[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
zero calories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: zerocal.jpg (224 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
zerocal.jpg
224 KB, 1536x1536
So.. you can basically drink an unlimited amount of these with no detriment to your weight and diet right?
>>
False. Aspartame contains calories, they report it as 0 because USDA allows you to round down anything under 5 calories. You'd have to drink a fuck ton to rack up any significant amount of calories though. The bigger concern is people spraying their PAM spray for 30+ seconds, thinking its still "0 cal".

Also the fact you're drinking something with a PH of 2 that is used as an industrial solvent/cleaner. Calories or not, you're still destroying your insides.
>>
There's an ongoing debate on whether or not the artificial sweeteners used in these kinds of diet drinks can be detrimental to your long term health but that hasn't been definitely proven one way or another yet

But as far as I know, yes, although it's probably bad for your teeth
>>
>>36418519
ill bet you're a hit at parties
>>
>tfw my family was always drinking diet coke when normal people would drink regular
i wonder how fat i would be if this wasn't the case
>>
>>36418519
that's not the problem

>reason1
the aspartame will give you a short term fix and satisfy your hunger for sugar temporary, but because your body hasn't got any energy from the sweetener this makes you more hungry and makes you crave the sugar more so. making you over eat afterwards

>reason2
lets say it was 5 calories a can you would need 50 cans every day over your tdee to gain half a pound a week. your not going to drink 350cans a week. making it much better than full fat coke

so if you have excellent control over your body then i guess the occasional one once a week shouldn't harm you given you can control your appetite afterwards.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eplQwMG-3Ms
>>
File: 1450559371196.gif (771 KB, 240x180) Image search: [Google]
1450559371196.gif
771 KB, 240x180
>>36418552
>full fat coke
>>
What about Diet Pepsi since that shit is aspartame free now
>>
>>36418516
Isnt it called coke zero becuase of zero sugar???
>>
>>36418584
>>36418587
They just use different artificial sweeteners
>>
>>36418552
>your not going to drink 350cans a week
That's why I said you would not rack up any significant amount of calories though.

>>36418530
Epic meme. That'll teach me to answer a thread.
>>
>>36418519
On the swedish can it says 0.3 calories / 100 iirc, so like the other faggots said it is not the calories, but the other shit stuffed in to it
>>
>>36418805
So if it has 0.3 calories, you can't drink an "unlimited" amount without gaining fat, so the OP statement is still false.

But I did concede you'd have to purposely drink a retarded amount to gain weight. I was up to 4 liters per day at my peak.
>>
>>36418519
Tomato juice has a ph the equivalent of acid rain but I don't see you crying about tomatoes hippy.

Diet cola is excellent.
>>
>>36418519
Oh my god, the "it can be used as a rust cleaner, is your stomach stronger THAN THE MIGHTY METAL?!?!" is so fucking retarded it actually makes me enraged to see someone capable of spouting such idiotic drivel and actually feel SMART doing so.

Do you know what's even more acidic than cola? FUCKING TOMATOES
LEMONS

but if that wasn't enough, do you know what's even worse than both on the pH scale?

YOUR OWN FUCKING INSIDE LININGS

Fuck I'm so mad
Go back to arguing about chemtrails on Facebook groups, you retard
>>
File: wat.jpg (25 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
25 KB, 125x125
>>36418877
Tomato juice has tons of other phytochemicals and alkaline balancing compounds that counteract the acidity of the citric, malic, ascorbic acid (which btw, are all naturally formed plant acids).

Meanwhile, OP is wondering if a packed can of pure, isolated acid drink made with a fully synthetic industrial flavoring agent that didn't exist in the universe prior to the 20th century, would be bad for him if he drank an unlimited amount every day.

I know you're not even trolling, just being tongue in cheek, but goddamn if all these other retards in the thread don't realize that. Basically, if you think that's true, you are autism incarnate. This shit is death in a can. I'm not even sure how to explain why because it is just such an indescribable abomination upon God's green earth.

Actually, please go ahead and drink at least 10cans/day so as to off yourself.
>>
I read somewhere that it produces the same insulin response as sugar. Cant remember the source though
>>
>>36418935
>Tomato juice has tons of other phytochemicals and alkaline balancing compounds that counteract the acidity of the citric, malic, ascorbic acid
Not trying to suggest you are wrong, but I'd be interested if you have a source for that.
>>
>>36418519
Oh boy better not drink pH of 2 or it will go down your throat and into your stomach which is pH 1.

