[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/PPL/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
The other thread died too quickly and I still have questions.

Was thinking of doing:

Pull Push Legs Push Pull Rest Rest

That way DL and Squat are separated by a day. Would do another leg day but I'm a lanklet that needs to focus on upper body.

Do you do PPL? What variation do you do?
>>
I do

PxPxPxxPxLxPxx

I aggrivated my quad tendon and just got afraid to do a lot of leg work since it hurt for a long time.
>>
We are training our bodies to lift heavy loads, so REMEMBER to do a generalized full-body warmup (such as 5-10 minute spinning) as well as a movement-specific warmup (1 set at 30% of 1RM) coupled with regular form checks.

I believe the above is what has saved me from injury during these last years.
>>
>>36417544
What exercises should I do in a standard push pull leg routine?

Currently doing SS + rows amd lat pull downs so I can do pullups
>>
>>36419057
One day do Pull, then one day do Push, and one day do Legs. I add cardio in my rest days. I do a mix of machine, dumbbell and barbell exercises. I usually warm up with machines and work my way to free weights. I do any exercise that's open. I just focus on the muscle group and hope I can get in the good lifts like dumbbell rows, deadlifts in leg day, squats on leg day, curls (I like them), bench press on push day.
>>
>>36419076
I'm new to the gym scene. Literally a fat ass fatass. /fit/ has helped me lose a lot of weight. Be I'm still a major newbie when it comes to what to do at the gym.

Do you mind telling me your routine, I'll add some exercises to help improve my pullups
>>
>>36419220
Don't so PPL as a noob, it's an intermediate program.

What's your SS program?
>>
>>36419236
Standard ss + lat pulldowns, rows, pullup machine (adds counterweight to help you lift)

MTuWThFSaSu
Ax BxAxBxx
Is starting strength - however on Tuesday Thursday I go to thre recruiting officer to pt with the poolees, Tuesday we ran 6 miles the Thursday before that it was strength circuits. It varies greatly
>>
>>36419385
When do you ship to boot camp faggot?
>>
>>36419493
August
>>
I typically do Legs, Push, Pull, Push, Legs, then either a run or core work and rest on weekends
I like to squat but I don't want to be T-Rex mode anymore
If I go really heavy deadlifting on Pull day, I won't squat heavy on the next Leg day to preserve my lower back
>>
>>36419220
I'm doing PPL with advice from a trainer and I'm a beginner. Three months in a week.

My routine is pretty much what I said, machine warm ups, dumb bells and bar bells. Specifically, I use whatever is open. Pull day is back, biceps and lower back. The major workouts are Lat pull downs, one arm dumb bell rows, back extension, and dumb bell curls. I also use the row machine (the weight machine). I will try to do pull ups once in a while too. You can warm up your game with the pull up assist machine. My sets are 10x3 with a minute rest. I'm also doing shrugs because I want to work traps.

Push day is shoulder machine with neutral grip, pec fly with cable or dumb bell, bench. I might do abs too. Again 10x3 minute rest.

Also all of these days I do at least 9 up to 12 or more exercises, usually 45-60 minutes total.

Then legs I do press, leg extension, hamstring, dead, squat. Again 10x3 minute rest.

Cardio I do HIIT. My typical is a minute at around 5 and a minute on around 9 on the treadmill. Do this about 7 times and then around 5 until I hit about 20 minutes, usually less because I get blisters really easily.

Then hit the protein macro.
>>
>>36419728
>Three months in a week
He of a paradox workout regimen. I'm assuming you meant three weeks in a month.

So your 10x 3
Is 10 sets of 3 reps or 3 sets of 10 reps
>>
>>36420366
Shit forgot, how do you hit protein macros without going beyond your caloric intake? I'm trying to lose weight while building muscle.

