[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are kettlebells a crossfit meme, or are there gains to be had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: kettlebell1.jpg (205 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
kettlebell1.jpg
205 KB, 1200x800
Are kettlebells a crossfit meme, or are there gains to be had in them there kettlebells?
>>
>>36428945
Bad for lifting.

Good for cardio.

Swings teach you to sit back on your heels, which makes you unathletic.

Dumbbell or barbell complexes are preferable.

Explosive lifts like snatches are encouraged
>>
File: NUP_157055_0176-450x300.jpg (21 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
NUP_157055_0176-450x300.jpg
21 KB, 450x300
Yea kettle bells are great, really good for developing functional strength. I also recommend taking alpha brain and shroom tech.
>>
>>36429002

Thanks anon, the answer I was looking for.

>>36429019

Joe Rogan plz go
>>
Bull fucking shit. This costs 10 buck and can load 250+ if you find the right kind of plates. Imagine what you would be capable of if you could swing 250x50 with legit form.

http://www.davedraper.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php?n=PmWiki.T-Handle
>>
>>36429002

>Swings teach you to sit back on your heels, which makes you unathletic.

Are you trying to be a fucking retard?
>>
>>36429434
>doing 250lb kettlebell swings

Jesus christ
>>
>>36429449
Your mother wasn't home. Had to improvise.
>>
>>36429434
How would that be better than barbell snatching 200kg and heavy deadlifts?
>>
>>36429442
No, I heard it on the joe rogan podcast from a kickboxing trainer.. He says he does compounds only and no kettlebell work because mid foot balance is paramount.
>>
>>36428945
Kettle bells were phased out by dumbbells along time ago. Kind of like how typewriters were phased out by keyboards. So just use dumbbells
>>
>>36429513

The fact that you even thought to compare it to a 200 kg snatch kind of accentuates my point. People are way overly polarized when it comes to lifting which causes them to dismiss excellent movements just because they don't involve fucking barbells when in reality they can be progressively overloaded just as effectively and yield the same level of practical benefit to a recreational lifter who just wants to be fitter and stronger. This is a general fitness board. Think outside of the box.
>>
>>36429604
No, I was implying snatch is a better exercise and allows for more weight to be moved.

Clarence > crosshit
>>
>>36429593

Already got dumbbells, so no problems there. What about the swings and turkish getup? Can I do these as supplements or accessories on off days? Since its been stated they're more for endurance?
>>
>>36429522

Look up Ross Enamait. He's a former boxer, current boxing coach, deadlifts 585, and does shitloads of swings.

Besides even if that was true, since when is what is ideal for kickboxing the end all be all?
>>
>>36429617

Nobody said anything about Crossfit. There you go again with your fucktard meathead hive mind logic. And the full snatch is so hilariously impractical for anyone who isn't actually trying to compete in weightlifting. Whether or not a movement allows for "more weight to be moved" is irrelevant; what actually matters is whether or not is can be PROGRESSIVELY OVERLOADED through a sufficient range of motion. Can you just shut up and go somewhere else now?
>>
>>36429617
It also requires a ridiculous amount of skill work before it becomes useful. For any athlete who isnt competing in oly lifting it's a huge waste of training time when another, much simpler exercise can be used for the same training effect.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.