[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 20
File: 00.png (9 KB, 800x200) Image search: [Google]
00.png
9 KB, 800x200
Other is inactive.

>QTDDTOT

People say that you should always eat protein with rice to lower its Glycemic Index. Is that legitimate?
>>
Why eat rice when you can eat quinoa?
>>
>>36418627
'Cause quinoa tastes like shit ?
>>
>>36418627
riceis cheap.
>>
I have some kind of shoulder imbalance and want to add some high reps dumbbell presses for rehab after my core exercises. What kind of exercise should I use for this purspose? Is incline bench press a good carry over for ohp and barbell bench or should I do flat and seated ohp?
>>
>>36418619
I just got my blood analisys, my test level is 1.3 when it should be between 2.49 and 8.36 ng/mL.

Now I have to wait two months to see the urologist but I can't wait that much...

Is there anything I can do to get test boost prescribed?
>>
>>36418809
Check your blood levels for deficiencies

If it persists just go on TRT
>>
>>36418861
Everything is fine besides Iron and test, but I don't think they are related at all.

I've always felt all the low test symptons but the iron thing is recent
>>
Does 1-DHEA (1-Andro) actually work? I bought four bottles of the new 1-Andro Max V2 from Primeval Labs (240 pills @100mg 1-DHEA each for $157 after discount). I have never taken any exogenous anabolics before. If taking 400mg a day, will it make a difference?
>>
File: 1329540159415.jpg (24 KB, 317x400) Image search: [Google]
1329540159415.jpg
24 KB, 317x400
I know fuck all about supplements. I'm trying to lower my bodyfat percentage and my buddy bought me some L-Carnitine and some weird caffine pills.

http://www.popeyescanada.com/heat_accelerated_magnum_144_capsules.html

http://ca.bodybuilding.com/store/nutrabolics/carnibolic.html?_requestid=142741

Is taking this stuff going to do anything dangerous or unhealthy to me? Should I tell my buddy I don't want them? (we're the kind of friends where he'd be completely understanding if I didn't want them and would just use it himself.)
>>
Best accessories to increase bench press? Doing 5/3/1 and stalled hard on bench.
>>
>>36418938
No it won't harm you, but it won't help you either.
>>
>>36418938
You don't really need that shit.
They're supplements, just that. Unless you're taking DNP it's not gonna significantly aid you.
Caffeine is good for preworkout but you can also just drink some coffee instead.

Amish cunt related https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUXfVUaZDtU
>>
>>36418809
How can you tell if you have low testosterone?

I mean, it's probably due to anxiety and shit but still I'm wondering if I'm being so quiet in conversations because of something like that?
>>
>doing dumb shit on my mat last night
>push fists into ground between my legs to raise body off the ground
>tricep makes an audible *schlp* sound and something happens, didn't see
>drop ass to mat, tricep has a cold spot (what internal bleeding feels like) and a little "fullness" in that spot
>RICE all night and wake up today
>doesn't look like it snapped and no problems whatsoever
Should I worry or should I disregard and continue making gains?
>>
Help guys:

>Cutting, eating 1600 cal/day,
>My tdee is 2100.
>I walk 30 min everyday from work to home
>I'm doing SS Monday/Wednesday/Fridays (10 min of elliptical after every session)
> I also do 1 hour of bicycle around the beach every sunday.

Will I lose weight? My weight is 74kg atm, need to get to 69kg at least. My main goal is to lose weight and lose my belly fat
>>
File: chicken.jpg (336 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
chicken.jpg
336 KB, 600x400
is store-bought rotisserie chicken considered "clean"?
>>
>>36419109
Understand that muscle weighs more than fat. Even if your weight is stalling but you are progressing in liftan then you're progressing. Weight on it's own is a shitty metric.
>>
>>36419127
Not as clean as self-made no
>>
>>36419109
>My tdee is 2100
>Eating 1600kcal/day

Ofc you lose weight wtf
>>
>>36419141
I know, but since I'm cutting I still should be losing weight, because I'm making a calories deficit, is this how it works?

