[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you training a martial art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1416594109479.jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
1416594109479.jpg
36 KB, 607x608
Why aren't you training a martial art
>>
why are you
>>
>>36420874
This thread again?
>>
>>36421183
Everyday until you love it
>>
>>36420874
But I am.

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu here.

Twice a week, 2 hours per session. Will-Machado style, so not Gracie style.

Muay Thai is also offered at my gym but I'm currently not interested
>>
Because I always have a pipebomb stuffed in my sock.
>>
Because I'd need an instructor to train, and I don't wanna take a class. I'm too poor for 1 on 1 instruction.

I know my way around a fight well enough though.
>>
>>36420874
Because in the day and age of firearms, learning fist fighting is preposterous
>>
>>36420874
Guns
>>
Because I dont feel like I need it to bust a nigga head open
>>
>>36424082

this is stupid, you're stupid
>>
>>36420874

I'm a 26 year old man who works in finance. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting into any fights.
>>
I've been looking to get into mma for general self confidence/ self worth but I'm a big pussy about concussions
>>
>>36425912
I'm a 28 year old man with a JD and a purple belt in BJJ.
>>
>>36426128

You probably actually need it, Anon Esquire.

Every law firm I've ever been in (granted I've only ever been in two) had firearms behind every other desk.
>>
>>36426203
Not him but you do understand most people that do martial arts aren't doing it for practical self defense?
>>
im a huge pussy with no cardio.
>tfw my brother is going for a 2nd amateur belt in a couple days
>>
>>36426234

Nope. I guess it could be a hobby for someone in the same way some people buy guns because they like them rather than self-defense.

Thanks for clarifying, Anon.
>>
i do, because it's great fun and I don't like going for runs unless I'm doing it for a sport. I feel running just to be good at running has great benefits, but it's boring desu senpai.

I train boxing wednesday and friday, and I do kickboxing on tuesday, I used to train everyday but can't now thanks to some fucked up uni classes. (I lift on monday thurs and sometimes sat if im not training)

It's good fun, the gym I'm at has some pretty prestigious trainers and fighters. Great facilities, a great positive atmosphere and just all around great vibes.

What I like about martial art is that there is literally zero room for ego, you have to truly unlearn everything if you want to be any good.
>>
anons who say they box/kick box. Do you mean just heavy bag training with an instructor or what? Seems memey
>>
File: WhiteBlet.jpg (66 KB, 498x416) Image search: [Google]
WhiteBlet.jpg
66 KB, 498x416
>>
Imma TAN belt in MCMAP lmao
>>
File: NewfagBlet.jpg (93 KB, 498x416) Image search: [Google]
NewfagBlet.jpg
93 KB, 498x416
>>36426652
>>
>>36423833
How are you liking it? Is twice a week enough to make solid progress?

I've never trained because I'm a student in college and also work so I didn't think I had time but if twice a week is enough then maybe I can.
>>
>>36420874
>Why aren't you training a martial art
Because lol at burning calories rolling around on the floor with another man when you could be using them to build muscle.
You arent going to make it.
>>
>>36423833
>Machado style not Gracie style.

You got no ideia what you are talking about
>>
File: 1297944796325.png (135 KB, 1032x1023) Image search: [Google]
1297944796325.png
135 KB, 1032x1023
Because I'm 22 and the only martial arts I'm interested in are the more 'dance-like' ones, for which starting after being 6yo means you'll always be as graceful as a crippled gorilla.

Also, provided I wasn't put-off enough by my age already, finding an instructor that's actually qualified in ANY martial art is hell.

99% of all martial art gyms won't teach you anything even remotely related to the martial art, and will instead be just a very expensive pilates course with an asian name.
>>
>>36420874
what's the context behind this photo?
>>
I don't like getting punched in the face.
>>
>>36420874
that looks more like marital art
>>
>>36420874
did for 6-7 years, got a 2nd Dan Bo in Jidokwan Taekwondo and 7 months in hapikido. stopped due to it being too expensive and got bored of it. i now go to gym cause its cheaper and i can workout whatever time of the day i choose before 8pm and i get a better workout

helped got rid all of my baby fat at the age of 17
>>
>>36420874
Just started boxing training again as cardio, since my new gym doesn't have a pool. Not sure if that counts. I'm diggin it, but I'll have to change my routine a bit so I can recover on time.
>>
>>36426092
Start off with Jiu jitsu and kickboxing. You most likely wont be getting in many situations (competitions, fights) that will give you a concussion within your first year-year and a half of training
>>
because can make thousands of hours of martial arts training useless with a 15 dollar pocket knife

fucking idiots
>>
>>36427450
Million dollar exteme watch is YouTube channel it's him
>>
>>36426128
how long did it take you to get purple?
>>
>>36426595
not gonna be funny when i break your nerd neck with my falcon punch, fag
>>
>>36429865
whatcha gonna do when I take u down nigga
>>
Where do you find a martial arts instructor that's legit and will take adults?
>>
>>36426985
It's tonnes of fun
>>
>>36430236
There's a site, bullshido, that will help you identify a mcdojo.

>>36427023
Will-Machado. It's an interesting style. It's more geared for competiton, and there some influence from freestyle and greco-roman wrestling involved
>>
>>36420874
I'm too inflexible to do anything but boxing and I'd hate 90% of the thugs that go to German boxing clubs.
>>
>>36426595
I do savate and boxing and we constantly do drills and light sparring. Heavy ,more controlled sparring at the discretion of the practitioners in savate and whenever the coach don't like your face in boxing.

It's ton of fun and you get to kiss on the cheek sweaty,panting fit girls that wrecks you in sparring.
Also I fucking hate fighting with girls. They have such passives and slow punches but kick like motherfuckers.
>>
>>36425912
>I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be getting into any fights.

If I cone up to your job or catch you in the streets lacking then you WILL be in a fight
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.