[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has anyone here ever studied a martial art? whats the strongest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: wingchung.webm (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
wingchung.webm
2 MB, 480x360
has anyone here ever studied a martial art? whats the strongest martial art to study?

my friend trained akido and wingchung, and he told me he fought 2 bodybuilders and knocked them out
>>
File: NewfagBlet.jpg (93 KB, 498x416) Image search: [Google]
NewfagBlet.jpg
93 KB, 498x416
>>36428542
>he told me he fought 2 bodybuilders and knocked them out
>he told me
>he
>>
Yes bodybuilding actually makes you worse at fighting
>>
>>36428542
sauce on that webm please
>>
>>36428542
Wow. A video of the ancient art of Autism Kai.
>>
>>36428599
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rfMajEy8lc

Prepare to witness the greatest fighting style ever created by man.
>>
>>36428542
> strongest martial art

Jesus Christ
>>
>>36428618

Thank you based anon
>>
>>36428542
Parkour / tricking

I've yet find an opponent I couldn't run away from. I ran away from like 4 niggers the other day, and all they could do was lamely call after me "yeah, faggot keep running"
>>
>>36428542
Head to /asp/ they love this shit.

Do boxing, kick boxing or muay thai. That kung-fu shit works great in competitions but for straight brutality to stand a chance in street fights, do something else.
>>
If 27 too old to get into a martial arts?

I feel like it is.
>>
I watched the Ip Man movie when I was a teen and then fell in love with martial arts. I found a wingchun school and trained there for a few months, then I trained at a bjj gym simultaneously while training wingchun. I was a huge traditional martial arts enthusiast, but I was slowly in the back of my mind realizing that wingchun and other forms of kungfu nowadays are total shit. I was in denial about it, and I wanted to believe kungfu was the shit, but you're average Joe training bjj for 6 months could easily task out our "sifu".

After training wingchun for a year and a half, I quit and did bjj and submission wrestling full time. Eventually I took up muay Thai as well. I trained krav maga a tiny bit. It was good basic self defense, but not much more. I also trained judo and sambo a tiny bit.
I started a grappling and martial arts club at my university last semester and we train in bjj, folk and freestyle wrestling, muay Thai and boxing, with a little judo. We travel go Tennessee in two weeks for our first competition against UT.

Anyways, if you want to learn how to fight really well, take some form of submission grappling and Muay Thai kickboxing. There training is much more intense and practical, and it will get you for as fuck

Tell your friend I fought 30 strongmen with knives at the same time, and I choked them all out.
Do you see how believable that is lmao
>>
>>36428686
You're not going to compete so it doesn't matter
>>
Martial Arts is less of studying them and more of a lesson in physics.
Master physics, and you will understand how to move a mass in a better way. It's all about momentum kid.

Secondly, read fighting manuals. That shit has been recorded and passed down for many years. See what works, what doesn't.

After you have physics down, study the body, and experiment. Which movements bring a faster velocity and force? What should you do if an opponent attacks you in the same way?

As with every art, it must come with patience.
>>
>>36428712
Wish I had that fedora picture saved on my phone
>>
>>36428700
True.
>>
>>36428724
>>36428712

Oh, shit
I do
>>
does anyone else here think these "martial arts" are just silly?

they look silly, and the fat fedora nerds who practice them are sillier

this is pure cringe stuff
>>
>>36428733
>>36428724

I would be insulted had I not remembered that I actually gave some pretty fucking good advice.

You basically confirmed your status as a dipshit.
>>
>>36428661
oh you poor boy.
>>
>>36428765
You're silly.
Fighting is an art. Not to say that all martial arts are good, but many militant groups employ tactics from them.
From Greco-Roman wrestling to Boxing weaponizing your body is something to be proud of.
>>
>>36428712
No.
Learn from a teacher.
Books are shit. Grabbling + judo + MT master race
>>
>>36428712
>See what works, what doesn't

lmao

Experimenting is the slowest possible way to learn and gain proficiency. It's fine if it's your job and hobby but the slow progress will only lead to frustration to someone that just wants to get decent.

>>36428542
Just do some competitive sports martial art for kicks like karate, boxing, judo or even MMA if you wanna pretend to be hardcore. Sparring and working your way up to ammy standards will give you a metric to measure your progress by. Stick to sports level stuff and avoid anything trying to sell you self defense or "practical" fighting because fighting anyone outside of a controlled environment is one of the least practical insane things a person can do. >>36428661 has the right idea.
>>
>>36428765
Yeah, martial arts are silly if there isn't a major competitive aspect to it. Boxing, forms of kick-boxing, Judo, Jiu-jitsu, wrestling and some forms of karate are legit for fighting. Any other -jitsu, china martial arts, and other spiritual sided martials arts are useless along with Systema and Krav Maga in most cases
>>
>>36428765
oh shit, you better go tell all the UFC roster this! groundbreaking stuff, really. they're totally wasting time learning that silly stuff
>>
>>36428542
This one looks pretty solid to me
>>
>>36428712
thats the most retarded shit ive ever read. by that logic steven hawkings would be the best fighter in the world. fighting is learned through repetition, and its heavily reliant on reaction. you dont have a whole lot of time to think in a fight.

also i only took physics in 12 grade and i know for a fact that you don't understand what momentum, velocity, and force means
>>
>>36428834
Experimentation is slow but it gives the most rewarding experience.

>>36428876
Nigger do you know what the integral of force is? I don't think so. By the way, it is about momentum as a large difference in momentum creates a larger Impact force, retard.

But just to please you, here you go:
velocity - the rate at which displacement changes over time
momentum - the change in the inertia to velocity over time.
force - the change in inertia to acceleration over time

While you don't have time to think in a fight one should know how the world works on a mechanical level and use that to their advantage. Changing momentum is all fighting is: collisions.
>>
>>36428542
Really digging the arches.
>>
>>36428964
This is truly quality bait.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.