
>>36432591
It has to do with the way your body regulates water retention. If you increase you water intake and decrease your salt intake you won't be able to hold water, your body will then urinate more to get rid of all the extra water and as a result flush out even more electrolytes, if you then cut your water intake drastically your body will continue to urinate large amounts of water since there are not enough electrolytes to retain it as well as the kidneys not getting the signal to stop fast enough. On top of this if you then sauna to sweat out even more water you can drop a significant portion of bodyweight in a span of about a week, however you will possibly be dangerously dehydrated.
>>
>>36432727
I run into this problem with keto myself. I can't hold water for shit and it ends up causing acute Urethritis, shit burns brehs.
>>
EIGHT GLASSES EIGHT TIMES A DAY CMON
>>
>>36432727
>dangerously dehydrated

Naw. Not dangerously. Dangerously is three days no water. You just end up feeling like shit. When I cut 7lbs water weight at my last meet I had dreams where I couldn't open my poweraid bottles after weigh in.
>>
File: 1447076301140.jpg (59 KB, 609x607) Image search: [Google]
1447076301140.jpg
59 KB, 609x607
>>36432643
>>
This works with food too. You can eat 10k calories 7days in a row which should make you gain close to 20 pounds, but youre not even going to gain 2. You just shit it out.
>>
>>36432851
cut from 170-155 for a fight. I too know this suffering.
>>
>>36432936
B-but I'm an athelete
>>
>>36432851

what weight class? 7 pounds shouldnt be tough for powerlifters
>>
>>36432990
Have you ever done a watercut?
>>
>>36432936
>tfw on a water cut
>third day no water breehhhhhs
YOU GOTTA NOT DRINK WATER TO GET BIG
>>
>>36432591

Are you a boxer/wrestler trying to hit a certain weight for competition?

Or are you a fatty trying to lose weight?

If the latter, then it doesn't matter. Your weight is going to fluctuate some. What matters is the trend from week to week, NOT from day to day.
>>
>>36433004

No i have my own method of dropping 10 pounds
>>
>>36433087
>No i have my own method of dropping 10 pounds
7 pounds is pretty much water to cut
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.