On the other hand... am I in a good track for losing my belly fat?
>>
Physio said can't train pretty much anything except chest/shoulders and some light arms due to disc problems with back.
Just train those and end up with tiny back and legs comparatively? Or take a hiatus from lifting
>>
So I had my blood taken some time ago and I called them back to ask what my testosterone was at and she just said 13.5

Does that mean 1350 ng/dL or what?
>>
File: VID_20160317_1602a2.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
VID_20160317_1602a2.webm
3 MB, 852x480
can you guys check my form?
pls no bully
>>
is there any evidence that veggies and whole grains promote lean muscle growth? I have been eating 4500-5000 kcal/day, but it includes 5 cups of veggies and a fuckton of whole grains. Notably I get around 100g of fiber in my diet. I have gone from 175-187 in about two months with my abs actually becoming more prominent (coming off skinnyfat). Does this even make sense? Am I counting my shit wrong or maybe mistaking core muscle growth from deadlifts for getting leaner?
>>
File: canbeunseen.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
canbeunseen.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>36419285
Your heels are coming off the ground. Also, you're wearing running shoes.
>>
how 2 break up with your gymbro?
>>
>>36419311
Will you continue going to the same gym?
>>
>>36418619
Is there any downside in seated OHP? If not, why are people still doing standing OHP?
>>
File: VID_20160317_4053a.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
VID_20160317_4053a.webm
3 MB, 852x480
>>36419302
yeah I'm working on my hip mobility. It has become way better since I started.
What's wrong with running shoes?
>>
what can I do on my off days from starting strength? I started the program back in january and have progressed okay but i'm starting to get bored on my off days and want to go to the gym

is running or walking okay to do on off days?
>>
>>36418938
>should I use this stuff I know nothing about?
well yes, ofcourse you should
>>
>>36419318
yeah but i dont want to stay on the same routine as him anymore and im gonna go more than him

he refuses to go over 3 days/week and hasnt been eating enough to break auchwitzmode anyway
>>
>>36419324
cardio is the best way to spend your offdays. I would go biking, jogging, and swimming once a week each back when i was on SS

just make sure you adjust your diet accordingly
>>
>>36419335
it kills your gains bro
here take this creatine pill
>>
Are rest days actually important, do you really need to rest for a full day?

I'm a bit sore, but nothing feels to bad, I've gone 3 days in a row, and I want to go today, but I'm not sure if I might be damaging anything...
>>
>>36419322
I wore running shoes when lifting, and I noticed that my heels kept rising from the floor, knocking me forwards. I use toe shoes now since I've had them for years and might as well use them for something.
>>
>>36419322
Your hips shoot up like crazy work on your mobility
>>
>>36419368
rest days are fucking SACRED. This is when gains happen. Do cardio if you get antsy.
>>
>>36419368
No just keep breaking down muscle it's fine

lmao are u srs
>>
>>36419299
Oh, I've also been doing hella cardio. Anyone wanna weigh in on this?
>>
I've gone through Starting Strength and Texas Method throughout the last 1.5 years. I managed to hit a 415 squat, 275 bench and 360 deadlift all for reps within that time (I extremely neglected deadlifts).

The problem is I begin my bulk again in 1 week and my new goals are to hit a 5 plate squat, 3 plate bench and 5 plate deadlift by the end of this year.

I have no idea what routine I should hop on as I believe I have already exhausted Texas Method and I would like to continue on a full body strength program.

Could any advanced lifters help me out? I feel as if I'm hitting a wall at this point in my lifting career.
>>
>>36419382
>>36419386
fine, but 1 rest day every 3 work out days is good right, I don't need to rest more than that.
>>
>>36419402
what is your program
>>
How do I increase my bench.

6'5 - 90kg lanklet. Eat godlike - plenty of protein, veg and nuts. Do slip and eat chocolate as well.

My squad and deadlift have both improved over the last 3 months of dedicated lifting (lifted for 2+ years but often missed days before this) but my bench has only gone up by 2.5kg. Doing flies as accessory lifts and dips as well more recently. Nothing happening. Every bench press is a struggle.
>>
>>36419410
you probably need to periodize your bench programming. Could run Smolov if you wanna go all out on that lift.
>>
>>36419410
Do it less but harder.
>>
>>36419406
uhh well, I do dl and bench every day, and alternate between squats and ohp everyday, and then depending on what I haven't hit, I'll do extra isolation stuff (curls, calve extensions, lat pull down, etc..)

I know it seems like a shit routine, but it's been working for me.
>>
>>36419410
Your 6'5" mah nigga. Bench progress is gonna be slow.
>>
>>36419437
any particular reason you're doing this instead of something proven like SS (+accessories if you're worried about trex)? Even a PPL split would make more sense for a beginner if you really want to spend more time in the gym
>>
>>36419437
How about you hop on a proper strength routine lmao
>>
can fruit give me the diabeetus? I eat over 140g of sugar every day but it all comes from fruit and sometimes milk
>>
Can you rest for a little bit between reps on deadlift?

I need to catch my breath and get my form right most times.
>>
Is going mixed grip halfway through a dl set just to finish it ok? i want to train grip but i alsowanna finish my set
>>
>>36419449
>>36419452
I like the flexibility of hitting what I want to hit on any given day. Also I literally just want to look good, I have no desire to be able to lift heavier and heavier things. When you're 6'3 gains are pretty slow anyways.

