[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Progression on a PPL routine as an intermediate lifter? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 12.jpg (55 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
12.jpg
55 KB, 600x800
Progression on a PPL routine as an intermediate lifter?

I'm almost done with Stronglift, my 1RMS at 6'0'' 205lbs are:
OHP: 155 lbs (135 3x5)
Bench: 220 lbs (190 3x5)
Squat: 297 lbs (260 3x5)
Deadlift: 420 lbs (365 1x5)

I was looking to switch to an intermediate PPL routine after SL.

How do you deal with the progression on the main lifts on PPL since you can't milk linear gains anymore?
>>
>>36423652
You should still be progressing with linear progression with those stats unless you have shit genetics or shit diet. If youre sick of SL, switchc to greyskull.
also, i must know the identity of this semen demon
>>
Depends on how you structure it, say if you do PPLxPLL or PLLxF

It also depends on what you have in each session, whether you alternate press and bench etc.
>>
>>36424580
>1/2/3/4 plate lifts
>You should still be making linear gains

When do you imagine linear gains stop?
>>
>>36424674
I suppose I was a bit of a dick, but I have literally those exact same stats, but I'm ten pounds lighter and 3 inches shorter and I'm making linear gains on a cut. 5x5 is not a reasonable rep scheme once you get to this point.
>>
I didn't have a raging urge to motorboat a pair of perky mammaries a moment ago. I do now.
>>
>>36424580
I'm wanting to switch to greyskull but I am not sure if it is worth it since I can just throw chinups and dips into SS and still get lots of lower body work. Greyskull seems deficient in lower body but I don't know cuz I am a dumb fucker.
>>
>>36424757
the biggest difference is that with greyskull you have an amrap set with every exercise. I personally loved toning back the squatting because I have short femurs and have always hated squatting. Since starting greyskull I have finally started to enjoy squatting though
>>
who is this slobber macabre?
>>
>>36424788
Yeah squatting pisses me off so this sounds like it could be the routine for me. Another problem i see is where to throw in arm stuff. Would alternating curls and skull crushers in this routine make sense?
>>
>>36424757
>>36424788
its also very flexible. download a pdf of the book and actually read it.
>>
Is Madcow good for strength and hypertrophy? can you add accessories to it?
>>
>>36424726
My stats aren't anywhere near that, but after 6 weeks on SL, gains basically stopped. Right now I'm at

OHP 100lbs 5x5
Bench 175lbs 5x5
Squat 190lbs 5x5
Deadlift 275lbs 1x5

Up until this week they had all been progressing nicely. But now they have stopped. I'm dieting hard since I have at least 100lbs to lose and doing quite a lot of cardio. I can't imagine I'll be able to make linear gains to 1/2/3/4 plate lifts.
>>
>>36424805
Read what you've written and tell me if it rhymes.
>>
>>36424894
>after 6 weeks on SL, gains basically stopped
have you deloaded yet?
>I'm dieting hard
thats problem number one. If you want to cut and gain strength at the same time, it needs to be a very small deficit. I eat at 800 calories below tdee on rest days and 100 calories below tdee on training days
>doing quite a lot of cardio
thats not helping either. you kind of need to decide whether losing fat is more important or gaining strength is more important to you
>>
>>36424945
>I dont know how to pronounce maccabre
>>
>>36424945
its a visual rhyme
>>
>>36423652
who is this very nice girl?
>>
File: pepecry1.gif (31 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
pepecry1.gif
31 KB, 500x492
>>36424894
>6 weeks
>Bench 175lbs 5x5
kill me
>6 mo and bench is 135 1x5
>>
>>36424894

>>36424958

listen to this ^ guy and deadload
>>
>>36424600
>PLL
>F
What are those supposed to mean?
>>
>>36425065
It was meant to be PPLxF

Push
Pull
Legs
Rest
Full Body
>>
>>36424958
I haven't deloaded. Today I repeated the same weights as the last time I did the workout. I could progress with squats but I'm not that happy with my form so I kept it the same.

Right now it's more important for me to lose weight that it is to get strong. With that in mind, how to make progress?
>>
>>36424969

>I don't know how to spell macabre
>>
>>36424580
Linear gains are not sustainable. That if you mean adding weight almost every week.
I've been doing SL for a month abd I'm stuck at 55kg bench, 65kg squat and 50kg rows.
I'm eating 3k of healthy foods and never missed a workout.
Ex aushwitz skelly with now some skinny fat.
6'1'' and 180lba
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.