[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hungry skelly here Tying to "clean bulk" So far I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 612x344) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 612x344
Hungry skelly here

Tying to "clean bulk"
So far I have
>chicken breast
>salmon
>frozen mixed veggies
>whole grain bread
>whole grain cereal
>whole grain pasta
>brown rice
>lentils
>water

Anything else I can add to my diet? No variety is killing me
>>
>>36421165
Ever hear of red meat?
>>
>>36421185
Expensive, but I should say I eat a steak or lean burger once every two weeks or so
>>
Green tea and avocados works wonders.
>>
>>36421165
You need fucking eggs/egg whites
Milk since you're a skelly
Beans if the taste/gas isnt an issue
Turkey Breast
Get rid of cereal and just get Oatmeal

Personally get a ground sirlon and have it evry 2-3 days.
Everything else is a staple.
>>
>>36421165
Hot sauce
>>
>>36421209
So a normal day would be like

Breakfast:
Eggs and oatmeal

Lunch:
Peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake

Dinner:
Veggies, chicken, rice

Or do I really need to think bigger? What would a normal day look like?
>>
>salmon

literally useless, virtually no calories in it

>bread
>cereal (get oats instead)
>>
>>36421356
dude eat about 80% of your calories from 'clean' food and then fill the other 20% with cookies, ice cream etc. you'll start enjoying what you eat a whole lot more
>>
>>36421368
Arn't you supposed to eat fish like once a week?

Why is 100% whole grain bread bad?

The cereal is also 100% whole grain
>>
>>36421397
Been thinking about this, but I tend to be pretty dogmatic about stuff or I wont stick to it
>>
>>36421432
that's fair enough. maybe start slowly incorporating it until you've adjusted? otherwise go to like an asian grocery or something get some noodles and stir fry vegetables. how good of a cook are you?
>>
>>36421165

Get rid of all of that wheat and replace with oats and rice.
>>
>>36421419

What is causes inflamation in your gut and bloats you. There is no nutritional benefit to eating what.
>>
>>36421466
What is wrong with 100% whole wheat products?

Also how will I burger/bagel/sandwich?
>>
>>36421356
moar. srsy, I've been in your shoes. Get a shitload of greek yoghurt, get alot of nuts with raisins. loads of milk and peanut butter. for dinner, try sweet potatoes, rice, pasta etc. chicken, turkey and fish are your friends, but don't forget that pork or beef every now and then. also: broccoli, kale, carrots, onions, avocado and zucchini.
protip: everything is better with soy sauce.
>>
>>36421478
>>36421495
Huh, care to source that?

>>36421456
Not great, but learning!
>>
>>36421504

>source

The 90's were 20 years ago. Please keep up with research.
>>
File: MORE.jpg (49 KB, 490x561) Image search: [Google]
MORE.jpg
49 KB, 490x561
eat squats and oats
>>
>>36421356
Honestly I've never been a true skelly, but you might have to actually take a general count of your cal levels to see noticeable gains.

You might need to put another meal in there at some point unless you don't have the time. If that's not possible you'll be making your meals larger and larger and making it uncomfortable on your stomach.

Drink Milk in the morning/lunch if you can. Have something solid for lunch. A protein shake is really a post workout thing, or if you have to that meal replacement.

/fit/ used to call meal frequency a meme, but honestly in my own experience, it's the only comfortable way to intake so many fucking calories in a day. I legitimately get hungry every 2.5-3 hours on lifting days.
>>
>>36421504
>Not great, but learning!
das it mang. i eat the same types of food every week but because i'm an excellent cook the meals that i eat are very varied. plus learn how to bake, you can make some delicious cakes etc that are packed with protons with a little tweaking
>>
>>36421495

OP, I'm at work so I can't spend the time talking about the issue with what. But, if you are serious about nutrition and fitness (the former is necessary for the latter) please do some research on the detriments on what consumption.
>>
>>36421499
Alot of great other suggestions here. Idk what your budget is. Something like low sugar yogurt or good old cottage cheese at night is great.
>>
File: Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png (243 KB, 1200x928) Image search: [Google]
Aromatics_Screen_Draft2-01.png
243 KB, 1200x928
>>36421165
no variety is a result of your inability to use spices in a pleasing way fear no more pic related
>>
Ever heard of food? Eat that in a slighty larger amount than your tdee and you should be g2g.
>>
>>36421576
so much this. saved that infographic
>>
another skele here
trying to snake on almonds because they have pretty decent content but theyre boring af on their own

what can i mix them with or douse them in? i'm currently just licking them and dipping them in a bowl of salt but im sure thats not a good idea
>>
>>36421165
>cottage cheese
>cheeses in general
>eggs
>etc
Are you even trying?
>>
>>36421614
>i'm currently just licking them and dipping them in a bowl of salt but im sure thats not a good idea
topkek. there's not really much you can do with almonds unless you candy them, but that basically destroys their nutritional value
>>
>>36421520
I've only ever seen a freakout over gluten, i'm not gluten intolorant

>>36421544
Unfortunately I work A LOT but frequency changes may help the "overstuffed" feeling

>>36421556
I'll look but there is so much misinformation out there, I usually just use examine.com

>>36421560
I've got money to spend, it's time and stomach space that is in short supply

>>36421576
I use spices, still gets old eating chicken twice a day but i'll do it if I have to
>>
>>36421650
try meal preppin. get some containers, fix up huge portions, store them and then reheat and eat them whenever. this won't help with your lack of variety though.
>>
>>36421643
guess so

kinda want to borrow ops thread here to ask a similar question, most days i've been eating the following

A bowl of 3 Weetabix with whole milk and sugar for breakfast (little time)

At work (11ish) on break i usually have a Ploughmans sandwich (about 500kcal) a bag of crisps, some chocolate and Coke (i know its bad for me but its so high calorie and i spend the entire day moving and lifting so the energy is nice)

Get home at like 2, usually have a 250g of Basmati Brown Rice and 6 Cod Fish Fingers (or just a cod) with some peas

Then whatever for dinner.

Im pretty sure this is all i can be hungry for though, im never hungry between these meals. so other than switching breakfast to oats maybe i dont know how i'm gonna get more calories in. Oh and in case you didn't get it from the meals i listed i only eat fish not meat
>>
>>36421683
Kinda struggling over fridge space but this would really really help
>>
>>36421356
Alright 6'2 145lb skele who's at 180lb now.
This is how it goes roughly

meal 1 - 500ml milk, chick sandwich (3 slices bread, chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, mayo)

meal 2 - rice, 2 beef patties, hashbrowns, side of salad

meal 3 - baked/fried fish with egg, vegetables of choice

meal 4 - 600ml milk + 2 scoops protein + fruit all blended

snacks - muffin, 2 apples, a granola or so, plenty of water
>>
>>36421693
chuck in a protein shake with dinner. when i'm bulking i'll sometimes add powdered oats or almondmeal to my shakes, adds an easy 2-400 calories depending on how much you add
>>
>>36421714
once you have everything down you could possibly get away with only cooking 2 or 3 times a week. of course there will be some minor stuff here and there but the bulk of your meals will always be available and ready.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.