I obviously understand and appreciate proper strength routines, but for me, I just love doing what I want. Also, I don't want to get big, I want to be muscular and lean, not just skinny like I am now.
>>
>>36419469
>can fruit give me the diabeetus?
broscientist here. diabeetus is mainly caused by being obese (fat increases insulin resistance) and the intake of fast sugars (what people normally consider "sweets", or processed sugar). That being said 144g is a lot of sugar. Try to bring that below 100g, preferably below the 80s if possible.
>>
>>36419494
>and the intake of fast sugars (what people normally consider "sweets", or processed sugar)
*because it spikes your blood sugar levels much faster than fruit, which has to be digested and turned into sugars.
>>
Is there an optimal time of day to lift?

I hear morning workouts are the best, but I end up lifting at night because waking up early is hard.
>>
>>36419517
morning work outs are great because you feel energetic and happy the rest of the day. but working out is more important overall, whether that be in the morning, afternoon, or evening.
>>
>>36419335
aight i'll probably start running and swimming on my off days and up my gym time to 6 days a week
>>
>>36419481
Are you deadlifting for grip, or deadlifting to deadlift?
>>
It's normal for lifts to stall or even drop a little bit during the beginning of a cut until the body adjusts to the lack of calories, right?
>>
>>36419542
ideally both but ultimately i care more about deadlifting to deadlift.
>>
>>36418619
Medfag here.
Fats and proteins in the stomach stimulate your body to release CCK, other hormones and also slows digestion to break down the peptides. So biochemically, yes it's true. But whether that plays enough of an effect for results outside the lab and textbook is dependent on other factors like your general diet and exercise.
>>
>>36419565
I think lifts stall full stop on a cut. I've been on a cut since I've started, main goal was to lose weight and I think I'm making progress, and after my first two weeks I'd progressed from 40 to 55kg and only yesterday progressed to 57.5kg on bench press.

So I think progress and gains are achievable on a cut (maybe not mine, I cut to 1800 down from 27-2800 TDEE including lifting), it just takes a long time.
>>
I just want to lose fat. What should I do at the gym? I've already planned out a 1800~ diet. I have no idea how to lift or anything, so I'm expecting to only use the machines or whatever.

I'm 6'0 and 270. I just don't want to be a sack of fat anymore.
>>
>>36419494
followup question:
how in the goddamn FUCK am i supposed to get my pottassium without snacking on a million bananas and kiwis?
>>
How did the BMR calculations come about? Did they measure the change in weight of comatose or vegetable patients and their exact kcal intake? Did they make people just lie in bed 24 hours straight?
>>
>>36419148
Don't listen to this cunt. Do you really think it fucking matters who's rotisserie it was cooked on?
>>
>>36419264
Tiny back and legs is better than tiny everything bro.
>>
>>36419660
i mean the stores add a fuckton of shit to it that you likely wouldnt
>>
>>36419601
you should read and do SS and eat at a slightly lower deficit so you can pick up some noob muscle gains during your cut

SS is GODLIKE for cutting
>>
>>36419609
Kek, I ran into the same issue. There are actually other sources of potassium than bananas it turns out. Potatoes, tomatoes, and some green vegetables are pretty good sources that are also low in calories IIRC.

Micros are much harder than macros but with a bit of forethought before eating you can do it, anon. I know you can.
>>
File: 1455716559409.png (1 MB, 497x576) Image search: [Google]
1455716559409.png
1 MB, 497x576
>>36419688
>SS is GODLIKE for cutting
SS is literally a bulking routine for DYELs. Don't cut on SS you will wear your body out.
>>
>>36419690
thanks bro, sounds like its time for me to YAM THE FUCK UP
>>
>>36419680
Like what? Its a fucking plain rotisserie chicken.
>>
>>36419696
what would u recommend then mr smart guy
>>
>>36419703
nigga have you HAD a store rotisserie chicken?

shit is greasy as it gets from all the goddamn oil
>>
>>36419707
Quoting from
>>36419601
>I just want to lose fat. What should I do at the gym? I've already planned out a 1800~ diet. I have no idea how to lift or anything, so I'm expecting to only use the machines or whatever.
He wants to lose fat and says he has no idea how to lift, so he really has two choices. Cut and don't lift which turns him into a skelly who more likely than not will still just be a skinnyfat. Or he can do an intermediate program that isn't as intense as SS, such as the Texas Method, during his cut. Considering his body is probably untrained he will get noob gains without wearing himself out because Texas Method has a lot more recovery time than SS. Muscles are made during recovery.

