[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ive wore these green superfeet in my shoes since I was 11 or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: superfeeet.jpg (395 KB, 965x1500) Image search: [Google]
superfeeet.jpg
395 KB, 965x1500
Ive wore these green superfeet in my shoes since I was 11 or so, they arent the most comfortable things and they are expensive. 50 bucks or so and they wear out rather fast. How do I know if I need them or not anymore? Originally they were for flat feet. I feel like i cant go anywhere that special interests wont tell me i need something just because it helps their net pay. What do I do?
>>
>>36425559
take them out of your shoe, and walk around
>>
File: 1444932124325.jpg (14 KB, 294x273) Image search: [Google]
1444932124325.jpg
14 KB, 294x273
>>36425568
first post best post.
>>
Walk around barefoot more. Your arches will get stronger naturally
>>
>>36425568
>>36425588
Problem is, im afraid to. Ive had them in forever, i am afraid taking them out could or will cause me problem with me knees
>>
>>36425843
Yes walking even 5 feet without them will cause your body to topple like a jenga tower built by michael j fox you god damn imbecile.
>>
>>36426135
Can you explain what you mean then?
>>
>>36426257
Taking them out and walking around fora day, won't effect your knees at all.
>>
>>36426407
What about long periods of time, will my feet cave in again and cause problems?
>>
File: Snapchat-4498494162093299281.jpg (376 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4498494162093299281.jpg
376 KB, 720x1280
Here is my feet, you can see how they go in, these are the shoes with no superfeet inserts
>>
OP here. The reason im worried is because my job requires me to stand on my feet all day and with the super feet, they arent exactly the softest most comfortable thing in the world. I am just wondering if I should just wear them to be safe, or if maybe I dont even need them anymore.
>>
Superfeet aren't really designed to provide you with an arch support, they attempt to control your foot by tightly controlling your heel bone. Greens are definitely designed for stiff footwear as they do not permit very natural foot movement through the gait cycle (natural pronation/supination as you walk). Try going down to a blue / carbon for stiff shoes or a berry/orange for trainers, and see how you get on. I think they only really have a place in rigid walking boots and ski boots, but some runners swear by them. If you are worried about your arches collapsing, constantly relieving pressure from your plantar fascia is definitely not the way to go. See a podiatrist and get a proper recommendation and a proper orthotic made to correct your issue preferrably though.
>>
>>36426648
Thank you, yeah I have worn green ones in all shoes since I was 11. I do have patellar tendinosis in my left knee though that has gotten slightly better, but I am just so nervous as to risk it. I wear them in extremely loose mesh running shoes and tight work boots with heavy leather. I am just trying to see if its apropriate to continue wearing them. They are rather expensive
>>
>>36426648
>>36426865
bump
>>
>>36427040
TRY IT OUT YOURSELF WE CAN'T HELP YOU
>>
>>36427097
can you explain why someone wears inserts in the first place? What does it do? Does it prevent injury? I wear them when I lift too
>>
>>36426648
>Superfeet aren't really designed to provide you with an arch support, they attempt to control your foot by tightly controlling your heel bone.

Wait a second.

So youre saying that super feet basically stop mobility at the ankle? Like, it is a domino effect right, if your heel cant move like it should, then maybe your ankle wont and up the line something will have to give and that could be your knees right? Could it be that wearing these overtime has been the number 1 cause of my patellar tendinosis all along? Please get back to me on this
>>
>>36427241
Or do i got it completely wrong?
>>
>>36427241
bump
>>
Walk barefoot as much as possible. Your body will take care of it's self. It's very likely that your insoles are causing problems up the chain as well.
>>
>>36427600
You think so? The green super feet might be causing some issues up my knees and shit? Holy crap you might be right...
>>
Awfully young to have started wearing orthos/foot inserts. However, some have to -- I did young. They were called weird names back in the day. Stopped within a year or so.
Presently, my world reknowned foot surgeon has me wearing Superfeet. Mainly orange - they do the job. They are expensive.
Buy them online. Several fitness or athletic supply companies sell them below retail market.
>>
>>36427705
Your surgeon guy thinks super feet arre like the best thing for knee and foot health then?
>>
OP here. If I have knees that externally extend quite noticably and in the past my therapist told me that might be a cause for knee issues. Wouldnt inserts like super feet hurt that or maybe cause it? Since they lift the arch up, is it possible it is lifting the arch up too much an pushing my foot upright and in turn my knee slightly aswell? Can anyone get back to me on this?
>>
>>36426865
There are denser/ harder material versions of this pre fabricated foot orthotics brah. I make this stuff for a living just get a harder pair they last a lot longer
>>
>>36428136
So you recommend them?
>>
>>36428136
Go to an orthotist brah they will do a gait test ( how you limp when you walk) an they will prescribe an apropiate orthotic device to correct any problems, albeit foot inserts, calipers night braces or depth shoes. The foot inserts you are hearing are more than likely not doing much if any damage.Podiatrists don't not much besides treating nail problems and ulcers. Go to a qualified orthotist and get them to check you out brah
>>
>>36428191
>The foot inserts you are hearing are more than likely not doing much if any damage.

Can you re word that a bit by chance?
>>
>>36428209
the foot inserts more than likely aren't damaging your knees or anything like that brah. They are just foot inserts if you find them comfortable wear them. You can get denser ones if you think they aren't lasting long enough. If your concerned about your knee go to a qualified orthotist for a consultation. They will evaluate you professionally and see if you need anything to help your knee
>>
>>36428242
Appreciate the advice. But do you think they are necessary? I cant afford it right now, but will i be okay just using them on and off? Like not using them in my work shoes since i stand all day but using them in my gym shoes and my walking shoes?
>>
File: IMG_5220.jpg (65 KB, 634x640) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5220.jpg
65 KB, 634x640
>>36425559
wear out super fast?
Ive gone through 3 pair in about 4 years. In addition to everyday in my boots I hike atleast 100 miles a year w/ ~60lb load.
> TLDR; Fuck you, these things are GOAT.
P.S.I hope you buy dr.scholls, faggot.
>>
>>36428331
Why do you need them is the question?
>>
Why would I buy super feet? Was that just a meme from pediatrics?
>>
>>36428331
How did you know you needed them? Who told you? Or did you just think, "damn i want those inserts"?
>>
>>36425843
If you die, at least you will go to your death knowing the answer to your question.
>>
>>36425559
Talk to your podiatrist you faggot and stop bothering /fit/. Probably won't change much with them out tho
>>
>>36428476
>>36428369
I do alot of outdoor shit and gel/weak foam insoles (dr.scholls) perform like shit when they get wet or used alot. I had a pair of Dr.Gellin things fail in just over 3 hours of intense hiking.
The insoles that come with my boots (Bates Lites) are shitty and dont last as long as the boots do. I was in the field for a few months and my wife sent me some new insoles after mine failed, they just happened to be dope as fuck so Ive been wearing them(green superfeet) ever since.
I buy a new set whenever I get new boots and keep the old boots/soles around for mudding and other dirty shit.
Long story short, I need them because they hold up better than others and Im not worried about cushion as much as I am shock absorbtion.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.