[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /fit/ think about swimming ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
What does /fit/ think about swimming ?
>>
GOAT cardio
>>
Sure as hell respect a swimmer more than a powerlifter.
>>
>>36421782
What exercises would you recommend ? What kind of "swimming style" I don't know the word in english.
>>
>>36421952
i only swim free
>>
>>36421772
Front crawl is the most common. Breast stroke and combat swimmer stroke have the most application. Back stroke is fun and meditative. Also, learning to tread water for 10 minutes is great exercise and could save your life. Get great at all of them.
>>
I imagine it's the best path to ottermode
>>
swimming is the only cardio I enjoy.
I hate running

Swimming in open pool in summer is god tier.

also - lats
>>
God-tier cardio, works almost every muscle in the body if your form is right.

Drawback: Fatties in the pool.
>>
>>36422043
Kek
>>
>at local indoor pool friday around 9pm
>suddenly the lights go out
>old people just drop their bathing suits
>wtf is happening
>just continue swimming laps
>lady working there comes up to me
>"you have to take off your speedo or leave, I'm sorry"

fucking Germany
>>
>>36421772
Swimming is by far the best workout you could do.
Very little impact or tearing, is considered HIIT.
I recommend swimming during the winter time, easy way to stay cut.
>>
>>36422071
I usually jog to the pool. Do some handstand and core work, then swim.
>>
Fatasfatass here.

I don't understand how everyone gets such gains from swimming. I get much more weigh loss and cardio gains from stairmaster or treadmill than I do from swimming.
>>
>>36421772

It makes me wet.
>>
>>36421952
Alternate between freestyle, breast stroke, butterfly, and backstroke between laps.
>>
>>36422260
People don't actually get gains from swimming. Anybody who just swims will look okay, pretty good even, but not big or strong.
People who train with weights and swim look good because weights and cardio mean you will get big and stay lean.
People who swim for several hours a day (ie Olympic and professional swimmers) look huge because they're genetic freaks, and doing anything physically demanding for several hours a day with good nutrition will make the muscles used during that activity grow.
That being said, swimming is pretty good cardio. I do it during contest prep to help me stay cut.
>>
>>36422043
true but it's definitely gradual
>>
>>36422374
Is it the lighting or are his arms disporportionately long? Looks a bit like an ape, here.
>>
>>36422389
That's the ideal proportion for a swimmer. Just look at Michael Phelps
>>
>>36422117
>not getting naked gainz with grandpa
Not gonna make it.
>>
Thanks for advices everyone I wanted to do something different from going to the gym it's a bit boring sometimes
>>
>>36422117
I have a hard time believing this. What is the point of taking off your speedo?
>>
>>36422084
I remember one time I could smell the sweat from one of the fat people from half a lane away.
He was in the pool.
A pool filled with chlorine.
>>
I like swimming because I get to see some nice ass and tittles.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.