Once he cuts down and starts bulking he can do SS if he needs to get strong fast which he likely will need to.
>>
Been doing 5x5 for the last few weeks. Currently DLing and squatting 50kg (laughable for most here I know but the progress feels good) 5x5 states only one set of deadlifts but I'm perfectly capable of doing 5 sets like the other lifts. Is there any reason I shouldn't do more sets?
>>
>>36419762
>laughable for most here I know
Don't think like that, anon. Hold yourself to your own standards and goals but still aiming for the top. You are improving yourself and every little gain is important. Mindset is incredibly important.

Just because you can't squat 2pl8 yet doesn't mean you are laughable. It means you just aren't squatting 2pl8.
>>
is 50/30/20 a good macro spread for a noob on SS? The 20% protein gets me like 205g per day so im certain that part is plenty at least (weigh 187)
>>
File: edison.jpg (18 KB, 319x379) Image search: [Google]
edison.jpg
18 KB, 319x379
>>36418619
For the purposes of building a new routine, is incline bench considered a main exercise or accessory lift? I plan on doing flat bench too, so is it better to do 3x8-12 on incline or 3x5 as I am for flat bench?
>>
>>36419791
>accessory lift
this one
>>
I'm skinny as fuck but have this big gut that doesn't feel soft like fat, but rather hard. What the hell is this?
>>
Can anyone recommend a good routine for training for triathlons? Preferably one I could run simultaneously with SS?
>>
>>36419832

Congratulations! You're pregnant. :)
>>
>>36419832
pics
>>
>>36419838
>triathlons
>lifting
Pick one of these at a time anon. You'll burn yourself out otherwise.
>>
>>36418619
if i drink half a gallon of milk everyday will I gain mass faster? or just get fat
>>
Hi fit!
When benching heavy I feel it in my back. To be more precise, I feel it around the area where
I pinch my shoulders blades. That dull kind of pain you get in a muscle group after working it.
Is this normal, or is there something wrong with my form? If so, is there a specific error that causes this?
>>
>>36419326
>should I waste my time posting a useless response?
It's not like we matter enough to be doing anything else.
>>
>>36419940
I should clarify; I just want to keep in good shape on the triathlon events leading up to summer. Should I decide to actually compete I will stop lifting for a month or so to prepare.
>>
>>36419952
That's actually a sign of good form; means you're keeping your back tight and incorporating it into the lift senpai
>>
>>36419981
>I just want to keep in good shape on the triathlon events leading up to summer.
Start focusing on the triathlon stuff now and drop lifting until the triathlon is over. Jack of all trades, master of none.
>>
File: 485969436-bloated.jpg (582 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
485969436-bloated.jpg
582 KB, 2448x3264
>>36419915
not me but basically what I look like
>>
>>36420001
Oh sweet! Thanks
>>
>>36420111
That belly looks distended. You say it's hard? I would see a doctor, anon.
>>
>>36420111
looks like either:
1. You are constipated, go see a doctor
2. You're not standing straight, causing your spine to curve inwards, distending your belly. Can you touch your toes with straight legs?
>>
So I was watching an old Stallone movie while eating breakfast (Cliffhanger) and in the movie he picks up a guy and OHP's him through a stalagmite in a cave.

Just wondering how much extra weight would it be added to the guys body weight to do it - I reckon its at least like a 160kg lift (90 for bw and extra 70 for force)
>>
>>36420310
https://youtu.be/kDYxSiEU20o?t=4426

For reference
>>
>>36420193
>>36420309
It's like that even when I stand straight as I can.

I may have to see a doctor then.
>>
>>36419182
> I know, but since I'm cutting I still should be losing weight, because I'm making a calories deficit, is this how it works?

you dense motherfucker, read his post again.
>>
>>36419322
> running shoes

compressible soles, that's shitty for lifts. you want a flat sole that transfers the maximum force to the ground instead of one that absorbs a bit of it itself.
>>
My skelly vegetarian retard friend wont fucking eat enough no matter how many times i tell him how important it is. He has dropped weight to the point of being 5'11" 130. If i give him a mason jar that is a quart and tell him to fill it with whole milk twice a day and drink it between his meals will i give him bitch tits? I just want my bro to experience gains ;~;
>>
>>36419719
I'm white, don't bring that ghetto subhuman talk here. Yes I have, mine are always delicious without this extra grease you speak of.
>>
>>36418662
riceist
>>
Which squat style (high bar or low bar) is less likely to cause lower back pain while getting the form right?
>>
I'm badly injured, doctor told me I probably won't be able to get back to the gym for at least a couple of months.

I haven't lifted for a few weeks already, I wanted to cut before this happened and am probably 16% or so. I'm thinking of trying to get to 10% before I go back even if I lose some muscle, at least it'll give me something to work towards. I can still do plenty of walking

Is this a bad idea?
>>
I think deadlifts are bruising my knees when the bar drags across them

This can't be healthy, right?
>>
>>36419328
Just do it, don't let him prevent gains
>>
I have a fever and feel pretty weak and achey. Is it worth it to still lift but at like 75 percent of my normal weight?
>>
>>36420992
As a rule of thumb the high bar position requires you to generate less force in the hip joint and more in the knee joint. So high bar squats will probably be less likely to cause low back pain when done right (but more likely to cause knee pain).