Fucking dumbass.
>>
>>36418935
1/10
>>
>>36418935
>'muh natural goodness'
>>
I'd be a fat shit without diet pepsi and coke zero.
>>
>>36419945
Heard about this as well, since the sweetness sates your appetite and insulin is released in anticipation of carbs being in the stomach/small intestine
>>
>>36423348
Aspartame does not cause an insulin response.
>>
>>36418519

Kill yourself
>>
>>36418516
When was the last time you saw a skinny person drinking a diet soda?
>>
Are retards really defending drinking any sort of coke?

Americunts detected
>>
Artificial sweeteners are one of the most studied substances ever due to being one of the lefties favorite conspiracy theory targets. If they could prove anything whatsoever an army of jew lawyers would drop dead over the thought of the multi billion class action.
>>
http://www.dietdrinkaddiction.com/

not saying anything in there is based on science, but look at the testimonies and the side effects people reported.

I stopped that shit. Was too used to drink it while being at the computer. Got up to 2-3 botles of 750 ml a day.

The thing with that shit, it that it tastes some what good and it has no calories. There are no direct downsides of drinking as much as you want, and with time, you want always more.

Hell, when i started drinking coke zero, i didn t even drank regular coke. It started slowly until the habit was carved in my daily behaviors.

I'm not talking about chemical addiction, more like habit addiction. An habit that is so deeply rooted in your behaviors that you cant easly stop it.

To make it even more difficult to stop it, coke zero is not as bad as cigaret, drugs or alcohol, it's so easy to say "it's my only vice, i, dont drink alcohol, dont do drugs, don't somke, i can afford to have it." It's really easy to be in denial.

TL DR, diet sodas are shit, dont even drink them once a week.
>>
why dont they just invent a coke that has a 1 tsp of sugar. sure they have coke life but its still loaded with sugar.
>>
>>36425905
So I either drink nothing or 3 bottles a day. You're probably just a dyel cuck with no will power. Sound like a manlet too desu.
>>
>>36426026
lol

if it's ocasional drinking, why bother with half the tase, drink a regular one

also, suck a dick, it'll make you better
>>
>>36426045
That shit is like 40g of sugar a can bro. I do like 1.5-2L a day or tea with splenda.
>>
>>36426083
splenda is the same shit.

I gain nothing from sharing my experience.

Do what the fuck you want.
>>
>>36418530
Well meme'd, friend.
>>
>>36418516
I personally find that diet sodas make me crave sugars after, but o answer your question, it is basically calorie free, so it will not directly cause weight
>>
>>36426130
I know its the same obviously. Your anecdote didn't even include any personal negative experience other than I drank a lot. You sound like one of those people who got pressured into giving it up by normies and now wants a pat on the back, even dug up someones mom science blog to justify it.
>>
>>36426195
k
>>
So much misinformation ITT, I wonder why diet sodas trigger people this much.

OP, yes, you can literally drink as much as you want and it won't affect weightloss or make you put on weight. The thing about it making you hungry is purely anecdotal and you can pretty much see for yourself if it's the case with you.

When I went from 115kg at my heaviest to 85 kg (6'4), I did so while drinking a shitload of diet coke, about 1L a day and it satisfied my cravings for sweet things just right and never experienced any extra hunger wether I had it or didn't, while cutting at 1500kcal.

I've since stopped drinking a lot of it because I no longer get sweet cravings that much but I'll have a bottle a week or so still, it's still a nice treat.
>>
>>36420277
someone hasnt heard about buffered systems

which the stomach is
>>
>>36426810
Are you confusing the blood buffering system with stomach acid? The parietal cells secrete HCl.... It's not buffered. There is a mucus layer for their protection anyway.
>>
lost 75kg of pure fat and drank on average a litre of coke zero a day. Fuck, I'm swigging on a 2 litre bottle right now.
>>
The acid isn't great for your teeth

Other than that the concerns are minimal

I wouldn't use it as primary hydration though, especially if you anticipate doing any high intensity physical activity soon after, simply because the carbonation can make it difficult to maintain breathing rhythm.

Some people say aspartame causes craving for sweetness. Personally, I haven't seen this. But even if it does happen for you personally, even that would only affect your diet if you actually follow it, instead of ignore it
>>
>>36427472

it's funny how people fail to see the logic of artificial sweeteners and cravings for sweetness. You like sweet foods, so you drink coke zero, you still like sweet foods, you will want other sweet things eventually. I have a big sweet tooth, but I haven't had an actual sugary items in weeks.
>>
>>36427489
>You like sweet foods, so you drink coke zero, your sweet cravings are now satisfied with no calories

Liking sweet foods and NOT having coke zero would make me want to have something with calories instead. I don't see how you fail to see the logic.
>>
>>36418552
Reason one is stupid as fuck and only applies to people with no self control.
>>
>>36418516
Just drink water

SAD!
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.