>is it 1g of protein per lb of weight or
1g of protein per lb of desired body weight (i.e. less protein if losing weight weight/more protein if goal is to bulk)
>>
I came with my own variation

I mix push/pull then do legs then shoulders (aiming for cannonball delts
The focus shifts on the pushPULL day btw
>>
>>36420505
>cannonball delts
I hope you're not natty, or else you might as well give up right now.
>>
>>36419663

you should be doubling up on your pull not your push. back muscles are more important.
>>
>>36420528
I tried doing the standard push day, felt I wasn't doing enough delts
>>
>>36417537
That is how i have been doing it for 2 years now but every 8-10 weeks I will run L-Pu-Pl-Pu-L-R-R for about 2 weeks.
>>
>>36417537
I'll do Pull Push Legs X Pull Push Legs X
On X days it's either rest or sex muscles- abs, glutes, delts, bic, plus cardio. It's a lot of fun mixing it up, essentially lifting for girls and better sex 1/4 of the time and lifting for strength and antidepressant gains the rest of the time.
I feel like I'm getting bigger, slowly. Feels good.
>>
File: 1455907611869.webm (1 MB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1455907611869.webm
1 MB, 640x640
Progression on a PPL routine as an intermediate lifter?

I'm almost done with Stronglift, my 1RMS at 6'0'' 205lbs are:
OHP: 155 lbs (135 3x5)
Bench: 220 lbs (190 3x5)
Squat: 297 lbs (260 3x5)
Deadlift: 420 lbs (365 1x5)

I was looking to switch to an intermediate PPL routine after SL.

How do you deal with the progression on the main lifts on PPL since you can't milk linear gains anymore?
>>
>>36420391
Shaaaaaaaaakes
>>
How many days a week you guys train?

Personally find 4 days a week works best for me, rest mid week and weekend of.

5/3/1 4 lyfe

Current lifts at 93-95kg

100kg bench 1x4 paused
170kg squat 1x2
220kg DL 1x2

I got long arms so my press are weak as shit.
>>
>>36425772
Seven day master race. I hate off days.
>>
>>36425783
How does that work for you?

I tired doing a PPL 6 days a week before all that happend was i got weaker.
>>
File: fat fuck.jpg (238 KB, 902x845) Image search: [Google]
fat fuck.jpg
238 KB, 902x845
Took a 1 year break from lifting after getting bored on SS and now i´m back at the gym. I started my own ppl variotion this monday. I go through PPL only once a week but add some additional work, such as strength day. Also considering doing assistance and 1 arm chin up training on optional day.

it goes like this

Legs,push,pull,X,Strenght,X,optional

Also stats:
19yrs
188cm
103kg (110 before the break)
sqwat: 120kg x5 (170X5 before)
Bench: 102.5kgX5 (130x1 before)
Diddly: 180kgX4 (240x3 before)

Opinions? And how long do you think it takes for me to get back to my old stats? Cutting currently btw.
>>
>>36425951
How are your lifts so high wid that body?

Is it just the fat hiding it all, you have a good Bench but no chest.
>>
>>36425802
I had to slow down intensity recently because my shoulder kind of hurts, and I got a really bad stitch in my side today. I got one so bad one time I had to stop. I only get them when I do cardio. I don't know if any of those are due to 7 day or just bad form. I'm trying to go light because I definitely don't want to injure myself. I already hate off days as it is.
>>
>>36425986
I allways thought my bench was the weak point of my lifts.
That pic was about one year before my best lifts.
Also bad ligthing and insertions + fat
>>
>>36426080
240kg diddy for 3

Holy shit man how long did you lift for?
>>
>>36425951
Finland is a shithole. You should feel bad.
Routine seems to make sense though.
>>
File: 1411365636625.jpg (233 KB, 1959x1469) Image search: [Google]
1411365636625.jpg
233 KB, 1959x1469
>>36426120
4 years of nonconsistant lifting before starting deadlifts and squats. Lifted 150 at second time i ever DL:led. Year later reached 230x3 and 250x1. Stopped lifting for half a year but started again for 8 months and reached those stats and took a break until now. I´m unconsistent faggot who has great base and genes for lifting(11 years swimming and 5 kayaking, always been the biggest guy in class) and still i fail to go to the gym for more than a year in a row. DESU I don´t deserve these lifts ;__;
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.