>>36421014
I think you should care less about your body composition and more about recovering. That said, moving and exercising is almost always better than resting. Depending on what kind of injury you're dealing with, I'd be pretty damn surprised if there isn't some kind of lifting you can still do.
You can always work around injuries. People in wheelchairs are working out.

>>36421019
You can wear long socks if it's an issue. Lots of people do that. Although for most people it's scraping their shins bloody that's the problem. If you're hitting your knees, you may want to look at your form and see if you can get your shin more vertical.
>>
I feel like killing myself all the time, what do /fit/
>>
>>36421096
Don't lift if you have a fever. Performance will be shit and recovery will be shit. And it might also delay you getting well.
Understand that the body has finite ressources to handle stress. Fever is a stressor just like lifting is. If you just keep throwing shit at your body while it's already stressed the fuck out it's not going to go well. It won't kill you but you can't expect good results either.
>>
>>36421139
go see a therapist or call the hotline.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>36421139
>>
File: 1447102288647-b.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1447102288647-b.png
80 KB, 500x421
176lbs 6'3"

Cont bulking into summer or cut a few pounds?
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 262x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 262x353
Creatine - cycle or not?
Wat do. I just got my first batch of creatine today
>>
>>36421172
are you 20% bodyfat?
>>
>>36421150
Does therapy even help? What's there to talk about? I don't have any very rational reasons to feel like this, I just hate existing
>>
Do you need to recover from stretching from time to time or you can do it daily for fast effects?
>>
>>36421204
Irrational reasons are reasons too.
>>
Somebody got a starting stretch guide ?
>>
>>36421156
This tbqh fampai

Dont be a nigger, pull the trigger
>>
>>36421204
If you're gonna ask for advice, the least you can do is not shoot it down immediately.

Go to a fucking therapist. Just do it. They are there to help.
>>
>>36421172
Dont know, probably not
>>
File: Starting Stretches.jpg (341 KB, 1168x1250) Image search: [Google]
Starting Stretches.jpg
341 KB, 1168x1250
>>36421223
>>
>>36421248
Thanks!
>>
>>36421248
The underarm shoulder stretch feels really, really unnatural.
>>
>>36421096
>fever
Don't go. Your body needs to rest and if you try lifting through it you'll only prolong the sickness.
>>
>>36421148
>>36421417
Well fuck, that sucks. I missed over a week of workouts due to work and could only do light dumbell work.
>>
I plan on doing TKD once a fortnight, is the 90 minute class good cardio or should I do some light cycling when I get home?
>>
File: rollodog.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
rollodog.gif
2 MB, 208x200
Jesus christ /fit/ I can't believe I share this board with some of you.

>Greentexting with your voice
>All that hate
>Forcing a meme on every video
>reusing said memes whenever applicable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8OgRh8vdBU&ab_channel=InfiniteElgintensity

Also to stay related to thread, 1x5 for diddlys or 3x5 at lower weight?
>>
How do I fix my posture? My gains are coming along nicely but my back is arched leading to my upper back sticking out, with a bit of forward head.
>>
can you safely lose 10lbs in 2-3 months?
>>
>>36421651
rows are helpful
>>
>>36421844
I lost 8 pounds in a week. That's just from eating a bit less and not taking protein. Not by choice, but I might go through with it to get abs.
>>
>>36421651
stretching
lifting with proper form
positioning PC screen and keyboard properly
good chair in upright position
>>
>>36421920
not taking protein? were you losing fat or muscle? i wanna lose 10lbs of fat in 2-3 months
>>
>>36421920
>>36421945
This sounds like bullshit. You cannot safely lose more than 3 pounds in a week.
>>
>>36421920
>>36421945
>taking protein
hoooooly shit does this piss me off

you dont fucking "take" protein. It's fucking food, you incorporate it into your diet (sometimes through whey) to whatever extent you feel is necessary. You're talking about it like it's a pill or some shit, which tells me you aren't counting your macros and are a fucking idiot.
>>
>>36421945
Who the fuck knows? All I know is I was severely active and there wasn't enough food to eat my normal amount. I was doing curl bro things with a 40 pound dumbbell though every second day in addition.

Plus I wasn't injecting protein to add up to 2k cals every workout day. I went from inserting around 4k cals a day to around 1500 if even.
>>
>>36421970
I wasn't taking my prescribed dosage of protein.
>>
Is it okay to wear compression shorts as shorts in 24 Hour Fitness? They aren't tiny or see-through, and I actually have quads...

