[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long before a protein shake goes bad? Would it be okay if
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
How long before a protein shake goes bad?
Would it be okay if I made my protein shake right before going to the gym, put the shake in a bag and drank it after my workout, so about 2 hours after I've made it?
>>
2 hours? You're fine. I've let protein shakes sit out all day and I didn't die from them. They were warm but they still had all the protein.
>>
Make that shit about an hour early and throw it in the freezer. It'll be golden by the time you finish your workout.
>>
>>36419192
cool cheers m8
>>
>>36419180
Its fine. Put some ice in it if youre worried.
>>
>>36419180
Stop drinking powdered jew it makes you fat and gives you gyno get your protein from food
>>
what food goes bad in 2 hours
>>
>>36419278
semen
>>
>>36419235

Protein powder is food, retard
>>
Just get home and drink it? This post-workout meme needs to die already
>>
>>36419180
1 hr old protein shake smells like my ass when I was 13, 180lbs and didn't wipe my ass cheek
>>
>>36419278
steak tartare
>>
>>36419278
Almost any dairy at room temperature? And whey is a dairy
>>
Why cant you just take the powder in a shaker to the gym and add water there when your ready?

Your autistic, aren't you?

Inb4: My gyms in africa-niggerland and we don't have water HURR
>>
>>36419235
>gives you gyno
EVERY TIME
>>
>>36419180
It's fine as long as you have a good scoop to dairy ratio. I wouldn't go any lower than 4 scoops/1cup, 2 scoops per scoop of course.
>>
>>36419180
Is it realy matters when to drink protein?
>>
>>36419359

You only had one cheek?
>>
Yes you fucking retard I leave my shake in my bag for days and consume the mold cultures that grow in it. Extra protein. Delicious. Sumptuous
>>
Am I the only weirdo that makes his shake with water instead of milk?
>>
>>36422188
You fucking savage.
>>
I left a shake in my car. It smelled like a dead body.
>>
>>36419418
Kek
>>
>>36419180
I make mine in the morning and put it in the fridge during work.
>>
>>36419359
People wipe the cheeks as well? Why?

I just wipe the crack.
>>
>>36419180
how about you stop pretending drinking them directly after your workout makes them magically 50 times more effective? how about you drink them when you come home which is probably less than 30 minutes?
>>
>>36422188
I can barely handle that consistency of chalk and sawdust with milk, how do you do it with water?
>>
In two hours the bacterial load in your shake will be up to 64x what it was when you made it. If you wait 4 hours the bacterial load will be over 4,000x what it originally was.

The water activity of dry whey powder is very low obviously so bacteria can't grow in it easily (same reason why your bags of sugar and flour don't go bad after opening, among other reasons.)

Wait until after your workout to add the water.
>>
>>36423079
Because the Pianoman says so. But yeah unless you're eating 12 meals a day you can wait an hour or more with zero issues.
>>
>>36423268
rich piana is not a scientist or doctor

it has been proven that it does fuckign nothing, all that matters is enough intake thoughout the day
>>
Just get a small, insulated cooler or lunch bag and put it in there with an ice pack.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.