[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this look infected?. A dolly I was pushing 2 weeks ago slipped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 20160317_184016.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160317_184016.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
Does this look infected?. A dolly I was pushing 2 weeks ago slipped and crashed into my shin. A couple days ago i started peeling the scab.
>>
>>36426882
No, but just apply polysporin to it just in case
>>
>>36426895
>polysporin
This, you can never be too careful, and cover it with a bandage.
>>
Looks like tetanus OP
>>
>>36426882
Yes that looks infected. Peel off the scab while you soften it with water so it doesn't rip off your flesh. Apply disinfectant and bandage afterwards. It is important to see what it looks like beneath.
>inb4 sterile
A wound caused by a trauma does not have to be treated sterile.
>>
>>36426882
>A dolly I was pushing 2 weeks ago slipped and crashed into my shin.
Was that the next part of your master plan?
>>
File: 1438219596651.gif (483 KB, 250x167) Image search: [Google]
1438219596651.gif
483 KB, 250x167
why would you post that
>>
>>36426882
Is the wound on your shinbone?
>>
And this is why universal health care is a good thing.

When I have a weird-looking wound on my leg, I go to the fucking doctor and get prescribed antibiotics. I don't post on some shitty Russian knitting forum.
>>
>>36426882
Its fine
>>
>>36426882
Looks like a small amount of cellulitis around the wound, the tissue on top of the wound "scab" looks to be necrotic >>36427008
Is correct in the need to debride the surface to allow the wound to heal appropriately, sterility is not necessary, as they stated.
Just try to keep it clean and covered.
>>
>>36427008
>>36427221

???

removing a scab is not indicated at any point for a tiny fucking wound like this.

the scab does NOT look necrotic, if you've seen a necrotic scab you'd know that is pussy in comparison

stop fucking around with the scab and irritating the wound.

the cunts being like "oh it looks like cellulitis" it looks more like hes ripped about 1/3rd of the scab off and traumaed the wound T B H.

if it is infected it's minor as fuck and inconsequential as fuck, the body will handle the infection itself unless you're somehow on fucking anti immune drugs/diabetic/somehow got MRSA (no it doesn't look like you have MRSA before you ask).

in short: STOP TOUCHING THE FUCKING WOUND YOU CUNT, STOP PICKING IT.

monitor pain, swelling, local temperature @ wound (by touch), your own temperature, monitor excessive fluid leakage, monitor your own cognizance.

if any of the above worsen (unlikely) contact a GP.
>>
>>36427400
>inconsequential as fuck
What is erysipelas
You don't know what it looks like under that scab. There is nothing wrong with removing the scab, after softening it and then applying bandages.
>>
>>36427436

it is a fucking minor scrape cunt

what are you expecting? the wound to be fucking 6 inches cavernous under that little scab?

you expected some gas forming bacteria to be colonising that thing? should we get OP to palpate his leg and watch if any bubbles come out the wound?

look at his leg, look at it.

do you see massive amounts of inflammation & fluid?

have you seen an infected wound before?

fuck man just leave it alone, there is no justification to trauma the wound any further other than out of morbid curiosity.

if you presented to a doctor with that he'd tell you to fuck off for a week or so and come back if it doesn't get better and we'll swab it.
>>
>>36427463
>morbid curiosity.
Why do you think we're here?
>>
>>36427474

personally im here for the thinly veiled homo threads.
>>
>>36427189
>I don't post on some shitty Russian knitting forum.

Keked
>>
its just healing. dont peel off the scab
>>
File: vIJ8qkE.gif (457 KB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
vIJ8qkE.gif
457 KB, 390x293
>2 weeks

Anything that still looks like that after 2 weeks yu should see a doctor.

If you are in the US without healthcare or are afraid of paying out the ass for something you may think is insignificant, hers what to do:

>clean wound with hydrogen peroxide
>disinfect surrounding area with alcohol wipes
>apply polysporin to the wound and around the wound
>place a clean bandage over the wound
Repeat this every day or other day for another week.

If it still has not healed after another week, go see a doctor immediately or risk losing your leg.
>>
>>36427578

>clean wound with hydrogen peroxide
>disinfect surrounding area with alcohol wipes
>apply polysporin to the wound and around the wound
>place a clean bandage over the wound

jesus christ don't do fucking any of this, holy shit.

> hydrogen peroxide

do NOT fucking put peroxide on your cuts.

if someone in 2016 is advising you to irrigate a wound w/ peroxide you should immediately discard 100% of what they're saying as they clearly have no fucking idea.
>>
>>36427400
I've seen necrotic scabs the fact that there is dead, ie; necrotic tissue in the scab makes it necrotic. Doesn't need to be huge or deep to be necrotic.
The only reasons for my suggestion of removal of the scab is to remove the dead tissue which can if left untreated result in poor wound healing, or in worst case development of infection.

Upon secondary inspection you are correct in my inappropriate suggestion of cellulitis, you are correct in it appearing to just be due to irritation of the surrounding tissues.

Then again we are on a hymalaian salt trading board.
So you might need to amputate
>>
>>36426882
>A dolly I was pushing

If you were pushing that at work, get your employer to pay your medical bill.
>>
>>36427715
>medical bill
What kind of pussy goes to the hospital for this?
>>
>>36427189
That's actually exactly why universal health care is a bad thing; little pussies like you going to the doctor when they scrape their legs with a diddly and asking for antibiotics to top it off, thereby needlessly driving up cost for everyone because "lol it's free" and adding to the problem of antibiotics resistance.
>>
>>36426882
why are americans such pussys? I mean I live in a first world country too that dosent explain why americans are such crybabies. Join the army and learn to suffer without crying you fat failure.
>>
>>36428030
Someone who doesn't want the get his sorry ass infected.
>>
File: used and abused.jpg (61 KB, 528x960) Image search: [Google]
used and abused.jpg
61 KB, 528x960
>>36426882
I pretty fucked up a while ago. I actually got it infected because I couldn't stop fucking sweating during summer

pleae OP, do the following
>wipe the dry scab with 70% or above ispropul alcohol
>then rub the wound with iodine
>after showers, apply Neosporin
>only put on bandages when you're rolling in fuckin dirt or do something that will get shit in your wound

take care of your fuckin self, OP, love ya
>>
>>36430388
Americans are beyond retarded.
>not having a working medical system
>I HAVE A AUTSCHI BETTER SHOW IT TO THE DOC IM GONNA DIE OR LOSE MY LEG xDDD LE LEG LOL
>>
>>36427463
You're on /fat/, they get their medical knowledge from House and wikipedia. Just ignore them.
>>
>>36430402
Yeah, Murricans are huge pussies. It's like they're kept in sterile bubbles until they're 15 and then get afraid of the outside world.
>>
>>36430388
Just buy an antibiotic ointment you mong.
Nobody goes to the hospital for a minor scrape
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.