Their fucking website doesn't say, it just says "gym appropriate attire" and "no street clothes", and their contact form is broken
>>
Is intermittent fasting a meme?
>>
>>36422029
nvm my bad
>>
>>36421970
>counting macros

Just put your protein into your injection site like the rest of us and stop whining. Protein is a magical vitamin that allows you to skip any sort of diet or counting. 4 scoops a day and it doesn't matter what I eat, I still got my fill.
>>
How to make the bum more lifted and perky?
And what's best for improving hamstrings?

Deadlifts and squats ain't doing shit in this regard.
>>
I can't stand /fit/ more, is it because I'm getting more mature or this board keeps getting shittier?
>>
>>36418619
>bulk and get big arms and chest but lose abs
>cut but lose arms and chest and gain abs

God damn it how many times am I gonna have to do this to get both?
>>
>>36422149
Neither, you're coming here for more than fitness advice.
>>
>>36421175
heaped teaspoon a day every day
>>
File: pls.png (2 MB, 700x958) Image search: [Google]
pls.png
2 MB, 700x958
How do I stretch the area in pic related? Think I tightened it up doing squats. There is pressure on it when I do pushups or situps. I can feel it being stretched slightly when I stretch my hip flexors doing lunges. I don't even know what muscle it is, so if anyone can tell me I would appreciate it.
>>
Does YC have fewer side effects than EC? Got nausea and lightheadedness from EC so I stopped.
>>
File: 1456715544688.jpg (682 KB, 608x4152) Image search: [Google]
1456715544688.jpg
682 KB, 608x4152
>>36422230
>>
How do I make my rib muscles calm the fuck down when I do cardio? It's always right below my pecs on the right side and no amount of warming up fixes it.
>>
I'm going through a horrid bout of food poisoning. It began this morning with 2 sessions of really fucking intense puking (I think the 2nd session cleared literally everything out). So last night's meal gains are gone. Now I'm crapping like crazy.

I'm doing the obvious things such as rest, will be taking work off tomorrow and the gym but I cannot for the life of me keep anything down. It took me ages to keep water down, I realise I'm going to lose weight but how do I minimise the damage? What foods do you guys recommend while handling this bullshit. I was thinking things like soup, yoghurt, ice-cream and toast but ive been told to try to avoid dairy? Experiences welcome and will be so so appreciated !
>>
>>36422257
Thanks, but none of these stretches targets the area I described (right in the middle of the groin pretty much). It's pissing me off because I can't find anything on google either.
>>
File: OH8GdWR.png (639 KB, 815x609) Image search: [Google]
OH8GdWR.png
639 KB, 815x609
>>36422380

last 2 stretches target the groin area

i had the same problem as you, as well as other mobility issues that affected my squat and those stretches helped

worth a try
>>
A friend of mine finished his bachelor degree with the best grades of the year but he can't into his body. He's really good at hammering stuff into his brain but some things are just not for him.
He's a manlet so he's trying really hard too.

Well anyways, he asked me for a routine that improves his chinups. He wants to be able to do 50 in one set. He weighs like 60 kilograms.

And he also told me he wants to improve his grip strength.
I told him his best bet is to buy an olympic barbell with weights, but of course he wants something magical to improve said strength.
So he asked me about those grippers you can buy.

Do you have any routine for chinups and grip strength, preferrably a grip strength item that isn't a barbell with weights?

I already told him he's retarded for targeting only grip strength instead of doing his entire body with deadlifts but maybe there's something out for people like him who believe in magic muscle pills.

tl;dr: What's a good routine to achieve 50 chinups in one set and what are good grip strength trainers for beginners

Thanks for reading and please respond.
>>
>>36422325
I would definitely avoid dairy. Nothing tastes worse than vomiting milk.

Carbs will help. Try to keep what little down you can, but getting sick is pretty much a lose-lose scenario.
>>
>>36422421
I don't think there's any routine which cures retardation anon
>>
>>36422410
I did try them, I feel the stretch on the outside of the groin where the legs connect. I need to target the area right below the abs. Thanks anyway.
>>
>>36418619
Eating any sort of protein or fat with carbs will slow the uptake of carbs and blunt the insulin response.
>>
>>36422421
50 chinups in one set... for what purpose? This fucking guy will never get past 6.

Also captain of crush grippers. Start that fag at .5 and make him work up to 2 which he will never get to.

I can close 2 but I then I just stopped for whatever reason. You destroy hands in handshakes though at that level
>>
>>36422510

Try doing lunge stretch and sucking in your stomach. Works for me
>>
>>36422058
Anyone?
>>
>>36422552
Thank you

>for what purpose
He's a manlet, he tries super hard.
>>
>>36422706

How about you call them and ask. How the fuck do you expect us to answer that?
>>
>>36422774
There's no number to call.

There are like 600 24 hour fitness locations, and probably thousands of /fit/izens. Surely ONE of them would know from experience whether or not it's fine.
>>
>>36422439
Thank you. I will avoid it for the moment.

Bump >>36422325
>>
I fucked up and forgot to defrost my chicken. I'm already post workout, and only drank gainer. Will I lose my gainz if I for example drink whey for protein and eat a pizza or somethng for carbs?
>>
>>36422858
Calm down and learn from your mistakes. You could also go buy a pack of cottage cheese and eat that, combined with a spoon of honey.
>>
I pigged the fuck out and destroyed a large bag of cream muffins. I've only got around 100-200 calories left for the day and I'm hopelessly behind on protons. Should I sacrifice a day of cutting to hit the macros, or a day of macros to sustain a cut?
>>
>>36418687
do standing dumbbell ohp
>>
Cheapest place to buy ON 100% Gold standard Whey?

im trying to find it for about 10 dollars a pound but even the 5 pound tubs that ive looked at dont offer that much value, but i thought that they used to
>>
>>36422439
>Nothing tastes worse than vomiting milk.
in addendum, nothing tastes better than vomiting bananas. it's soothing, smooth, and tastes just like bananas.
>>
>>36423335
Depends on you desu. I'd rather hit the macros and later have to do one or two days of cutting more, instead of wasting post workout gainz potential.
>>
File: 1335835151177.gif (958 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
1335835151177.gif
958 KB, 300x269
Lifting weights makes my muscles bigger.
Is it possible to lift weights with my cock and make it bigger too?
>>
>>36423378
That brand is pretty overpriced. Do some research and you should be able to get something a good deal cheaper without skimping on quality. Personally I like Myprotein.com, but it depends on where you live of course.
>>
>>36423411
what is going on in that gif
>>
Is being a manlet all that bad? I'm 6'4 and only 195lbs, aesthetic gains come so slowly on a tall ass frame. What might take a manlet 1 year to accomplish will take me 3 or 4.
>>
I'm going to start planning my meals for cutting. Is this okay for my macros:
>1g protein per pound
>0,3g fat per pound
and then calculate carbs from remaining calories. I am basically asking can I follow this video?
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3b_5vcS64
>>
>>36419320
http://www.ergo-log.com/best-shoulder-press-standing-with-dumbbells.html

standing dumbbell is the best

seated can also make your back hurt because of a reduced kinetic chain
>>
>>36423417
thanks that looks good
>>
>>36419526
http://www.ergo-log.com/eveningmorning.html

evenings
>>
what kind of strict ohp training should i do? mine is stalling at 50kgx5 and its annoying me.
I have an olympic barbell at home so i can train whenever, what should I do?
(am willing to train it like every day and prioritize it over everything else)
>>
>>36422858
Warm water, plastic ziplock, and a sink. Defrost your chicken in less than an hour.
>>
Is a 15km cycle at roughly 30-35kmh speed good for someone who has neglected cardio?
>>
>>36423708
microplates or texas method em
>>
Everytime I do Dips (not weighted yet), I feel some pain/discomfort in my middle chest (sternum?) as soon as finish my set and release the tension. It goes away within some seconds but I'd feel better if it wasn't painful at all. What do I do to prevent that? I really want to proceed doing them, because they hit my chest better than anything else. But I don't want to get hurt. Does anyone have a good source? I'm going to do Dips again today, so I can apply whatever you have for me right away.
>>
First time posting here, started 3 weeks ago with Starting Strength

I have a question about squats: does it make a huge difference if I do it with a normal, free barbell or the one that's assisted (where you can only move it up and down and you have certain levels where you can rest the bar)?
>>
>>36423761
I have the same thing, never though much of it though. It doesn't really bother me and it didn't affect any lifts I have, since I feel that like you, only just after releasing. So I don't think that could potentially hurt anyone.
>>
I'm a beginner and two days ago I dropped some plates to improve form and went ATG. Now my legs still hurt af. Can/should I still go to the Gym (doing SL)? Or should I have rest days until the pain is gone?
>>
Is it bad to get Whey Impact instead of Why Isolate?

MyProtein is a lot cheaper than ON and the difference in price between Impact and Isolate is really small.
>>
>>36423791
Started SL just a few months ago, but I found assisted really shit because you lean into that thing almost necessarily and are therefore probably not training certain muscles responsible for keeping balance?
>>
>>36423864
hmm the balance thing makes sense I guess, but what do you mean about leaning into it?
>>
File: wedont.gif (1002 KB, 250x251) Image search: [Google]
wedont.gif
1002 KB, 250x251
I`m doing a PPLPPL program atm. Are heavy Squats and Deads enough for abs or should I do additional core work? If yes, what should I do? and yes I know BF is very important.
>>
>>36423816
Read the sticky
>>
>>36423906
I never managed to go 100% straight up and down in a perfect line and therefore pressed against it and got supported by it at some point during the lift almost always
>>
>>36423948
I did when I first went

Please just tell me DDDDDDDD8
>>
What are some really good forearm exercises people have found? Im currently doing reverse ez bar curls but would like some other ideas.
>>
>>36423959
I see, I think I never had that problem. Still gonna stick to the unassisted for the balance thing though I guess, thanks
>>
>>36423980

>wrist rolling
>farmer's walks
>hammer curls for the brachialis
>wrist curls
>>
>>36424003
thanks
>>
>>36418619
Well, maaybe. RDfag here.
Glycemic index is a way to try to measure how much a given foodstuff increases your blood sugar compared to a given amount of pure sugar.

You won't change the GI of rice directly,but "diluting " it by eating something else at the same time, the total simultaneous glycemic response by your body will be lower. This would apply to other simiar foods too,like raw vegetables, protein, fats and possibly complex carbs(ymmv) aswell.
>>
>>36419285
Heels coming off the ground, running shoes, and you could maybe go another inch or two lower.
>>
>>36423812
Kind of relieving to hear that you have the same problem. Still, I feel like it shouldn't be that way and is indicating a mistake, which could cause an injury when adding weight. Which is why I want to change it, obviously.
>>
>>36423791
Assisted is called the smith machine and it's worthless as you don't train the stabilizing muscles. Do free weight squats.
>>
>>36419322
Running shoes have more cushion, which is great for runners since it gives them support instead of banging your foot against concrete for 30 minutes.

It's terrible for lifters because it pushes weight towards your toes and gives you an even lifting surface, particularly for squats.

Just get a pair of vans or converse. They're cheap and the soles are flat.
>>
pls help fit

deathly forearm DOMS?

after a long hiatus of not lifting i got back in the game and did back/bi s monday and chest/ tris tuesday.

Forearms were toasted the next day when I did chest/tri s but that was to be expected.

It's now Thursday and I'm still basically unable to fully extend forearms without consciously stretching in excruciating pain.

It's especially odd since my chest/tri s only have the usual amount of soreness and no real deathly beginner DOMS

I'm supposed to to legs/shoulders today but I'm somewhat afraid I'll bash my skull in while putting a dumbell up in OHP.

Should I just accept my life as an autist that walks around with arms permanently bent at 45 degrees?
>>
I'm doing a upper lower split that's ULxULxx. Would I benefit from another day of upper like ULxULUx, or just stick to what I'm doing. I've been lifting for 6 months if that changes anything.
>>
>>36420111
Might have slight lordosis
Try tightening your glutes and core simultaniously and see if it still is "bloated" like that
>>
Is BMI a meme? I'm 6'2" 212, which is considerably overweight according to my BMI but I've always been fairly lean and don't have a gut or anything
>>
>>36424121
Or wait a couple more days. Your question is really stupid.
>>
Are squats best to get a nice ass?

*For my gf
>>
Is 10 minutes of TKD practice on rest days alongside cardio (5 mins patterns, 5 punch and kick practice) a good start before my lessons?
>>
Can anyone tell me what's the best way to add cardio into a two day split routine?
>>
is it okay to do push/pull/full body if i dont want a separate leg day? legs are big compared to the torso and i really need to pack on some size on my shoulders and arms. i was thinking something like squats, calf raises, lunges and then maybe ohp, bench and rows on the full body day.

what say /fit/?
>>
>>36424337
It's really inaccurate unless you're very unmuscled. It's used for the average person. So, if you're losing weight from being a fatty or have very little muscle mass, it's fine.

But I seriously doubt you're not overweight if you're not also muscled. 212 for 6'2" is a pretty heavy weight.
>>
>>36424460
Genetics are. Squats will help thighs and other stuff, also will help what booty that's there pop, but it ain't a miracle worker.
>>
>>36424468
do cardio on the days you don't do the split.
>>
>>36424577
That's what I originally thought but cardio twice a week that spread out wouldn't be pointless?
>>
>>36424551
you do you anon, having a program is all about getting the core lifts in and then doing the accessories you need.

Personally I just go in and do what ever I want to look good and hit whats not tired. Doing this for 4 months now and probably not optimal but I've started getting compliments.

inb4 anecdotal evidence doesn't count
>>
File: 1312058668960s.jpg (2 KB, 126x97) Image search: [Google]
1312058668960s.jpg
2 KB, 126x97
>>36424583
...are you serious?
Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.